Thread: Chimaeron HM

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Chimaeron HM

Hai,

After 3-shotting Atramedes last wednesday, we went for Chimaeron HC Sunday. It took us a whole night, yet we didnt get it down, which was dissapointing, given fact most people actually 3shot Chimaeron and have a harder time on Atramedes instead (Thats what I figured, atleast).

Our first try was 40%, then we had 2-3 tries that reached lower then that point (~35%) out of 15 tries.

I have no WoL, but the problem might be on our setup, tank/healing wise.

This is how we did it:

Setup
    Bear Druid
    Bear Druid
    FrostDK in Blood

Holy Paladin
    Resto Shaman (Tried him as enh. and me disc on my alt)
    Resto Druid

Aff(drain) Warlock
    Aff(drain) Warlock
    Fire Mage
    Combat Rogue

Strat
    We let the DK pull, and tank Chim. Then Feral tank #1 was taking the doubles and tanked during feud #1. After feud #1 we switched Feral tank #1 with #2, making Feral #2 taking double attacks + feud #2. After feud #2 we then let the feral tank #1 take doubles agian; etc. DK was tanking throughout the whole fight except for doubles & feuds.

Holy Paladin was healing one of the druids, beacon on the DK. We popped a LoH on feral #1 in feud #1, along with link totem. Divine Guardian in feud #2 and tranqs in feud 3.

Not sure wether Aura Mastery works or not, but it gets used in feud 3. Phase 2 should be no real problem I reckon; Wait for massacre @ 25%, heal all, push 22%.

Hope someone can work out our strat and point me towards better options

Love,

PS: Would it be smart to go Magmaw wednesday eventho we weren't able to kill Chim?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post10910974

This older Chimaeron HC post might help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    given fact most people actually 3shot Chimaeron and have a harder time on Atramedes instead (Thats what I figured, atleast).
    Since atramedes was fixed/nerfed its way easier, probably easier then halfus.

Might help if you actually say what your wiping to.

Aura Mastery does work to mitigate Mocking Shadows damage in phase 2. It's shadow damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Since atramedes was fixed/nerfed its way easier, probably easier then halfus.

Might help if you actually say what your wiping to.
    Mainly tank deaths. Either of 3 that is, in different phases, mainly feud 1 & 2 tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    it took us 4 nights to get chim heroic down on 25m.
    we are going atramedes now, but i don't think we are goin to 3shot that either luls
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Both setup and strategy seem alright (though I was under the impression, affli-drain was dead. Didn't it got a 25% nerf?).
    Mudkiper is right, it would be good to know what you're actually wiping to.

edit: just read your reply. Try keeping the feud-tank outside the camp so he doesn't get hit by the feud itself. It does mean a little more damage to the rest of the raid, but your tank is safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly tank deaths. Either of 3 that is, in different phases, mainly feud 1 & 2 tho.
    You need to have all 3 healers bomb a big heal immediately on the feud tank before they stack up with the raid for feud. Then also have the feud tank pop a cooldown (Barkskin, Survival Instincts, or both). That's what we do.

Does anyone know if the Frost DK has to be in Blood presence? IIRC he should be in a DPS presence.
    Last edited by PhilCosby; 2011-05-24 at 09:27 AM. Reason: clarification
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

There is no need for the person eating normal melee hits to be crit immune, we have a ret pally do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilCosby View Post
    Does anyone know if the Frost DK has to be in Blood presence? IIRC he should be in a DPS presence.
    Doesn't Blood Presence increase the amount of threat he generates?

Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    There is no need for the person eating normal melee hits to be crit immune, we have a ret pally do it.
    I think that's why they have a Frost DK do it .
    Every plate-DPS can do it, in case of need even a Warrior, he would have to stance dance to taunt, though.

Deleted
    Hey,
    We found Chimaeron to be the toughest of the HC we have so far killed.
    Took us a full week altogether, when boss like atramedes took us 5 attempts and Magmaw, Maloriak took us just over 1 raid.

We do it the 2 tank strag as this seems to be more controlled and less confusing.
    Tank 1 Starts
    Tank 2 takes Double Hits

When the bot goes offline, Tank 2 moves out of the group (as to not also take d,g from caustic slime) we put a Guardian on him and make sure he is fully healed, you have about 5 seconds to do this, before turning 2 healers to raid heal and leaving 1 on the tank should be enough.
    Tank 2 then uses a CD for the 1st Double hit (For example I use Shield Block and Shield Wall) the 2nd double hit is actually a massacre so no CD is needed and at this point you also move back to your normal positions, then a CD for the 3rd double hit (I use Last Stand and Shield Block), when the 4th double hit is about to happen Tank 1s Break debuff will of dropped off, so he can taunt and take it.
    There is also a chance the bot could go offline at this point as well, if it does Tank 1 takes it to the side and uses his CD is the same manner as Tank 2 just did, if it doesnt Tank 1 takes the double hit and Tank 2 taunts it back and so forth until the bot does go offline and then Tank 1 takes it to the side.

We slow down our DPS around 23% and wait for a massacre to hit, we all stay grouped for this and use all abilities to get everyone fully healed, pop Hero/blood and nuke it over.
    Dont bother spreading out, just nuke nuke nuke.

This fight has had a lot of whine about RnG and yes I can see the point, because sometimes if the Bot just keeps going off its very hard on healers and the tanks run out of Ds, in that respect the 3 tank setup is probably more efficient, but its far more messing about. When we kill Chim, its pretty much a silent kill because communication is hardly required with the 2 tank setup.
    I hope this helps, because we read a few guides on this but non of them where very clear.
    Last edited by mmoc43cd840231; 2011-05-24 at 09:41 AM.

