Poll: Good or Bad?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blue on Disenchanting in Dungeons

(Source: Original Blue)
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    What if disenchanting was always an option when rolling on items in dungeons, regardless of people's professions?
    Hold on a second right there mate, are you saying you are considering to enable DE for everyone even when there is no enchanter availeble in the group??

I really don't know what to think of this..

Good ... or ... Bad?
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2011-06-06 at 10:34 PM.

Umm.... short answer? Nooooo

Long answer:
    -What would disenchant the stuff? a magical fairy?
    -Same treatment to all professions, please: all the leather appears magically in your bags. Stupid idea.
    -I hate low level enchanting materials. Did anyone ever try to sell radiant shards and the stuff? Impossible.

On higher levels, selling dungeon blues can be worth more then selling shards. especially in low cata and end-wotlk levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it's good, I mean, does anyone ever say "Need enchanter for group" I've never seen it, it's just a nice thing if you get it. But if everyone has it? Cool, people vendor the drops usually anyway. *Warning, I am NOT an enchanter.*
    Sig by Soko, keep being amazing!

Deleted
    *Shrugs* its an option. if you dont want a bag of dust of a few pointy shards you can keep the nice shiny twohanded axe instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Umm.... short answer? Nooooo

Long answer:
    -What would disenchant the stuff? a magical fairy?
    -Same treatment to all professions, please: all the leather appears magically in your bags. Stupid idea.
    -I hate low level enchanting materials. Did anyone ever try to sell radiant shards and the stuff? Impossible.

On higher levels, selling dungeon blues can be worth more then selling shards. especially in low cata and end-wotlk levels.

You make a good point with the first two, but as an option. If you don't want to, you don't have to. So the part about it being annoying and that the DE mats suck isn't really, in my opinion, a basis for the argument.
    Sig by Soko, keep being amazing!

I think you misunderstood him. He's not saying that they are considering not requiring an enchanter in the group, rather he is saying just deal with the fact that everyone gets in on the disenchant rule.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    I think you misunderstood him. He's not saying that they are considering not requiring an enchanter in the group, rather he is saying just deal with the fact that everyone gets in on the disenchant rule.
    Its not clear, i am not claiming it is how i think it is. But it seems very likely in my eyes that thats exactly what he means.

As an Enchanter I wouldn't be upset with this change.

And since it would no longer use people's disenchanting skill in dungeons the QQ from the Enchanters that were upset about being forced to use their disenchant skill would stop unless they were lying about their reason for QQing! :P
    Last edited by Ineras; 2011-06-06 at 10:40 PM.

I figure why not. Im a disenchanter on 2 of my 5 85s. I honestly have never felt resentment for anybody being able to get the disenchanting materials. As a disenchanter I always roll greed on items, i have a chance of getting more materials then anybody else. If they want to make it so everyone can ALWAYS roll d/e, I am 100% ok with that. Everybody needs the materials so why not make them more readily available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    As an Enchanter I wouldn't be upset with this change.
    Im kind of still realising how this would change the market.
    It has both pros and cons. But so far, the pros outweight the cons in my eyes.

But thats also why i created this thread, want to hear more from others.

Do not start a flame war in this thread btw. Thank you.

It would fix the problems with my guild ZA/ZG groups that never have an enchanter. (on the occasion we do, we get a mountain of maelstroms.) but what about the mining/herbing nodes in the dungeons? Can I haz them too?
    I've never seen the point of enchanters getting mad about others D/E'ing and them not getting anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SegenThePally View Post
    but what about the mining/herbing nodes in the dungeons? Can I haz them too?
    I would say yes if mining was tied into another profession like blacksmithing, but since it is a profession on it's own, no.

Deleted
    I honestly can't see why it's even a matter to make a thread about?

You still got the ring enchants as an enchanter and people on your server will still need your enchants.. I can't see how it matters if theres an enchanter in the group or not to DE the shit.. I'd rather have it so I can get some enchanting mats when running Heroics with alts =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucie View Post
    I honestly can't see why it's even a matter to make a thread about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    But thats also why i created this thread, want to hear more from others.
    That's why.

To me this is no different then just letting everyone loot skins off of dead beasts in a 5 man also, I help'd kill it why cant I have its fur too? Will I be able to mine bosses/mobs that miners can take a pick axe too?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    To me this is no different then just letting everyone loot skins off of dead beasts in a 5 man also, I help'd kill it why cant I have its fur too? Will I be able to mine bosses/mobs that miners can take a pick axe too?
    I would say because Skinning and Mining are their own professions while disenchanting is not a profession. It comes as a bonus with Enchanting to which I am glad I did not have to take Enchanting AND Disenchanting as two separate professions.

