Thread: Just.... Why

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    One thing that pisses me off in random pugs for loot:

Im on a shaman, BoE world Epic Sword drops, Everyone rolls need to sell it on ah for 3000g.
    But shaman can't use swords, and the need button is gone!
    Didn't they changed exactly that? I remember something like "Rolling need on BoE items binds them to you"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illunis View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.
    Could not say it better myself.

People rolling on gear that they shouldnt use or wont use over ppl that will sucks for sure, but its dungeon gear there are tons of things that will replace it and its easy to get again. Is it fun farming heroic 5 mans for certain drops no but it can be avoided also.

---------- Post added 2011-05-26 at 08:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DerSenf View Post
    Didn't they changed exactly that? I remember something like "Rolling need on BoE items binds them to you"
    They did change it there are a few ways to get around that but for the most part if you need on a boe its soulbound to you.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Could not say it better myself.
    Yeah, but for the fact that his post made no sense. What does it matter that WoW isn't realistic?
    Mailing dragons is not realistic or physically possible. Giving items with stats to classes to can't use it is stupid and unfair.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    Help me someone please

Why!

Why did the dps warrior roll on the agility trinket over my rogue in BRC, Why was he able to roll on it? Why did he win it? Why did the group kick me after i told him what he was? Why?

Why did the Dwarf BM Hunter who was doing no more then 2k DPS, roll on my Dagger? Why is his top ability used Auto Shot? Why?

Why was I allowed to roll need on the strength DPS cloak?

Just... Why?
    I'm going to assume by "what he was" you said some along the lines of...

"Insert mean, angry and insulting words here"

I can see why you were kicked if that's the case...

But yeah the system is stupid and broken and needs to be worked on. All i see nowadays whenever I decide to do a 5man is "OOO SHINY DICE! I'm gonna click on them even though i have 0 use for this item!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ranikotar View Post
    "OOO SHINY DICE! I'm gonna click on them even though i have 0 use for this item!!"
    Personally I think the gold coin is shinier. And more polite to click.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranikotar View Post
    I'm going to assume by "what he was" you said some along the lines of...

"Insert mean, angry and insulting words here"

I can see why you were kicked if that's the case...

But yeah the system is stupid and broken and needs to be worked on. All i see nowadays whenever I decide to do a 5man is "OOO SHINY DICE! I'm gonna click on them even though i have 0 use for this item!!"
    I have to wonder if the recent changes to Agility (no longer gives dodge to Plate Classes), is a sign of them potentially trying to further streamline the stat system to the point where they can actually say "if you are not an AGI class, you can not roll on an item with AGI on it", etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I have to wonder if the recent changes to Agility (no longer gives dodge to Plate Classes), is a sign of them potentially trying to further streamline the stat system to the point where they can actually say "if you are not an AGI class, you can not roll on an item with AGI on it", etc.
    As opposed to just not letting plate classes roll on agility items in the first place?

lol?

Deleted
    its grouploot in 1-60 dungeons, after that the random dungeons go to need before greed system.
    they should change that though, but with full heirlooms, you could be equiping nothing in the rest of your slots, and still do okey

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DerSenf View Post
    Cause when i need on a BoE item that i actually need and the next encounter drops my item thats just a bit better? (aka Haste (BoP item) vs Mastery (BoE item) on a Destro lock).
    This means i flush 18.000 down the drain because i just Soulbound(needed) the BoE Item.. thats why

Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    He didn't say he rolled need, he just had the option.
    When I play on my shaman I get various options to roll need (on strenght items, with or without dodge/parry).

I think Blizz needs to tighten this option for a few classes and adjust the need before greed system in a way that for Agil/Str you can only need your main priority (since str is near useless for a shaman and agil near useless for a prot warr).
    Well, Agi being completely useless for Prot Warrs/Palas/DKs as of next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Maybe he wanted the crit?

Maybe it was an upgrade over what he was using?

