Poll: When you think 'Paladin' what spec do you think of??

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question When you think 'Paladin' what spec do you think of?

what spec comes to mind when you think of paladins?

10+ Year Old Account
    Protection paladin of course.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Deleted
    Holy as we've nothing but a holy paladin in our guild :>

Holy? No. Priests are holy, Paladins hit things with hammers.

I always saw Paladins as retribution, more aggressive. But I can totally see why people say protection, the more stoic image of a Paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Retribution comes to mind then Prot then holy.
    Last edited by Chronalis; 2011-05-28 at 12:35 AM.

Deleted
    The draenei one from the TBC cinematic. So ret.

There was a series of threads that discussed this for each class a couple of weeks ago, I enjoyed them immensely!

OT: While my Paladin will forever and always be main spec: Protection, I cannot help but picture Retribution when I think of this class. I think this is because when I was introduced to Warcraft (in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos), Paladins were a hybrid of Ret/Holy. They carried around big two handed maces which they used to smite their enemies, but they also carried around spell books and chanted from them to heal/ress allies. So now, whenever I picture a Paladin in my head, I picture Uther or Arthas running around smashing skulls whilst mending wounds.

Edit: In fact, it is rather odd to me that people pick "Protection", I guess that is because until TBC (and really Wrath tbh), Protection Paladins were nothing but a novelty, you almost never saw them.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-05-27 at 07:29 PM.

holy, masters of the light.

and holy pals still drop tha hammers too
    Originally Posted by statlerthegreat
    I don't play a real world simulator. I play World of Warcraft. Where I am a Goblin, named after an explosive, that hurls balls of arcane "fuck you up" at internet dragons/ogres/whateverthehellmaloriakis.

Deleted
    tbh most bliz represented (if not all) are rets now that i think about it

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    There was a series of threads that discussed this for each class a couple of weeks ago, I enjoyed them immensely!

OT: While my Paladin will forever and always be main spec: Protection, I cannot help but picture Retribution when I think of this class. I think this is because when I was introduced to Warcraft (in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos), Paladins were a hybrid of Ret/Holy. They carried around big two handed maces which they used to smite their enemies, but they also carried around spell books and chanted from them to heal/ress allies. So now, whenever I picture a Paladin in my head, I picture Uther or Arthas running around smashing skulls whilst mending wounds.
    WTB 2 hand spell power maces U_U

id TOTALLY rock that as a holy pal.

I demand Hammer of Righteous Might 2.0

...but ya know give it some int at least lol.
    Last edited by Desminn; 2011-05-27 at 07:33 PM.
    Originally Posted by statlerthegreat
    I don't play a real world simulator. I play World of Warcraft. Where I am a Goblin, named after an explosive, that hurls balls of arcane "fuck you up" at internet dragons/ogres/whateverthehellmaloriakis.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I think of a Paladin, I think holy defenders of the light. Right off, youd think prot, but I always saw them as attacking based healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    I see a mix of Holy and Retribution. Noble Warriors known for their Holy zeal, willing to mete out retribution to those that would speak against the light.
    I think the same as this poster, but just a bit more inclined to Holy. Ironically the main spec of my pally (which is in turn, my main) is Protection

Deleted
    I play a paladin. Retribution mainly.

But when i think about "paladins" my vision is a fusion of all 3 specs. Paladins should not just focussed on "i swing my weapon and kill enemies" or "i heal you fellas" or just "let them hit me, so i can protect you all". No.

Just my 2cents

Overzealous murderers using their divine nature as an excuse to be assholes and cowards (bubble).
    Pretty much has Retri written all over it.

Do not take this personally, I just don't really like Paladins as a concept. :P
    Somehow I was ok with them in WC3, but then they couldn't self-heal and Uther was awesome.

Deleted
    The vanilla ones. All of 'em fuckers holy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy + Prot mixed together :3

Protection! Cause thats what I am, but when i think about "other" paladins, Holy, cause thats what my friend is :P

Sorrow is the price we pay for love. Love to Vervaine for the signature.

retridin..
    Last edited by Chronalis; 2011-05-28 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret is by far the most symoblic, so ret. Mine is holy/ret, mostly holy.