Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

DK's self healing (and not as blood)

Heyo comrades ,

I would like to tell you a little story.

I just faced a mirror DK/Priest in 2s. Roughly 1800 mmr, their side was geared alot more than us.

Anywho, after about 7-8 minutes we managed to kill the priest after winning the mana burn war, whilst this dk was pounding 22ks into me, I felt that we had a victory.

So it came down to 2v1 - My partner's deathknight who is in full bloodthirsty gear, my priest that was just short of full bloodthirsty, and an advisory DK in full vicious.

Our victory wasn't assured, this DK wasn't going down with a fight, he managed to get me down several times to the lower 30ks, but my partner was still hammering him to justice.

That's when he started to use deathstrike, and oh my god, it was ridiculous.

The DK managed to heal through my partners burst like it was a gust of wind, and still had the capability to destroy me.

After about 15 minutes, the DK finally got me and then destroyed my partner.

It wasn't till after this traumatising event I actually got annoyed. Reading the end game results, the DK managed to double my healing, me doing 60 million, and him doing close to 120 million.

I know what you may be thinking "lol noob l2p fakecast herp". But I fakecasted every single mindfreeze - I always was able to cast. The fact was that the DK was able to pretty much solo us. Heck, the priest could've just sat back and carried on with his knitting.

Warriors, sure they have DMG, but they cant self heal as consistently.
    Paladins can word of glory, but every 20 seconds, im not bothered.

But that dk just ruined my soul, I am now always going to fear when i see a dk pop out those arena doors.

I hope you have enjoyed my tale.

TL;DR: DK dmg is livable, but it's healing aint.

/rant over.
    Last edited by mmoca7bdf7a1a9; 2011-05-26 at 06:59 PM.

So you have noticed that Glyph of Dark Succor means they can use Death Strike to heal themselves. The fact that this replaces them being able to do most of their damage, and Runes have a cooldown before recharging didn't seem to occur to you. Neither did kiting the Death Knight so he couldn't use Death Strike to heal at all.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like everyday there is another baddie in the arena complaining about DK self healing, ever heard of this thing called kiting? Its fairly easy to kill any DK with a small amout of kiting, dks probably have the least mobility of all classes, atleast in frost

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Runes have a cooldown before recharging didn't seem to occur to you. Neither did kiting the Death Knight so he couldn't use Death Strike to heal at all.
    Sure runes have to recharge. It didn't matter though, by the time my partner had finally started taking his health away, his runes would be back up to self heal.

And kiting wouldn't work at all, my DK had to be upclose to him to actually do dmg. Unless you wanted me to run around the entire arena casting smite then theres no other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Draphen View Post
    Sure runes have to recharge. It didn't matter though, by the time my partner had finally started taking his health away, his runes would be back up to self heal.

And kiting wouldn't work at all, my DK had to be upclose to him to actually do dmg. Unless you wanted me to run around the entire arena casting smite then theres no other way.
    You don't have any damage spells? Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague? If your Death Knight was kiting (as he should have been) he should be taking almost no damage and so you wouldn't be using that mana for healing.

Your Death Knight can't use Icy Touch?

Your Death Knight can't use Outbreak?

Your Death Strike didn't train Necrotic Strike?

If you refuse to adapt your tactics when the ones you are using are obviously not working, you deserve to lose.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-05-26 at 06:53 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasta Assassin View Post
    Seems like everyday there is another baddie in the arena complaining about DK self healing, ever heard of this thing called kiting? Its fairly easy to kill any DK with a small amout of kiting, dks probably have the least mobility of all classes, atleast in frost
    I'm not going to flame you, because this would be the exact response i would give. But seriously, you should've seen it, it was a beauty.

Deleted

And if he's using 2 'sets' of Runes he won't be doing that much DPS at all. Just an issue of you and your friend DK learning to kill them tbh.

Did you mean 60 million? Because 600 million is roughly 5 times greater than 120 million. So he could never had doubled your healing at 120million.

I would recommend you kite like a mofo from now on for those DK's. That's what seems to be succesful against them.

why didnt ur dk self heal then? blame him

I agree with the other posters. It is incredibly easy to kite a DK. Just because you (or your DK) stood there bashing away at him and letting him heal, I believe you deserved to lose. Learn to adapt.

But then again, I wasn't there, so I can't really comment with certainty.
    Last edited by hightides24; 2011-05-26 at 06:59 PM.

