Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    I kinda liked the Digimon season where the kids transformed into like, Digimon Power Rangers.
    That would be season two your talking about That was a good series to and it really seemed like it was going to raise Digimon's popularity!

I can't remember properly, but wasn't Digimon much darker than pokemon? But it had like... an epic storyline?

P.S this thread is making me nostalgic for digimon. Perhaps I should DL it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Any1 remembers Medabots? I also liked that show, was becoming just as big as Digimon but sadly it didn't got past the second series

But the games were awesome
    I do actually. But I didn't like the series at all, probably because of the artwork. The little I saw from the story seemed very bland too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    I can't remember properly, but wasn't Digimon much darker than pokemon? But it had like... an epic storyline?

P.S this thread is making me nostalgic for digimon. Perhaps I should DL it...
    Yes, the story was way more in-depth and definitely a bit darker. This thread also makes me want to go back and watch it, but Hulu doesn't have the original.

Back in the day I refused to watch Digimon because I thought it was copying pokemans, I did however watch one season of it when I was a little bit older (10ish?) and somewhat enjoyed it.

I think the Pokemon games had a large part to do with why the show was successful, I also think Pokemon's idea just took off more so than Digimon's.

Quote Originally Posted by Videcaa View Post
    That would be season two your talking about That was a good series to and it really seemed like it was going to raise Digimon's popularity!
    Aha, thank you! I didn't get to watch it as much as I wanted to (among other shows), so I'm pretty terrible with seasons and such. >.>

It was a ripoff, simple as that. Every kid already knew the genre from Pokémon so why would they watch something similar to Pokémon that also was frankly worse(not by much perhaps, but for kids that's alot).

Most ripoffs doesn't last long if they do not do something unique and original besides from the basic ripoff. World of Warcraft is a perfect example of that. iPhone is also a perfect example, is iPhone by standards the best phone? Not by far, but it was the first touch phone that was good. And that sticks. It's called markeeting. iPhone has about 50% of the smartphone market today, but you can now find more powerful phones with more features for a cheaper price, but people still buy and somehow prefer iPhone. It's has to do with your mind.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Videcaa View Post
    Actuly that was Season 4 tought i would more call it as a spinoff from the original series it was named Digimon Frontier.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUSzqnjakGM
    I actuly prefer this season more then Season 3&5.

OT: Digimon was awesome however it kinda died out with how much they changed it season to season like the original 2 seasons between digimon tamers and digimon frontier its just completly diffrent and ofc Digimon Data Squad wich i just couldent stand it was just bad.

New season out in Japan tought Called Digimon Xros Wars tought theres no real info about it at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I WONT FLAME I PROMISE AHHHHHHHH

*rubs the pain out of eyes*

I'd imagine because it was marketed better? Had more longevity? Appealed to a larger audience? Stuff like that

Personally, I really liked the first season of Digimon, second was OK, third and on I just couldn't watch. Thinking back on it I can't remember exactly what turned me off, but the first was the best. The thing is, cartoons like this don't thrive by keeping the same audience. Pokemon had a formula that worked, so that when the initial audience out grew it, there was a new, younger audience getting hooked the same way as the original. I think digimon tried too hard to evolve with the audience, in stead of drawing in an all new set of youngsters
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Digimon is still around, it just doesn't get a new series every year (I think the last show ended in 2008, the new one isn't dubbed yet), and it's only on cable. But it really peaked with Tamers, so if you don't watch you really haven't missed much.

Quote Originally Posted by Freezeframe View Post
    I don't think Digimon sucked, but I agree with whoever said because of the lack of other forms of media behind it.

I actually loved Digimon right along with Pokemon, both great shows from my childhood. It's a shame Digimon ended, i loved the movies. But, at the same time I was obsessed with Pokemon. Guess the market isn't big enough for two shows of the same basic idea.
    i also enjoyed both when i was younger. however i didnt follow digimon for long and pokemon won the war for my mind. im still playing pokemon to this game. even if digimon was still around i wouldnt care at all

I lied** I mean't to type Season 3 was when the People Merged with their Digimon! Season 4 was then became the Digimon!

---------- Post added 2011-05-24 at 11:28 PM ----------

http://www.watchdigimonepisodes.com/

For all you happy Digimon fans who are looking for a free site to watch episodes online! Please be aware there are A LOT of pop-ups though and it does get frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm not saying one is better than the other, simply that they both are bad.

PS:
    Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    The bold letters honestly hurt my eyes.

Deleted
    Oh my I LOVED Digimon but I don't think it got enough views as Pokemon did...
    I miss it so much, I even had the PS1 game which I remember off by heart to this day.. I got so sucked into that one.
    Loved the hole idea of it too. Shame its gone

Quote Originally Posted by Taters91 View Post
    Oh my I LOVED Digimon but I don't think it got enough views as Pokemon did...
    I miss it so much, I even had the PS1 game which I remember off by heart to this day.. I got so sucked into that one.
    Loved the hole idea of it too. Shame its gone
    Digimon World was an unreal game. I actually started it again this summer on an emulator to bring back some nostalgia. :P

The worst feeling in the world was having your Metal Greymon shit that 1 final time, rending you with a useless, annoying Sukamon.

Deleted
    If I'm not mistaken there was still new (or well, new in the often very delayed TV broadcasts here) Pokemon stuff airing just recently in Finland, while Digimon stopped after the 2nd season...a decade ago? I certainly enjoyed Digimon far more than Pokemon back then, due to the far more interesting story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rammurg View Post
    If I'm not mistaken there was still new (or well, new in the often very delayed TV broadcasts here) Pokemon stuff airing just recently in Finland, while Digimon stopped after the 2nd season...a decade ago? I certainly enjoyed Digimon far more than Pokemon back then, due to the far more interesting story.
    Well yes, Pokemon is now on their Black & White series and its airing everywhere! Digimon is currently on their 6th season which started on July 6th, 2010 but only few episodes are in English right now. The way Digimon did it I believe was have the first 3 seasons right after each other.. Then waited ridiculous amount of years to release the 4th/5th/6th ones.

Off-Topic, THE 2ND SEASON FINALE STILL MAKES ME CRY!

The second's made you cry? Third seasons ending was heart rendering!

2nd: Digimon are introduced to every child and everyone lives happily ever after. Id explain it more but... there isn't much else to explain :S

3rd: The Digimon are taken away from the children as they are forced back into the digital world. The children continue on without them, sad, but before the series ends a shimmer of hope is shown when the original portal to the digital world is found intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadence View Post
    The second's made you cry? Third seasons ending was heart rendering!

2nd: Digimon are introduced to every child and everyone lives happily ever after. Id explain it more but... there isn't much else to explain :S

3rd: The Digimon are taken away from the children as they are forced back into the digital world. The children continue on without them, sad, but before the series ends a shimmer of hope is shown when the original portal to the digital world is found intact.
    2nd seasons is sad when the one guy who was friends of Cody's father passes away just before entering the digital world. He wanted to go their all his life and he was only a few steps away, HE EVEN GOT A DIGIMON! It was so sad when he left like that!