Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Logitech MX 518 mouse

Hello guys, i just want to say how great the Logitech MX518 is. It is really bang for the buck as far as a gaming mouse goes. It was 25 euros, but you could probably get it cheaper.

The minute the package arrived i signed and was giddy with anticipation. Like it was Christmas i ripped open the box (well not ripped, more like carefully handling it). When i saw the protective air filled plastic bags i popped them like crazy and.....on to the mouse....
    When i first got it out of its box my dad was a little confused, as he thought there were dents in them:

But the funny thing is, it is actually painted on . I think they made that print just to confuse first time users.
    Anyways, i plugged the mouse in my keyboard USB slot (i have Logitech G15, 2 USB slots in it :P) and installed the software from the cd (wich took ages). Then i had to restart for the software to work, this is one of its downsides, the restarting. But oh well...
    I then put my hand on the mouse.....it was like my hand was resting on the head of a newborn puppy. My weary fingers resting on the comfortable design.

Now why the mouse is good for gaming: It has a 1600 DPI, 800 DPI and 600/400 DPI setting. I looked up what DPI is (Wikipedia is your friend)
    and it appears to indicate mouse speed. 1600 DPI: It was like a rocket flying trough my screen. 800 DPI: the trusted speed i always use.
    600/400 DPI: sloooooooooow. I disliked 1600 DPI the first time i moved the mouse, then i started liking it, and now im using 1600 DPI (only had it for 45 minutes now!). I think you can adjust DPI levels yourself too, but i am not completely sure about that. Adjusting DPI levels in-game can give you advantages, like in shooters. You would want slower moving for snipering. But for spraying you may want to up your DPI level.

Now for the 2 side buttons: Never again will i have to click on Previous or Next. I just press the little arrow buttons on the side of the mouse with my thumb. This alone was worth 25 euros. Second is the page/document flipping button behind the - button.
    It is godly, it has given me....new fapping possibilities.....

Also it is a pretty light mouse and the design is just awesome. It is an optical mouse, so no wireless hassle for you!

PS: It still has that new mouse smell. *sniff* Ahhh....
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2011-05-27 at 12:09 PM.

I'm using the MX518 since 5years or something, really solid.

The only bad thing i would have to say about it is that the plastic protective coating on the black parts is shedding its skin. It looks like my mouse has some kind of disease, or my hand got some really disgusting fungus or something.
    But a good mouse, does what its made for really good.

Mine has lasted 3 years now and it is awesome
    I have spilled water on it, I have dropped it multiple times, and I cannot see any icons on any buttons because I have used it so long, and it is still going :P

I had MX 518 for some years but it broke down so I had to buy a new one.

G700 is a mouse I will never replace. Probably...

15+ Year Old Account
    One of the best "not to advanced" gaming mouses there is, used it for a few years myself untill one of the buttons kept getting stuck.
    I swapped it out for the MMO gaming mouse... which is a mouse I can only advice against: Main buttons spread to far 2 of the 4 side buttons are impossible to use and it feel strange to hold.

To everyone who does not need the additional buttons the MX 518 is without a doubt the best mouse around.

Deleted
    whats the advantage of installing the cd that comes with it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    whats the advantage of installing the cd that comes with it?
    I think it lets you adjust the buttons for other uses. It is compatible with games.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used the MX500 for a couple of years, then changed to MX518 3 Years ago. Now I use a G700 for Gaming at home and I use the 518 at the office. Logitech ftw.
    And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
    On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
    And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
    And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
    And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted - nevermore!

I had mine for about 4 years before I upgraded to a naga. Solid entry gaming mouse.

Deleted
    Been using it for ~5-6 years, it's a really solid and great mouse. I love it but I am going to grab a Razer Naga in the near future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhöggr View Post
    I used the MX500 for a couple of years, then changed to MX518 3 Years ago. Now I use a G700 for Gaming at home and I use the 518 at the office. Logitech ftw.
    I now have everything from Logitech. My speakers, my mic, my keyboard and my mouse. Really really reliable and solid brand.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    My mouse has a DPI of 5600.
    But indeed this mouse is really cheap and good for its money

Bah, 1600 DPI? Real mean use 3700 DPI. Also not wanting to hijack this thread but does any of you know a good mouse mat, my old one is just ragged cloth =.=

Troll below me >.> Or just being sarcastic.
    Last edited by Poppasan; 2011-05-27 at 12:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    Bah, 1600 DPI? Real mean use 3700 DPI.
    Lol, im sure masculanity is measured by mouse speed. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    Bah, 1600 DPI? Real mean use 3700 DPI. Also not wanting to hijack this thread but does any of you know a good mouse mat, my old one is just ragged cloth =.=
    One word. Steelpad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ImYourDestiny View Post
    One word. Steelpad.
    Not sure but i think those are 2 words. :P

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Not sure but i think those are 2 words. :P
    Nope, it's just one word "Steelpad". I personally use Steel Series Steelpad SX for about... 5 years? Not a single scratch and if you take atleast a mediocre care of it it should last you a life time. And I use it daily, pretty hardcore. One of the best investments I made (atleast in my gaming life :] )

Deleted
    I made an account just to say how much I love this mouse. Bargain price, so reliable. I only use one of the additional buttons but its so perfectly placed. <3 MX518

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Great mouse indeed. I've used it for 6 years now and only recently had to replace my first one. It endured roughly 5 years of gaming and the occasional beating. I'd recommend it to anybody.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.