Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    id only love this if we all get a tiny fairy to follow us around and yell "hey, over here" <3
    this! a thousand times this!
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikiyodragon View Post
    However, I am also very hopeful they don't decide on Wind Waker graphics here, and something closer to Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask/Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword (to a lesser extent).
    Was it really just me who enjoyed WW's graphics? I thought they were awesome. Not to mention there is still alot of unused potential in this comic-like graphic.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Discipline priests we heard you like shields that heal, so we put shield in your shield so you can heal while you heal.
    For the first half of geological time our ancestors were bacteria. Most creatures still are bacteria, and each one of our trillions of cells is a colony of bacteria.
    Richard Dawkins

Knowing Nintendo they will probably have us running over rainbows and kissing kittens as quest objectives...I think ill pass

(Sorry just not a Nintendo fan,I hate how the majority of their games are aimed at 10 year old Justin Bieber fans)

But they have rupees which is Zelda gold! Unless you want everyone called Thief and sending friends to shops because they get one shot

Quote Originally Posted by HazardYo View Post
    Was it really just me who enjoyed WW's graphics? I thought they were awesome. Not to mention there is still alot of unused potential in this comic-like graphic.
    I like the graphics, I think they were a very new and fresh idea at the time. However, I just don't think they'd suit the MMO world, as they're maybe too bright and colourful. Maybe that's just me though.

I feel like a Zelda MMO would completely ruin the feel of a Zelda game. It just wouldn't be the same to me. That said, I would probably try it if it looks good, and hopefully they are able to pull it off. I just want to be able to play as a Goron!

Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    I feel like a Zelda MMO would completely ruin the feel of a Zelda game. It just wouldn't be the same to me. That said, I would probably try it if it looks good, and hopefully they are able to pull it off. I just want to be able to play as a Goron!
    HEY LISSEN!

...Gorons would be cool.

zelda MMO? probably Project Cafe only

Deleted
    Nintendo has made me happy with every game that I have bought from them. I doubt that this will be any different if it happens.

This would be so freakin cool, hanging in hyrule= orgrimmar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Brb, burying my childhood.

SERIOUSLY, though. I am all for experimenting with old franchises in an MMO-setting, but why Zelda? Why not Pokemon? Or the Mana-franchise? Or goddamn Lufia? WHY ZELDA? *sob*
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    Imagemacros are not allowed on here, but I felt a sudden urge to post one with the text "Not sure if want..."

That's basically all I have to say on this matter.

---------- Post added 2011-05-27 at 03:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HazardYo View Post
    I loved the Wind Waker graphics! Phantom Hourglass wasn't a bad game either. Spirit tracks disappointed me, but that's beside the point, nothing about the graphics.

Deleted
    Just wanted to mention that "Zelda Universe" got its entry in the ESRB in 2001 and only is about the website, for the ones speaking German, here's a link to the article, note the update at the bottom: http://www.giga.de/news/00152852-zel...t-auch-online/
    Last edited by mmoc6758ac0f09; 2011-05-27 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Ketchup View Post
    Nintendo has made me happy with every game that I have bought from them. I doubt that this will be any different if it happens.
    Metroid M would like to have a talk to you.

Zelda, like Portal, can only lose quality when you mix multiplayer into it. You don't get any time to figure out puzzles because your party already knows them and solves them in 2 minutes.

You've got 5 seconds to name a friendly Zelda faction/race that didn't need saving and could be a legit faction/race for the OP's game.
    Have a nice day.
    Oswald was over hit cap.

i'm gonna wait for more details before i get excited - i'd love a zelda mmo, or even just an mmo with windwaker style graphics

edit: i also wouldn't expect nintendo to try and pull off a serious mmo project with the zelda franchise if it was unworkable. i reckon someone has probably been thinking about this long and hard before it even made it into pre-production
    Last edited by smokii; 2011-05-27 at 02:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can see it now...

First time anyone raids the water temple they'll QQ and anytime someone has to fight shadow link they will rage quit before the first swing.

if we're lucky this will be just like Phantasy Star Online were its basically LoZ offline, but multiplayer online with a whole "universe" to explore... like PSO (sorta).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I really don't see how this will work out...
    I'm hoping for the best.
    Quite the same. It could either be amazing, or be horrible.

I'm not sure how they would do it, though. Hasn't it always been a "1 hero saves everyone!" type series? How are they going to change that to "A group of heroes!"?

Deleted
    i played every single zelda game that launched(i´m as big of a zelda nerd as it can get), even those shitty cdi ones ,but i won´t touch zelda mmo...

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    They should of made a pokemon MMO instead of Zelda since the Zelda universe is always different every game =/

How would it work? Easily enough.

Standard MMOs aren't a tremendous, tremendous leap from RPGs (hence MMORPG). The Zelda series has multiple races to choose from, so pick a race as standard. Customize the look of your toon, as standard. There could be different classes associated with it. The world contains magic and swordplay, things dealing with music, etc. Those could be modified and adapted as needed. Various types of gear upgrades can be added in and made available. The games have always included multiple side quests and mini-games that could be grown out to allow for a questing system.

They just need to modify things to allow a leveling system, make dungeons multi-player, blah blah blah. It's entirely possible.