Also, I may not know a lot about Beast mastery, but I am almost 100% sure that a BM hunter would have to be doing something wrong to have ANY ability hit more often then Auto-Shot. I mean, BM only has what? Auto and Steady (or maybe Chimera)? to plink away with at range?
    If I remember my breakdown correctly on my hunter when I did a small test on a dummy (13k BM specced over 5mins) my split was Arc Shot first, Cobra Shot second, then AS. However.. BM gets 40+% of its dps from its pet alone. Of which you use alot of your focus on casting Kill Command which makes up around 30% of pets total damage. Autoshot does hit more often, but hits like a pillow so its damage is much reduced compared to constant 6-12k CS/AS etc.

Solution: don't raid with retards.

If this happened to me, I'd find another raid group/guild in an instant. But you know, this happens alot, why did a boomkin who died instantly on valiona (2 drakes) win the trinket over me when I survived the entire fight doing the most dps? iit's wow, I'm used to it already I suggest you get used to it also.

As opposed to just not letting plate classes roll on agility items in the first place?

lol?
    Well, that somtimes depends. Rings, necks, capes and trinkets are the items they have the most trouble with, and sometimes, an Agility ring with excellent secondary stats may be an upgrade over your lower Ilevel strength ring with crappy secondary stats, even with the AP loss. Same can also be said the other way around, with AGI classes rolling on strength stuff because the secondary effect / stats is statistically better then their current agi piece.

Quite possibly, the only real solution would be to completely remove primary stats off of non "Armor" pieces all together, and just let everyone use them. Give them Stam, and an assortment of Secondary stats, and maybe some cool procs, and call it done.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2011-05-26 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    why did a boomkin who died instantly on valiona (2 drakes)
    Sounds like a early Blackout dispel to me, if he really died in an instant. Healers fault, then. Not your Boomkin's.

Quote Originally Posted by Phazormal View Post
    Sounds like a early Blackout dispel to me, if he really died in an instant. Healers fault, then. Not your Boomkin's.
    I think that there are only 2 "instagib" mechanics in that fight. Blackout, and standing in the Deep Breath line for more then 2 seconds. One is the healer's fault, the other is the DPS's.

Deleted
    Help me someone please

Why!

Why did the dps warrior roll on the agility trinket over my rogue in BRC, Why was he able to roll on it? Why did he win it? Why did the group kick me after i told him what he was? Why?

Why did the Dwarf BM Hunter who was doing no more then 2k DPS, roll on my Dagger? Why is his top ability used Auto Shot? Why?

Why was I allowed to roll need on the strength DPS cloak?

Just... Why?
    So wait you got kicked from the group after the War rolled need for an item you needed.

So at what point did you roll need on a STRENGTH Cloak which is no good for you..
    must have been before the War rolled need on your trinket.

imo "What goes around comes around"

i smell a troll
    Last edited by mmoc998414a0d7; 2011-05-26 at 08:50 AM. Reason: *spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Well, Agi being completely useless for Prot Warrs/Palas/DKs as of next patch.
    Str is still 1 AP per point for shamans and rogues. Its not ideal but it can be better than some low items.

One thing that pisses me off in random pugs for loot:

Im on a shaman, BoE world Epic Sword drops, Everyone rolls need to sell it on ah for 3000g.
    But shaman can't use swords, and the need button is gone!
    Along with disabliong need button for people who cant use the item they also made it so that item becomes soulbound after winning through need roll.

Also healer needing on dps items because his main spec is dps is fine if he says that earlier. As in:
    "hi, I joined as healer, but my main spec is dps so i will need dps cloth. Are you ok with that? No? Well, I'll look for another group, you look for another healer"
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted

I have a strong believe Blizzard will try to fix that in future patches.

First was the limitation to armor type. Now agility is becoming even more useless for tanks, just like strength is almost useless for rogues and druids...

Probably, in the future, we will have problems like this but just for Holy Priests rolling hit gear and Plate tanks rolling in dps gear or vice-versa. These are the roles you can't distinguish because if you didn't allow them to roll need how could you get an off-spec set? I play Fury Warrior and I have a full tanking set. I always ask if I can need if I the tank greed. If I couldn't need in that piece I couldn't get it.