Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wink Minecraft patch 1.6

Thoughts, opinions!?

I've yet to play it however, I'm still excited at the changes.

I've always wanted shrubs in my desert.
    But it's awesome to have a functioning nether now! That will make multiplayer abit more fun for me and my friends !~

For all those interested:
    http://notch.tumblr.com/post/5861083...craft-beta-1-6

Enjoy!! Happy minecrafting!!!

P.s Terraria is also alot of fun!!!

I find Terraria alot more enjoyable tbh

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually having maps will be fantastic. Hoping they will work in multiplayer bugfree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    I play terraria for the pew pew and minecraft for the building aspect

Except when I play terraria, it's with friends who pew pew. I end up sending them off to get me items and I stay and just build stuff and chip in when they need help killing a boss or stuff ^_^.

Deleted
    Terraria is rather fun indeed, but after getting all the hellstone gear theres really not much to do anymore.
    Minecrafts building options >>> Terraria's building options by far.
    Also Nether!

I am also happy that they have fixed multiplayer sound issues (Our nightclub we built will now actually be able to function properly!!) :>

I'll be testing most of these out once my friends come online.

15+ Year Old Account
    you could argue that Terraria is a Side Scrolling Action RPG with Sandbox Aspects, whereas Minecraft is a sandbox game with no interesting end game elements
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Breaks minecart boosters, takes 90% of the fun out of the game. I'll stick with 1.2 still as it has the least glitchy multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    yay, we were here to talk about Minecraft but we're not!

I'm helping!

Being that I am the railway guy of our server I have already been happy with the game since 1.5 and the railway changes. 1.6 is all just icing on my already delicious cake.

Deleted
    /cheeeeeer for 1.6
    /sad for the multiplayer bugs
    /amazed because of the fast fixes... what are you thoughts?
    and /confused about people complaining that the BETA they are playing has bugs on day one of a big update... /rolleyes

Except that there's nothing to do at all once you've played it for a couple of days : /

+ Added Nether support to multiplayer
    Is this for real??

Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    Is this for real??
    Yuuuup

Just went in on my MP server. /excited

Now if you could only ride mine carts into and out of the nether portals, all my dreams would be answered!

10+ Year Old Account
    So no major content updates, just mainly bug fixes, damn, I wanted a reason to play some more MC. Ah well, back to Terraria for now ey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Vaii View Post
    Terraria is rather fun indeed, but after getting all the hellstone gear theres really not much to do anymore.
    Minecrafts building options >>> Terraria's building options by far.
    Also Nether!
    indeed, after flooding the underworld, killing all 3 bosses, getting all the weapons(in triplicate), maxing armor and stats, going though the dungeon, the underground jungle, and then after fighting the eater of worlds, skeletron and the eye of cthulu at the same time.
    I've down everything.

Why does every single thread about one game turn into an argument about another game being better? Why do people feel it necessary to try and convince other people that the game they play is cooler? This thread was about MC's new patch. Not about how Terraria is better.

Pretty tiring trying to read a forum when every topic devolves into an opinionated argument about two similar games.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Why does every single thread about one game turn into an argument about another game being better? Why do people feel it necessary to try and convince other people that the game they play is cooler? This thread was about MC's new patch. Not about how Terraria is better.

Pretty tiring trying to read a forum when every topic devolves into an opinionated argument about two similar games.
    But you must like my game better, I'm insecure myself so please give me a sign of approval that this game is fun!

The trap doors are awesome for making draw bridges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx9LELNsDXk