Poll: HoN or LoL?

Thread: LoL or HoN?

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

LoL or HoN?

I know HoN community is bad, but i think its fun

I do not care about HoN costing money.

I do not care for leavers on HoN cause its just as bad as LoL. (except HoN got leaver protect option)

So like ingame what is best of HoN and LoL? I also think that LoL is more childish than HoN?

edit:
    this ain't fair cause LoL is free and so many votes for that cause they havent tried hon :| You should vote when you actually played both :s
    Last edited by Razstah; 2011-05-09 at 11:00 AM.
    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day...

Deleted
    I believe there are many other threads such as this one
    OT : Yes HoN all the way. Like you said, LoL just seems too childish

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    offtopic: Flame war incomming. I can smell it.
    OT: Explain what is so childish about LoL?

I play Lol but tryed Hon.. and tbh.. Lol's "childish" tag is unjustified. its like saying wow is childish to warhammer online.. its more style that is different that anything else... you get about 60% assholes in both games though... so whatever you float towards is best for you.. there is no right or wrong between the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilppari View Post
    offtopic: Flame war incomming. I can smell it.
    OT: Explain what is so childish about LoL?
    LoL is like a childrens cartoon
    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

asking this is just like asking "PS3 or x-brick"

Quote Originally Posted by Razstah View Post
    how so?
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL is so much more fun to me then HoN will ever be. Yes, I like how both LoL and WoW looks a little cartoon-ish. :3
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Judging book by its cover?

How childish of you.

That's a bad thing? Judging a game based on a 'cartoony' look is pretty bad. If you've spent even an hour playing TF2, you would realize it's one of the most balanced and well thought out shooters on the market, despite a 'cartoony' skin.

My vote is for League of legends, as I feel it has a much better community, and I feel it takes more teamwork to pull off a victory, as you don't have to worry about getting tower dived at level 2.
    ProTip: If someone offers you anything, look at their nipples. -Garots

I much prefer LoL over HoN, HoN is not a bad game, but I much prefer the cartoony style of LoL seeing as I really loved DoTA. Aswell as they removed all the annoying game mechanics from DoTA in LoL and made it focus more on ganking and killing eachother instead of focusing on denying XP through creeps. Still both are good games and they are just in the same genre, they aren't alike really.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Hon is more fast paced, and imo a harder game with denies and loss of gold on death.

While LoL is more of a layed back game that takes longer

I like both, i play both, i have spent money on both. But i would say i like LoL more, could be because i started with HoN and the change in heroes is nice, but i play HoN for rated games =p 1783psr and rising woot woot.

Deleted
    I don't necessarily care much for LoL, but HoN defaults any and all comparison on grounds of building its entire premise around angry young males.

Deleted
    Never actually played HoN, purely because its not free and I don't fancy paying for something else when I have a WoW subscription So yeah, LoL gets my vote

Honestly I play neither but live in a house with 5 other guys that play both HoN and LoL passionately. Yea LoL looks childish but I'm not going to be a hypocrite when I've had to defend WoW to so many people based on its "childlike" appearance then go and discriminate these two games in the same fashion. Yes I believe graphics carries a good chunk of weight, but any gamer should know gameplay trumps graphics everytime.

For example, I don't think people play mindcraft because its a visually stunning game.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is the point of making new threads about this when theres over 20 topics on this?
    Learn to search the forums.

Alot of noobs on this forum im not suprised the noobfriendly game got most votes ^_^

Dont vote if u havent tried both.

sure give your opinion, but dont vote.

Seems highly subjective to call something childish when there both basically ripping off the same game DoTA, which in turn ripped off an old SC1 map, all in all I vote LoL I got a rank team so I'm not worried about leavers it has a replay function now the matchmaking on HoN is just awful mind that LoLs un-ranked is just as bad but the rank matches are gems very nicely paired I've enjoyed my experience with LoL sometimes I laugh at how bad they steal each others champion ideas or how bad they rip off DoTA champs. Still moba games usually start flamewars in forums so this threat shouldn't last long.
    Last edited by Mimic; 2011-05-09 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffleman View Post
    My vote is for League of legends, as I feel it has a much better community, and I feel it takes more teamwork to pull off a victory, as you don't have to worry about getting tower dived at level 2.
    Katarina.

Shunpo kill.
    Shunpo away.
    Flash if you need too.

I do it all the time. And it feels GOOD.
    <3

how can a bad copy of a game that is a good copy of dota win?