Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why doesnt blizzard open servers with previous expensions?

So I have been wondering this for quite some time and I hope that anyone could give me some feedback on this. I myself just started playing wow at the end of vanilla so I never had the chance to raid back then and I would love to try the vanilla content the way it was designed. So I was wondering why doesnt blizzard open up a server or two with only vanilla, tbc and wotlk? Im sure they even make money out of it because there are allot of ppl who enjoyed playing a certain expansion and quit (they could even ask additional fee's for the server costs and the stuff that still needs to happen even tho it already should be a finished expansion). And then we also have allot of ppl like me who didnt get to do a certain expansion because not many players of today started at the release.

Woudnt you like to do that one super awesome expansion again? Or try out that expansion that seems so awesome but you never got the chance to do it because you didnt play back then?

Please kindly remove the rose tinted goggles and get back to playing Cata.

They've said this before, so seriously please... STOP MAKING THESE THREADS

It would be vastly to expensive, and actually the majority of the player base don't care for going back long-term. You might get a lot of people go back for a month, then get bored of the same content, just like they do on current expansions.

Move on, please...

There has been plenty of feedback on the official forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Please kindly remove the rose tinted goggles and get back to playing Cata.
    This, more or less.
    Being nostalgic and stuff is nice and all but things have to evolve eventually. There probably wouldn't even be enough people to fill servers like this, not to mention they wouldn't change. At. All.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambal View Post
    So I have been wondering this for quite some time
    you obviously didn't search it.

This thread was made 1000 times before,just no

Ask for money for playing old servers? Great idea when it's so much crying just because of a optional service as the new cross server thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambal View Post
    So I have been wondering this for quite some time and I hope that anyone could give me some feedback on this. I myself just started playing wow at the end of vanilla so I never had the chance to raid back then and I would love to try the vanilla content the way it was designed. So I was wondering why doesnt blizzard open up a server or two with only vanilla, tbc and wotlk? Im sure they even make money out of it because there are allot of ppl who enjoyed playing a certain expansion and quit (they could even ask additional fee's for the server costs and the stuff that still needs to happen even tho it already should be a finished expansion). And then we also have allot of ppl like me who didnt get to do a certain expansion because not many players of today started at the release.

Woudnt you like to do that one super awesome expansion again? Or try out that expansion that seems so awesome but you never got the chance to do it because you didnt play back then?
    Blizzard would rather take the SOE approach to ending a game and just drive it into the ground while taking as much money from people as they can.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The past is gone OP, move on to the future because it isn't coming back unless you truly desire it. You can always play on a private server

I would love for them to make classic servers.

Then in a month when people were bored and they were barren wastelands, we could all say told ya so.

Not nearly as many people want a classic server as you think, and the ones that do wouldn't stay for long.

How many more times to you really want to suffer wiping on Twin Emps at 60? Or worse, how many times to you want to faceroll it at 60, because you have mastered it and there isn't anything better to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

What are you talking about, wiping to Twin Emps was fun.
    The part that wasn't fun was spending half an hour because no one had an SS up, riding all the way back through AQ.

3 points:
    *Rose tinted glasses are rose tinted. Please nerf.
    *They up-date the current client, not simply reprogram it. Yes they have some archived but nothing that far back. So they would have to devote even more development resources, which they are lacking lately, to redoing everything.
    *You would end up hating life. Do you even remember how broken things used to be? Perma-fear, perma-stun, omf-rofl-wings-of-doom, shamans being useless in Vanilla, no on seeing content.

We look back with fond memories because it either pop our mmo-cherry or because EVERYTHING was new to use. New content isn't bad, we are just old.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

What are you talking about, wiping to Twin Emps was fun.
    The part that wasn't fun was spending half an hour because no one had an SS up, riding all the way back through AQ.
    Wiping on Nef is just as fun, or not fun, depending on how you view it.
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

They want the game to move forward, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    Wiping on Nef is just as fun, or not fun, depending on how you view it.
    I actually think that the biggest difference between raiding now and back then, is how quickly we can get back and go for another attempt. I think that's half the reason why raid content seems "easier" these days, when mechanically, the fights are a lot harder than old bosses, especially on heroic, however we have that many more attempts at them, that even retards can pick up the fight mechanics.

Though I mean, the biggest QQ about Vanilla that I find hilarious has always been, C'thun wasn't killed before he was nerfed.
    Read: People who never played Vanilla.
    What I think they mean to say is, C'thun was fixed, so he could be killed.

You just asked for a game that literally will have zero patches, zero upgrades, and zero new stuff. Many things have been improved.

I am now going to hit myself with a 1018 page text (plus hardcover front and back) because it is less painful than reading this thread AGAIN.

I agree that some of the convenience is actually making the game worse. Imagine the frustration of 2 guys who die with their bodies in a place that cannot be rez'd because of mobs (and they are the tank+healer) and don't release because they don't know the way back and accidentally wander into BRD.

However, the game does have major, much needed improvements since back in the day.

I actually think that the biggest difference between raiding now and back then, is how quickly we can get back and go for another attempt. I think that's half the reason why raid content seems "easier" these days, when mechanically, the fights are a lot harder than old bosses, especially on heroic, however we have that many more attempts at them, that even retards can pick up the fight mechanics.

Though I mean, the biggest QQ about Vanilla that I find hilarious has always been, C'thun wasn't killed before he was nerfed.
    Read: People who never played Vanilla.
    What I think they mean to say is, C'thun was fixed, so he could be killed.
    You can't nerf skill, either.

Yes, 6 years ago when we were all still learning, WoW was hard. Now we have 6 years of experience. Of course it feels easier. There is little doubt the mechanics are more complex now, they just feel easier because we are veterans now, instead of newbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been addressed so many times, here and official forums... please stop making these threads they are so old.

If you have to know, its because they put resources into new content, if they were doing old content they would have to put some resources back into that. Its just not profitable, why is it so hard for people to understand.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't want to do vanilla, TBC or WOTLK over again at all, the nostalgia and memories of this good things is enough for me, I dont want to go back and remember all the horribly things about vanilla, TBC and WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    Blizzard would rather take the SOE approach to ending a game and just drive it into the ground while taking as much money from people as they can.
    If you're referring to what SOE did with SWG then that's hardly the case here. Blizzard would have to provide people with level capped and legendary geared characters at the start screen in order to be equivalent to the monstrosity that SOE created when they 'revised' SWG.