Hai,
    Strat
    We let the DK pull, and tank Chim. Then Feral tank #1 was taking the doubles and tanked during feud #1. After feud #1 we switched Feral tank #1 with #2, making Feral #2 taking double attacks + feud #2. After feud #2 we then let the feral tank #1 take doubles agian; etc. DK was tanking throughout the whole fight except for doubles & feuds.

Holy Paladin was healing one of the druids, beacon on the DK. We popped a LoH on feral #1 in feud #1, along with link totem. Divine Guardian in feud #2 and tranqs in feud 3.

Not sure wether Aura Mastery works or not, but it gets used in feud 3. Phase 2 should be no real problem I reckon; Wait for massacre @ 25%, heal all, push 22%.

Hope someone can work out our strat and point me towards better options ?
    You have to stagger your healing cooldowns. Have Shaman and Druid Nature Swiftness / Nature Swiftness combined with their largest heal. I'm assuming you're letting tanks die at the start of feud and not during their double strikes. If it's the ladder, then I recommend having healing assignments. Since you're the only tank healer, I suggest volunteering for that job.

Feud 1 - Lay on Hands and stay on the tank to get it back up while Sham/Druid picks the party up. Use spirit link totem if needed.

Feud 2 - Ancestral Swiftness.

Feud 3 - Ancestral Swiftness. Tranquility everyone back up before hitting P3.

Also Tree Form should be used during one of the feuds to help out raid healing, too. Cheers goodluck

Deleted
    We also encountered the same problem as you, with tank deaths being the problem.

Make sure you have cooldowns ready for the tanks for every feud, if you have raid wide cooldows use them.

Also, dont have the fued tank standing in the group with the others, else then that hope for some dodges.

Deleted
    You need to have all 3 healers bomb a big heal immediately on the feud tank before they stack up with the raid for feud. Then also have the feud tank pop a cooldown (Barkskin, Survival Instincts, or both). That's what we do.

Blood presence is helpful for the extra threat generation, after all he is tanking for most of the fight.

The healers need to remember that there's no raid damage for the first 14 seconds of each Feud. So they can and should all spamheal the tank right after Massacre so he can survive the first few hits. I'd suggest using Barkskin initially, and use Survival Instincts when the Double Strike is incoming or when Barkskin fades, whichever comes first. Replace SI with Frenzied Regen if SI isn't off cooldown from the previous feud. Stacking stamina is probably better than relying on dodge rng for this fight, so I'd suggest they equip trinkets accordingly.

Dunno, maybe its not obvious for you, but Tank should stay outside your group during feud. All you need is to heal him to full for double attack.
    Tank should pop avoidance trinket + shieldwall on double attack during feud. 4p feral set bonus will give him 18 seconds shieldwall, thats basically almost full feud phase. There is no chance for tank to die if he receives at least _some_ healing.
    Rotate healers CD if shieldwall is on CD.

Dont forget to bring disc priest with you. His shields in p2 are unbelievably useful.

My guild struggled with Chimeraon Heroic for around 4 weeks, then suddenly we got him to 1-shot farm since.

We found getting the Phase 2 (DPS Burn Phase) happening under a fued to be the best option. Have your DPS time their burst with the slime hits on the group, also pop Heroism and let the healers burn all of their mana and just heal everyone and keep everyone to 100% until P2 starts. Healers are almost 100% useless in P2. If you can, have a healer taunt the boss so they're getting hit first, then your tanks, then your DPS.

Also, remind your tanks that popping all cooldowns at once is the only way to survive. Unless you're insanely lucky with RNG, there is no value in popping 1 cooldown at a time, just pop them all, blow everything and load up the DoTs before you die.

But, we found with the Heroism / Bloodlust / Timewarp under Feud while most DPS are alive was more effective, and gave the healers that extra haste to fill up the players. Pop it at around 22.5% and you'll have more then enough time to Heal and get your DPS load off.

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Dunno, maybe its not obvious for you, but Tank should stay outside your group during feud. All you need is to heal him to full for double attack.
    Tank should pop avoidance trinket + shieldwall on double attack during feud. 4p feral set bonus will give him 18 seconds shieldwall, thats basically almost full feud phase. There is no chance for tank to die if he receives at least _some_ healing.
    Rotate healers CD if shieldwall is on CD.

Dont forget to bring disc priest with you. His shields in p2 are unbelievably useful.
    The damage the tank would take inside the group is vastly less then the healing he would lose from the aoe heals and PW:B. Also, Spirit Link totem is pretty OP on this fight, can fully heal the tank during fued and during p2 if needed.

Deleted
    He does, otherwise all the other DPS will overaggro. (No hunter, rogue tricks won't do enough I bet)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    Both setup and strategy seem alright (though I was under the impression, affli-drain was dead. Didn't it got a 25% nerf?).
    25% on DL which is a filler is nothing, compared to the ammount of selfhealing we get back for it (meaning 2 targets that.. simply dont need healing apart from a few aoe heals in feud)

I'll try to see what happens when a tank actually stays out during feud. Good idea, seriously!

Deleted
    He does, otherwise all the other DPS will overaggro. (No hunter, rogue tricks won't do enough I bet)

25% on DL which is a filler is nothing, compared to the ammount of selfhealing we get back for it (meaning 2 targets that.. simply dont need healing apart from a few aoe heals in feud)

I'll try to see what happens when a tank actually stays out during feud. Good idea, seriously!
    Try the 2 tank setup, its far better.