Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    honestly, tell him to go fly.
    In this weeks omno hc fight I avg'd 8k hps :/
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sczqkhpwr2vju2ys/sum/healingDone/?s=1857&e=2278

And I am in 366 healing gear.

If you are assigned a tank to heal, you need to make sure to keep him up. Use AM when best suited and pop cd's a lil better. But overall hps means jack these days. For all you know, the druid is sniping heals to make up the hps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    Thanks for all the advice guys I've taken it on board FYI I'm not last in meters I'm second behind the Druid, the one coming last is the resto shaman... yes the Druid always has more % than me in the meters too but his overhealing is awful. The fights I really shine in is 2 healing cho and definitely on Nef when the Druid cannot heal my tank at all...
    What you just said right there is what everyone should have told you from page 1, that's exactly what meters should look like if all the healers are playing their classes right. Here's a link of the standings for all healers on HPS based off many WoL parses averaged out. This does not mean any class is OP, different classes have different strengths and niches and they manifest differently on meters. And those meters DO MATTER, they are a useful tool to gage certain situations, but that tool needs to be used intelligently.

For the record, we've done heroic Nef with 2 Druids + Sham, 2D + Priest and D+S+P. Didn't have a pally for any of them, so if your awesome GM can't keep a tank up he sucks. I wish you could post an armory or parse so I can show you all the ways that he's being bad.

PS: Shammy makes a better healer for the add tank on Nef Phase 3 imo. Some people will disagree, if I did have a pally in my raid I'd assign them to the Nef tank though with beacon on the kiter.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2011-06-03 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    Indeed Druids seem to me like they manage to do more HPS with less effort than other healing classes. I've rarely seen any other healing class beat druids in HPS. It's just so much instant cast etc, they have no weaknesses in healing.

Now i have this druid healer in my group who really cares about the meters aswell. He pops Tree-form in the start to have it 2 times in the fight, isn't that to be caring for HPS a little too much?

The only fights i have been on top over a Druid as far as i can remember is Chimaeron, Lich King and Valithira Dreamwalker encounter.

Simply, ignore him until he accually has healed on something else than Druid. My Shaman has Range-limits, no out-put cooldowns, limited movement and no Rofl-Tranquility. He would fail hard if he ever tried.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Indeed Druids seem to me like they manage to do more HPS with less effort than other healing classes. I've rarely seen any other healing class beat druids in HPS. It's just so much instant cast etc, they have no weaknesses in healing.

Now i have this druid healer in my group who really cares about the meters aswell. He pops Tree-form in the start to have it 2 times in the fight, isn't that to be caring for HPS a little too much?

The only fights i have been on top over a Druid as far as i can remember is Chimaeron, Lich King and Valithira Dreamwalker encounter.

Simply, ignore him until he accually has healed on something else than Druid. My Shaman has Range-limits, no out-put cooldowns, limited movement and no Rofl-Tranquility. He would fail hard if he ever tried.
    That's complete nonsense as well. It's stupid to suggest that other classes should put out as much or more HPS as a druid blanket raid healing, it's also stupid to suggest that druids are somehow easier to play or that a good druid won't be good on any other class. Everyone needs to get over themselves and stop debating about how their class is the hardest and the other person's grass is always greener.

Yes a druid will be higher on HPS than a shaman. Yes poping Tranq "just for HPS" is retarded. Yes both druids and shammies and pallies and priests are all different and useful in their own ways. No Druids are not a faceroll class that somehow gets to cheat their way to an easier job than any other healer, stop spreading misinformation.

Every healer has a different play style not to mention you both are complete different classes. Sounds like he's a bit arrogant. Anyways to help make your character a bit better here are a few suggestions.

Spec: I would go with the 31/3/7 spec. It can also be found at the Holy Paladin compendium at Elitist Jerks website. Pretty much the changes are removing the one point from Blessed Life and Last word in the Holy tree and removing the 2 points from Eternal Glory in the Protection tree. Place these points into Improved Judgments and Pursuit of Justice in the Retribution tree. Reasoning behind this is better judgment flexibility. Also WoG and the ICD on EG is pretty shit. LoD trumps WoG.

Glyphs: Get rid of the Word of Glory Prime glyph and replace it with Divine Favor. Get rid of your Lay on Hands and Divinity glyph and replace them with Divine Protection and Light of Dawn. LoD glyph is almost a 16% throughput increase for LoD. LoH shouldn't be relied on as a mana cooldown but used as a tank cooldown. Glyph of DP will serve you better with survivability especially with hard modes.

Enchants: Get 50 haste to boots and 50 int to bracers.

If you're not going for 4 piece then I'd recommend trying to break the 1859 haste cap for that 14th tick of Holy Radiance, if you are going for 4 piece than reaching that plateau isn't plausible unless in heroic BiS gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Laere View Post
    Every healer has a different play style not to mention you both are complete different classes. Sounds like he's a bit arrogant. Anyways to help make your character a bit better here are a few suggestions.

Spec: I would go with the 31/3/7 spec. It can also be found at the Holy Paladin compendium at Elitist Jerks website. Pretty much the changes are removing the one point from Blessed Life and Last word in the Holy tree and removing the 2 points from Eternal Glory in the Protection tree. Place these points into Improved Judgments and Pursuit of Justice in the Retribution tree. Reasoning behind this is better judgment flexibility. Also WoG and the ICD on EG is pretty shit. LoD trumps WoG.

Glyphs: Get rid of the Word of Glory Prime glyph and replace it with Divine Favor. Get rid of your Lay on Hands and Divinity glyph and replace them with Divine Protection and Light of Dawn. LoD glyph is almost a 16% throughput increase for LoD. LoH shouldn't be relied on as a mana cooldown but used as a tank cooldown. Glyph of DP will serve you better with survivability especially with hard modes.

Enchants: Get 50 haste to boots and 50 int to bracers.

If you're not going for 4 piece then I'd recommend trying to break the 1859 haste cap for that 14th tick of Holy Radiance, if you are going for 4 piece than reaching that plateau isn't plausible unless in heroic BiS gear.
    You do realize he raids 10mans right?, LoD does not trump WoG in 10mans especially normal modes, also in herioc modes they are almost even depending on the fight so Glyphing LoD is really preference.

Come join our guild. I want a hpally that has more of a clue on how to play their class than the one we currently have who I want to throttle anytime she speaks.

Plus your hair is just too fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    Oh I should add the raid leader isn't a pally, never played a pally and has no idea how to heal as a H pally.... You are spot on 100% correct. The GM considers himself "best druid on server" we used to have a Disc priest in our guild who would pull 9k HPS (not incl her absorbs) and he said she was a garbage healer...
    oh hey hold on there a moment. Tell him that there is no way you can catch up with a druids HPS. It is just not possible. They don't have paladins or priests wide selection of cooldowns. And we don't have their crazy HPS. You gmaster needs to learn more about how other healers work. I use the following combination for my raids; resto druid, holy/disc priest (me), holy paladin. The pally is almost always 3rd with lower HPS. But that means nothing. Spot healing is what matters not cracking up the Healing meters.

If you're using all you regen CDs right(judge,melee,dp,etc) right, get rid of Mandala trinket. A Darkmoon card or another int trinket will be a lot better HPS wise. Also if you can drop mining for Alchemy. Doing this will increase stats from flasks and also give you a very nice trinket in the Alchemy Stone. The trinket provides 351 int,194 haste, and a 40% increase on mana potions(potion of concentration oh my ). You'll probably replace the trinket in 4.2 but it's still not a bad trinket. If at all possible try to have 2 int trinkets.