Deleted
    If i buy a new computer i will try this game out, that is 100% . :P

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple questions actually.
    But first off, as a long-time AoC subscriber I was hesitant at first to reenter the "good intentions, terrible follow-through" world of Funcom again. As fun as AoC was (after they fixed it all), it still suffered from major issues (Khitai grind anyone?). The concept around TSW intrigued me however and since i absolutely love the whole Cthulu mythos i bought it on a whim and now I'm addicted. The game far exceeds my wildest expectations, especially in terms of production quality such as dialogue, voice acting and sound design. But the questing is motivating, the story immersing and the skill system incredibly versatile and uninhibiting. If they can keep the content rolling, this will keep me occupied for quite some time.

But here's some of my burning questions:

- Why no fatalities like in AoC? They definitely had the technical ability to add that in, and would have made combat feel so much more engaging and immersing, it was one of AoC's strongest features. Currently the skill system is amazing, yet the combat feels a bit "floaty" and out of touch, which is a shame and is putting off a lot of the more "mainstream" consumers I'm sure - however, those would probably not stay for long due to the lack of instant gratification anyway.

- Any idea on when a trade system will be implemented? I feel it's the one major aspect missing currently to make the overall world feel more "alive" and make major cities feel more like hubs than starting points.

- Mounts man. Mounts. Harleys, Pee-wee bicycles, pogo-sticks. C'mon. Or at least a zombie with a piece-of-rotten-flesh-on-a-stick. Scratch harleys, gimme that.

- More custom options for character look/style, any idea? Currently everyone looks too similar.

On a final note, to anyone that is interested in a game that will challenge them, yet deliver on key aspects of the MMO genre such as skill system and dungeons, yet on an adult level and take you as a player seriously, give this an earnest try. This is really Funcom's redeeming piece of work so far and does everything right that AoC did not. If you're looking for DIFFERENT, not "more of the same but shinier", try it.

I gotta say, i didn't realize how awesome this game was untill i got to "The Vision" quest in kingsmouth. That was such a time consuming quest, the second and 5th clues were brutal lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
    agree 100%.
    I'm completely hooked since the Kingsmouth area, right now in Bluemountain and the game feels it's getting even more addictive and surprising as I progress with my skills and the story. Totally excited about this title and the missions. Already announced the July and August updates... this is Gaming heaven. Playing every evening with two friends and it's the most fun we ever had in an MMO.

At times I wish I had a Like button on MMOC.

I'm in Blue Mountains right now, So far I can't stop my self. I am looking forward to the Dream Dungeon.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 06:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    - Why no fatalities like in AoC? They definitely had the technical ability to add that in, and would have made combat feel so much more engaging and immersing, it was one of AoC's strongest features. Currently the skill system is amazing, yet the combat feels a bit "floaty" and out of touch, which is a shame and is putting off a lot of the more "mainstream" consumers I'm sure - however, those would probably not stay for long due to the lack of instant gratification anyway.
    I would like more of a finisher in Combat as well, but over all the combat feels nice.

Any idea on when a trade system will be implemented? I feel it's the one major aspect missing currently to make the overall world feel more "alive" and make major cities feel more like hubs than starting points.
    Not sure I think they are hinting before August but then they may wait because the don't want Gold Farming.

Mounts man. Mounts. Harleys, Pee-wee bicycles, pogo-sticks. C'mon. Or at least a zombie with a piece-of-rotten-flesh-on-a-stick. Scratch harleys, gimme that.
    Not sure it it would help or hinder the game, sure most MMOs have some kind of mount, but then Most MMOs have levels, Most MMOs compete with WOW, TSW is not even close to the same kine of game as WOW. Does Silent hill need a Mount, Resident Evil, or any other Horror fiction game? It might be a MMO but it is a Horror Fiction Game as well.

More custom options for character look/style, any idea? Currently everyone looks too similar.
    Yes, Yes, Yes.. Honestly I hate that BhuemKaBhuem looks like every other Female in the game.

On a final note, to anyone that is interested in a game that will challenge them, yet deliver on key aspects of the MMO genre such as skill system and dungeons, yet on an adult level and take you as a player seriously, give this an earnest try. This is really Funcom's redeeming piece of work so far and does everything right that AoC did not. If you're looking for DIFFERENT, not "more of the same but shinier", try it.
    "Like" for your last statement.