It annoys me how everyone not noticing the real fact about this, not only enchanting the hardest of the professions to level up and on top of that requires enchanting mats to buy new enchants and to get that have to rely on rng for a random green drop which doesn't happen as often as it used to do, which unless other professions you can run around like headless chickens looking for mine/herb nodes you have to go in a dungeon to farm for a chance for it to drop and when it does you have to roll against 4 other idiots

I can understand why blizz would put the disenchant roll in but it's not having the effect that it should have, instead you got everyone selling enchanting items for a stupid high price, mixed with blizz new AH feature of putting multible stacks on AH easier you got pages of idiots spamming AH with 1 stack of dust and essence's with the prices as if before there were disenchanting rolls inplemented

If us enchanters get the items the winner of the enchant roll get aswell (and double if the enchanter won the roll) it will lessen the QQ and make our lives easier

*on a side note on stuff like herbs/ore/leather/enchanting mats etc need a min of a stack of 5 before they put on the AH to lessen the spam of idiots putting pages and pages of stack of 1 of things making more work for when i want alot of full stacks of items*
    Last edited by Prossy; 2011-06-06 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prossy View Post
    It annoys me how everyone not noticing the real fact about this, not only enchanting the hardest of the professions to level up and on top of that requires enchanting mats to buy new enchants and to get that have to rely on rng for a random green drop which doesn't happen as often as it used to do, which unless other professions you can run around like headless chickens looking for mine/herb nodes you have to go in a dungeon to farm for a chance for it to drop and when it does you have to roll against 4 other idiots
    But in order for say, a Blacksmith to be able to get ore from mining nodes, they would need to take up a second profession in order to do that while we Enchanters just have to have the one profession in order to turn that green drop we got into our materials to make an Enchant.

This would increase the supply of enchanting mats...lowering prices for enchants...happy days for everyone EXCEPT enchanters.
    Ilam - <Gardian> | Wiping with Benefits - Frostmourne US - armory

Quote Originally Posted by Prossy View Post

I can understand why blizz would put the disenchant roll in but it's not having the effect that it should have, instead you got everyone selling enchanting items for a stupid high price, mixed with blizz new AH feature of putting multible stacks on AH easier you got pages of idiots spamming AH with 1 stack of dust and essence's with the prices as if before there were disenchanting rolls inplemented

If us enchanters get the items the winner of the enchant roll get aswell (and double if the enchanter won the roll) it will lessen the QQ and make our lives easier

*on a side note on stuff like herbs/ore/leather/enchanting mats etc need a min of a stack of 5 before they put on the AH to lessen the spam of idiots putting pages and pages of stack of 1 of things making more work for when i want alot of full stacks of items*
    Enchanting is not hard to level and it's certainly not alone in having to buy recipes of vendors for crafting mats. Blacksmithing, Tailoring and Leatherworking also have to buy the better recipes with crafting mats. Except they can't provide their own mats unless they take up a SECOND profession or they buy them of the AH.

Greens drop plenty while doing dailies, doing dungeons and levelling other characters. You also have the option to finish all quests in appropriate zones and get mats that way. Everytime you upgrade a piece of gear, you get free mats (excluding any rep items).
    While it's true that you can't go around gathering mats like a Skinner, Miner or Herbalist can, those professions can only sell the mats or use them with a SECOND profession. I certainly wouldn't mind if they implemented a new kind of enchanting node for enchanters though. Even if it's only to provide enchanters with a way to reliably farm mats without having to buy anything.

Before the DE feature you also had to roll against 4 other "idiots" for green drops. The BoP boss drops were usually disenchanted at the end of a run and then rolled for. But you can't trade items across realms when in the dungeon finder, so they implemented the DE feature. The greens would be sent to an alt with enchanting, a friend with enchanting or ended up on the AH. Enchanters used to be able to make gold by buying those greens from the AH (or ask around in trade) and DEing them and selling the mats for a profit. But mat prices have dropped a bit, so it's not very profitable. That's a good thing though and it's similar to how Jewelcrafting won't be able to print cash by prospecting ore when the next patch hits. A crafting profession should make it's cash by actual crafting.
    I know a lot of scrolls sell below mat costs, but that's a problem created by enchanters that want to level their profession up with the least amount of materials. And it's a problem that's seen in every crafting profession, the stuff that's frequently used to level the profession up sells below mat costs most of the time. The most material efficient way to increase Blacksmithing, Tailoring and Leatherworking to 525, is to make the crafted PvP gear. I've leveled Blacksmithing and Leatherworking to 525 and haven't been able to sell any of the crafted stuff. I relisted them and undercut competition four times before cutting my losses and sending them to my enchanter for DEing. Don't even get me started on Engineering, which doesn't sell anything at all that's needed frequently.

People selling items in stacks of one aren't caused by the DE feature, but by the AH feature that lets you specify how many stacks you want and how big you want to have the stacks. I'm definately in favor of not allowing (or at least limiting) someone to put up hundreds of single auctions. Having to go through several tabs of single items is very annoying, the only thing more annoying is having to buy those single auctions.
    A minimum stack isn't a good solution though. A better one would be if people simply stated their starting bid and buyout price and amount of items when putting up auctions. A buyer would then only see the starting bid/buyout bid along with a number indicating the amount of items that are available for that price. I don't think it would work out too well with starting bids though, but that concept is kinda pointless for crafting materials anyway.