Deleted
    Apparantly I'm just terrible at the game so I will just forget I ever made this, thanks for the help.

Alright now you are just plain rude. My deathknight knew what he was doing, I don't know why you're defending this topic as so.

Of course I was bloody using my dots. I tried to use every single offensive spell I had on him, without making myself go oom.

My Dk was using all of those spells, what kind of player wouldn't use a dks main spells.

Yeah, we deserved to lose to 2 extremely geared people whilst we "kited" as I was oom. Honestly man, get some sense, I'm no extreme expert at arena but I know what I'm doing. Of course we tried to kite, it didn't work out, we tried so many different strategies.
    It only makes sence that they would try different things during this 15 mins that the opposing priest was dead..

Deleted
    well, soloing 2 HC bosses at the same time... thats my textbook definition of OP.
    that was blood DK though...

First off, make sure your partner DK is specced into chillblains, this slows, allowing you to kite. You say you were kiting, but if the DK is self healing himself, no, you are not. Get your partner to start learning to use necrotic strike against anything other than cloth or leather, and even then he should only use obliterate when going for pure burst.

If the DK is chasing after your partner, he can chains of ice, howling blast to keep him slowed, and pop anti magic shell to prevent himself from getting slowed. Again, you said you were kiting, but if you both lost to a single DK, you were not infact kiting. We are extremely easy to kite if done properly, and can only do so much to try and close the gap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexdominus View Post
    Did you mean 60 million? Because 600 million is roughly 5 times greater than 120 million. So he could never had doubled your healing at 120million.

I would recommend you kite like a mofo from now on for those DK's. That's what seems to be succesful against them.
    He did say 60 million.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Apparantly I'm just terrible at the game so I will just forget I ever made this, thanks for the help.
    Sorry, but in a 2v1 situation where you are fighting one class which has self-healing they can't spam due to the Rune cost, and one of your two members has a skill to absorb healing on the target, it seems very strange that they were still able to outheal the damage from both of you without effort just by pressing one attack. When kiting, they can't self-heal at all, unless they summon and then sacrifice their Ghoul which has a long cooldown, or Lichborn which you could then Shackle.

Deleted
    I'm not going to jump in on the "lol ur bad kite dk m8" wagon nor will I bash DKs, but;

a) It's all very pretty in theory but killing a DK as melee/healer without allowing him to heal (ergo kiting) is VERY hard if you're not great players yourselves and/or if the DK you're facing is even remotely good. FACT.

b) No matter what his gear was, if he was not blood your partner wasn't doing nearly as much damage as he should nor was he using necrotic as he ought to. FACT.

c) DK selfhealing is quite over the top, as is rogue's. FACT.

All of these are basicly irrefutable and telling this guy how to play his class or saying he's a retard for not kiting is useless and not productive at all. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you can't kill an unholy dk or a frost dk with an unholy or frost dk on your side, you're doing something wrong. 1v1 I can kill a DK, as a DK. I could also die fairly easy. Even just straight defensive, I'd die. I could maybe last like 2+ minutes, but I'd die.

The DK on your team is probably just terrible....bloodthirsty or not, wouldn't matter too much, unless he was like ilvl 346 weap and unenchanted/gemmed bloodthirsty with a few quest blues/crafted resil gear here and there.

Yeah, DKs heal a lot, but without it they're sitting ducks, and they're still sitting ducks with it! If I could use 1 rune on a 15 sec cd for a charge to a friend/hostile target in exchange for 50% healing nerf on Death Strike, I'd take it. Even removal of death strike... I'd take it. That's the difference between dks and warriors, mobility vs self healing at a huge loss to damage.

P.S. Frost damage with all cds up is a much bigger issue. AP goes from 12k to 24k with full buffs. Straight up +100%. Balanced, right? That's why you died.

Moderator, please close the 10th million thread on OP-ness of frost DK's and their healing. It's getting rediculous!! Ban everyone who starts one.

On topic, you just didn't know how to counter a DK. Nectrotic strikes and kiting are your friends. Use it in the future.

I don't understand this argument that DK self healing is fine because if you kite them they cannot heal as much. That's like saying pre-nerf Thorns was fine - just stop hitting the druid. Unholy DK's are not as simple to kite as some of you are pretending, first of all, and secondly not all classes do damage from range.

Melee DPS healing in general is absurd - DK, Rogue and Warrior are all ridiculous. There is no defense of the current state of things.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven