Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    And you're right, neither would I be if it wasn't for the subscription fee. I don't really feel that desire to relax, explore everything, take it slow and absorb the game when I know I'm going to have to pay for it again in a couple weeks.

I may just be overthinking this. I do that.
    Yeah, but what I am thinking is 2 months and I will enjoy myself plenty for the price of 75$. Ofc if they want players to be subscribed after the leveling period they need to offer something worth subscribing ... but myself I don't need end game to enjoy a game. Was the same deal with TOR except the VO and questing was actually a bit annoying in that game. Not the main story, but the rest. TSW is better in this regard.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    bugged missions are kind of a crapshoot. One day they will be bugged and then the next day the work. For Gravity, you can still complete it even if you can't see it.
    ya, i kinda rage-clicked the puzzle several times until it worked ...
    but i get this age of conan flashback every time i encounter a bug in this game :/

time for some bugfixes and patching.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    ya, i kinda rage-clicked the puzzle several times until it worked ...
    but i get this age of conan flashback every time i encounter a bug in this game :/

time for some bugfixes and patching.
    Apparently the game is pretty light on the bugs >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Story and voice overs and environmental elements are great, but let's not forget that it's an MMO, and in this genre, a certain level of statistical progression, class balance and incentive for longevity are all essential.
    Ideally, yeah. Then again, we haven't seen an innovative MMO in years. Maybe it's not the devs but the genre which is lacking. Also, bear in mind that people are still playing Rift and SW:TOR and having fun, it's just a matter of perspective.

Also for the bolded part - I disagree. Blizzard pursued class balance for a very long period of time and while it's arguably much better right now they've wasted huge amount of resources trying to make another game tournament worthy when there was no need for it. Besides, look at the amount of class homogenization balancing brought. Funcom doesn't have that problem at all and unless everyone is playing one melee/healing spec for example, I doubt they have to worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    I got past the starting zone, but the game didn't really catch me & I logged off due to no interest.

Anybody else got this problem? The overall game just seems sluggish.
    Not liking something is not a problem. It's just your opinion and it's respectable. I, for one, do not like Minecraft or I absolutely hate Angry Durrs.

I'll probably say that unless you value lore/story/questing high above everything else you should first check the game closely via forums and videos or maybe ask for a friend invite.

well ... I've quested myself halfway through the savage coast now ... I couldn't start a quest chain because the "Something Wicked" Quest in Kingsmouth is bugged and this quest seems to be a prequisite, i couldn't finish some other quests (The Black House, cant pick up the urn AFTER solving the puzzle, Taking the Purple - final mob doesn't spawn, Gravity - can't see the circuit plan on the wall, Life Imitating Art - Resident Horror in tier 3 doens't spawn, and there was one "Collection" quest i couldn't finish but i don't remember why...)

One out of twenty quests is severely bugged to a grade you can't finish it ... does it get better in later zones ?
    Not saying you're wrong, but I've only had two bugged quests through all of the Solomon Islands. First was Men in Black vans and GM solved it for me and the second one was in the second zone and I just found someone to take me to a Dimension where it worked. Yeah some of those quests required longer than usual waiting or resetting or I just was just plain wrong assuming they were broken but in the end my patience and experience as a gamer kind of prevailed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Apparently the game is pretty light on the bugs >.>
    compared to ... ? I had to face more bugs in the first two zones then in the entire leveling process in swtor
    well, let me rephrase it:
    "compared to my former experiences in mmorpg launches, this game seems to contain an amount of bugs that i find unpleasant."

Quote Originally Posted by Pokot View Post
    Not saying you're wrong, but I've only had two bugged quests through all of the Solomon Islands. First was Men in Black vans and GM solved it for me and the second one was in the second zone and I just found someone to take me to a Dimension where it worked. Yeah some of those quests required longer than usual waiting or resetting or I just was just plain wrong assuming they were broken but in the end my patience and experience as a gamer kind of prevailed.
    That'll be another bugged quest on the list. And a game released in 2012 shouldn't let you wait 15 minutes for a questmob to respawn or to change instances or use other glitches to complete a quest. And I'm not starting to talk about resolution bugs, certain skills not working, character creation, dx11 issues ...
    I fully understand that a mmorpg is a huge project and that there will always be bugs at the release - but this has been (at least for me) the worst experience i had with mmo launches.

That'll be another bugged quest on the list. And a game released in 2012 shouldn't let you wait 15 minutes for a questmob to respawn or to change instances or use other glitches to complete a quest. And I'm not starting to talk about resolution bugs, certain skills not working, character creation, dx11 issues ...
    I fully understand that a mmorpg is a huge project and that there will always be bugs at the release - but this has been (at least for me) the worst experience i had with mmo launches.
    I concur, there are many things that need fixing in this game. However, I don't find those things to be groundbreaking and Kingsmouth was a rather smooth experience for me.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    So how did the release go? What are people saying about it? How many copies sold? And what are the reviewers saying?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

You haven't played many MMOs. And using TOR as an example for quest buggs ... It's easy for TOR to be bug free when there are 3 kind of quests. Kill, use and collect. TOR has one of the least varied quest pool I have experienced, it was one of the down sides of the game.

---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    So how did the release go? What are people saying about it? How many copies sold? And what are the reviewers saying?
    Go back a few pages and read.

Some quest bugs at an mmo release I can understand, especially for missions and quests as varied as TSW has. But certain bugs like the chat bug has to be fixed ASAP. What I found irritating was actually a GM response to a bugged mission I petitioned for. I couldn't get Something Wicked done due to it being bugged at the time but the problem is that you need it completed for a mission in the Savage Coast. I contacted a GM about it and his answer was basically you are shit out of luck. I've heard of other players having GM's actually finish their bugged quests for them so I'm not sure what mine was on about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    You haven't played many MMOs. And using TOR as an example for quest buggs ... It's easy for TOR to be bug free when there are 3 kind of quests. Kill, use and collect. TOR has one of the least varied quest pool I have experienced, it was one of the down sides of the game.[COLOR="red"]
    Well ... you're doing the same in TSW ... clicking stuff, collecting stuff, killing stuff, running from object to object ... the only difference is the story in the quest text, and the few "investigation" missions, which are basically quests without any markers on the map/minimap.
    TOR did the same thing ... but the quest stories were apparently worse
    I like TSW for the whole setting and storytelling, but the core-quest-mechanics are the same as in every other (past-wow)mmo.

and just for the record ... i've been playing mmos since Ultima Online in 1999. But we're no longer back in 2005 and Funcom has already released 2 major MMOs and I kind of expected them to handle this one better.

Some quest bugs at an mmo release I can understand, especially for missions and quests as varied as TSW has. But certain bugs like the chat bug has to be fixed ASAP. What I found irritating was actually a GM response to a bugged mission I petitioned for. I couldn't get Something Wicked done due to it being bugged at the time but the problem is that you need it completed for a mission in the Savage Coast. I contacted a GM about it and his answer was basically you are shit out of luck. I've heard of other players having GM's actually finish their bugged quests for them so I'm not sure what mine was on about.
    Well basically because it's not bugged.

Bullshit

raven doesn't fly off from the police car, at the destination point there are multiple ravens at each point that wouldn't fly off when activated, so you couldn't advance the mission. I did it before on several other characters. Don't tell me it wasn't bugged because it was

Deleted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAyvtv3OY9A

turn off the sound, his voice is annoying.

and just for the record ... i've been playing mmos since Ultima Online in 1999. But we're no longer back in 2005 and Funcom has already released 2 major MMOs and I kind of expected them to handle this one better.
    Have you played AoC ? They handled this one way better.

Bullshit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAyvtv3OY9A

turn off the sound, his voice is annoying.
    Let's look at it this way:

I completed the quest no problemo.

GM told me they could only advance you through the quest once per character so they only want to do that with the quests that are 100% bugged.

People are freaking out in General calling out quests they can't solve as bugged all the time.

Thus, the thing with quests is actually pretty confusing for both players and Funcom. The latter just do not want to pull the trigger on somethign they do not know for sure yet. It's been a week.

That's actually what I wanted to write in the previous post but I was too lazy after a slice of pizza. You know how hard it is to not be lazy after a slice of pizza?

I completed the mission on two other characters as well. So I know how it was supposed to be. The time I'm talking about it did bug out and the GM I talked to said it was bugged. I was just irritated by his attitude.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, was wondering if I could get some peoples opinions. So I've been playing a bit and I like chaos, blood and elementalism. But now I'm in a dilemma. I'm either going to go blood/chaos, or elemantalism/blood. My question to everyone here is, which of the 2 do you think is better for solo play, but does decent enough damage in group? I get the feeling blood/chaos has better survivability than ele/blood, but ele/blood would do more damage. I see that they're also both Dragon Deck's, but I wont be playing Dragon, Illuminati here! ;D But I can use the Dragon Decks as a sort of 'guide' to what spells and passives to be using.

I'm personally learning towards blood/chaos, but I'd like other opinions. I only tried out elementalism a tiny bit in beta, so don't really have much playtime with it.

edit: btw, the Illuminati Deck 'Necromancer' (Assault Rifles and Blood Magic) is pretty much a healing build, right?
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-07-08 at 08:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    edit: btw, the Illuminati Deck 'Necromancer' (Assault Rifles and Blood Magic) is pretty much a healing build, right?
    It is, yup.

Necro is a healing deck, but blood&rifle can work as damage I believe. If you look at Preacher, he is mostly blood with little blades mixed in. Replace the little of blades with rifles and you have dps necro. Definitelly viable to level up with, I am using it, and for dungs you can heal or dps. Will depend on what kind of gear do you collect.