Deleted

The "Magic" Path in Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Okay i just completed the game going full "Swordsmanship" and some points in "Witcher" skill trees, and im pretty soon gonna play the game again, but i was thinking about going full "Magic" instead and then take the knife throwing talents + vigor regeneration in combat for getting a smooth regen on Vigor.
    However does "Magic" work on monster or is the "Silver Sword" the only way to deal with those creatures ? for example the Kayran and The Dragon are both monsters so it is just hopeless going down the "Magic" path or what? since what i can see the "Swordsmanship" path will be better.

For the record i did first playthrough on "Normal", and either gonna do that again or try taking difficulty on "Hard" if it does any difference.

Cheers!

Deleted
    in the witcher no matter what type of path you go for your signs are just a there to bolster your sword. if you go into magic you get better signs and can aoe-stun and whatnot, which is way better than anything the swordman-path offers.

you will still have to hack'n'slash stuff tho

you can't depend on one sole aspect of the game, especially as you increase the difficulty

so yes, you'll still have to use your silver sword but you use your sign abilities to help you defeat stuff (fully talented Quen sign is pretty op)

Just completed the game I personally went in Swordsmanship + Full Quen and by the end of the game I was pretty OP. How ever I am interested in trying out the Alchemy spec, going the Roach path this time lets hope its as good as Iorveth.

Amazing game all in all

What is the max level and how many talents do you get in the end?
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

10+ Year Old Account
    i went sword aswell i couldn't resist all the +vitality :s

Quote Originally Posted by Olgierd View Post
    What is the max level and how many talents do you get in the end?
    I reached to 33 by the end of the game

Deleted
    Personally I try to spend my talents in a way that they don't make the game easy mode (on hard mode). Or that I not only have to use my sword to slash through enemies.

Alchemy on Hard difficulty sounded pretty nice for this.