I would say mounts would be okay in Egypt and Transylvania, like maybe horses or camels or something. I don't like the WoW-style cast & poof mounting, and I don't think it would work in TSW.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Yeah, just pretend AoC never existed and that Funcom went from The Longest Journey/Dreamfall to The Secret World and they'd be among the top3 RPG developers out there.
    I'd say if you liked The Longest Journey, you'll probably like TSW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    I would say mounts would be okay in Egypt and Transylvania, like maybe horses or camels or something. I don't like the WoW-style cast & poof mounting, and I don't think it would work in TSW.
    It's totally not needed though since you have sprint upgrades, mounts would just be useless fluff, and if they're looking to add fluff there's like 50 better things they can spend resources on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree mounts aren't needed, but I would love them as a cosmetic addition to the game. Say for example it replaces your sprint animation with a new one. Meh, it's just a minor thing.

The combat system IS fun, yet it feels very rough and not very immersive. Like i said it's kind of "floaty", it doesn't really give u the feeling your weapon swings and casts really "connect". Even in WoW it's more satisfying to hear and "feel" your blade slice an opponent, say nothing of AoC where it's a ton of fun to cut people up.

On that note, i did love AoC. So much so that it depressed me they dropped the ball with so many aspects of it. They did improve it vastly, but i'm sad i will never get to see the end of Khitai now in a decent progression system. TSW shares a lot of aspects with AoC, they basically took the same rough UI design and used new skins, same chat, even same whisper sounds. If they gave TSW the AoC customization options for your appearance as well as smooth the combat out a bit i wouldn't hesitate to put this up among the best MMO releases ever. As it is, it's just "great" so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    At times I wish I had a Like button on MMOC.

I'm in Blue Mountains right now, So far I can't stop my self. I am looking forward to the Dream Dungeon.[COLOR="red"]
    thanks! Yes I love The Secret World. I think it's not for everyone, because it needs concentration, listening to cutscene Voiceovers, reading and comprehending texts and hints for puzzles and a lot of looking around and searching.

Most MMOs seem to be designed for people who want to play a game and watch American Idol at the same time.

TSW is not a mindless cookie cutter MMO and makes you think all the time, I really like that about this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
    thanks! Yes I love The Secret World. I think it's not for everyone, because it needs concentration, listening to cutscene Voiceovers, reading and comprehending texts and hints for puzzles and a lot of looking around and searching.

Most MMOs seem to be designed for people who want to play a game and watch American Idol at the same time.

TSW is not a mindless cookie cutter MMO and makes you think all the time, I really like that about this game.
    This, a thousand times this. I love the game, just cause the dev's put TONS of thought into their quests. sure, some are run to point a, kill creature, run to point b, kill creature. But some actually use Websites on the internet, the real internet, as in a website here in the real world, to solve a step of a quest. and this is just one of the early quests.

Deleted
    OK favourite comment from an NPC....

If you want to understand humanity. Just read the comment section on Youtube.

That's it I like this game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elfispresley View Post
    OK favourite comment from an NPC....

If you want to understand humanity. Just read the comment section on Youtube.

That's it I like this game
    yeah there are some great lines in that game. somehow the NPCs are all quite memorable.
    and I love the raging Sasquatch/Bigfoot Chieftain in Blue Mountain.. impressive beasts

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi MMO'ers! Just wanted to add I am loving the crap out of this game.

Me and my RL friend are playing on Daemon.... My name is "Mixed-with" if any of you want to say hi sometime or have a super awesome fun Cabal we can join.

I'm going to log on!

Deleted
    So is there like a trial or something somewhere?
    Read so many mixed opinions about the game and personally loving the whole Cthulhu-mythos, which seems to be prevalent in the game, would really like to try before splurging ~50$ for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laggerbob View Post
    So is there like a trial or something somewhere?
    Read so many mixed opinions about the game and personally loving the whole Cthulhu-mythos, which seems to be prevalent in the game, would really like to try before splurging ~50$ for it.
    Going to tell you right now, till you get out of kingsmouth you probably won't get a feel or like for the game and imo unless you play 24/7 a 24 hour friend invite (which is gone now btw) isn't enough.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

We're looking for a PVP columnist for CryGaia.com. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll forward it on to the editor.

Has anyone bought the soundtrack? I listened to it for free on rdio.com and I'm a little unsure of buying it or not.

That said... I bought the game, and have the audio files on my computer somewhere. Why should I have to pay again for the soundtrack? Seems like a bit of a .... scam. In all honesty, I'd download the torrent if I could, but apparently there isn't one.

Does anyone else have any moral/ethical issues in downloading/ripping the soundtrack for a game they paid full-price for (and a sub!)? Comments?

If the soundtrack is identical to what you hear in game then maybe. I am a bit annoyed that DD edition of GW2 does not include digital soundtrack to be honest.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Do you know of any good gameplay videos of the secret world?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timarock View Post
    Do you know of any good gameplay videos of the secret world?
    here you have some of mine atleast

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...eature=mh_lolz