I took camping outside even though I won't
    I already bought the game through steam a month or two back so I'm just waiting to be able to download it.

So, people that have played Oblivion/Morrowind, as someone who has never played these before, do you have any tips and tricks to share as far as gameplay? In a huge, open world like these, how do you know where to start?! Are the controls something I just have to get used to or are they like most other games? I was given Skyrim by an awesome WoW friend and I'm eagerly awaiting to lose myself in this world for a few days come 11/11/11!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acideyeliner View Post
    So, people that have played Oblivion/Morrowind, as someone who has never played these before, do you have any tips and tricks to share as far as gameplay? In a huge, open world like these, how do you know where to start?! Are the controls something I just have to get used to or are they like most other games? I was given Skyrim by an awesome WoW friend and I'm eagerly awaiting to lose myself in this world for a few days come 11/11/11!
    You can either attempt to follow the main quest, or just wander about being an adventurer. Personally I do a mix of both, I start the main quest until I feel the itch to explore and then see where that takes me for a while, and if eventually other quests bring me back to the main quest road, then I'll start again. Really the elder Scrolls games are great for sandboxing.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Acideyeliner View Post
    Very short setting description for Morrowind:
    You are a foreigner, and prisoner that's being released into a country you don't know (a colony of a big empire).
    There's slavery, social inequality, and inter-factional frictions between Imperial and local organizations. Choose whatever you like, or even competing factions (if you are smart to avoid trouble). During the main quest, if you choose to do it, as a side effect you become very respected even as a foreigner (which is not common).

In Oblivion you are a local prisoner, and as soon as you escape the prison, you blend right into the multicultural society where everybody is more or less equal. There are no wars between different guilds you can join, and much more NPCs who aren't hostile/indifferent/skeptical to the player character. Takes the spice out of the game, imo.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/45064085/ns/t*echnology_and_science-space/t/*all-eyes-are-huge-asteroid-buz*zing-earth-nov/

This space rock is asteroid 2005 YU55, a veritable mini-world roughly 400 meters wide — nearly four football fields across — that will zoom by Earth inside the orbit of the moon.
    At its closest approach, the asteroid will pass within 325,000 kilometers of Earth at 18:28 EDT on Nov. 8, 2011

-It hits the Earth
    -Kills everyone few days before Skyrim release

wat do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/45064085/ns/t*echnology_and_science-space/t/*all-eyes-are-huge-asteroid-buz*zing-earth-nov/

This space rock is asteroid 2005 YU55, a veritable mini-world roughly 400 meters wide — nearly four football fields across — that will zoom by Earth inside the orbit of the moon.
    At its closest approach, the asteroid will pass within 325,000 kilometers of Earth at 18:28 EDT on Nov. 8, 2011

-It hits the Earth

wat do?
    I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure you don't have a say in the matter if you're dead and especially not if everyone else is dead too. :P

man cant wait for this to hit now more afking in SW!!!

Fairly sure 400 meters wide isent enough to be a global killer. So aslong as it hits America or China I dont care

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post

-It hits the Earth

wat do?
    Ugh. If this hits near DC and kills me, I'll be pissed beyond belief. Every day seems like a week at this point. I've watched every video 100 times or more and sing the "HOLY SHIT, WHAT IS THIS? FORGED IN GOD'S VERY FLAME!" song over and over throughout the day. Last thing I need is to die before this comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aman08 View Post
    Ugh. If this hits near DC and kills me, I'll be pissed beyond belief. Every day seems like a week at this point. I've watched every video 100 times or more and sing the "HOLY SHIT, WHAT IS THIS? FORGED IN GOD'S VERY FLAME!" song over and over throughout the day. Last thing I need is to die before this comes out.
    But how many times have you watched this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PKpXHQvmTs

two weeks left, damn I'm looking forward to this

Deleted
    I pre-ordered Skyrim a few days ago and I can't wait, lol. Funny thing is that I only just tried Oblivion after my boyfriend had linked me a "trailer" for Skyrim, and he urged me to get it. ;>

---------- Post added 2011-10-29 at 06:38 PM ----------

Btw, does anyone know if dual-wielding swords is going to be powerful (ofc it will, but you know)? Can we expect a playstyle similar to Fury Warriors without the moves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    But how many times have you watched this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PKpXHQvmTs
    I will now watch this until I have it fully memorized. I have 11 days to learn this song in every language possible.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Vixen- View Post
    I pre-ordered Skyrim a few days ago and I can't wait, lol. Funny thing is that I only just tried Oblivion after my boyfriend had linked me a "trailer" for Skyrim, and he urged me to get it. ;>

---------- Post added 2011-10-29 at 06:38 PM ----------

Btw, does anyone know if dual-wielding swords is going to be powerful (ofc it will, but you know)? Can we expect a playstyle similar to Fury Warriors without the moves?
    Unfortunately there is little information about balance with the weapon system, Its hard to judge based on the footage but I think it will work quite well. It looks to be defensively lacking (intended and important) but quick damage. Slash away sister ill just be in the back shooting fireballs yell when the skeletons are all dead, thanks.

Deleted
    Where is the "waiting for a scene release" option?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty excited for this release...unfortunately the PC release of Arkham City was pushed back to a few days after Skyrim...so most likely I won't get it for a week or two so I have time to fully enjoy Arkham City before getting sucked back into Elder Scrolls.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    This might be a stupid question, but will Skyrim have any cinematic cutscenes, or is all the plot advancement (meaning the main plot) done via dialogue and just "playing through" the events?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont take this as fact, but they dont often use cutscenes, if they do its an opening to the game to set up the world and your characters situation or to finish the main quest line. My thoughts on cutscenes are why use them if its playable?

I've got this on pre-order at Gamestop. I'm really looking forward to this. I was in LOVE with Oblivion and nearly had all the achievements for it. Now I own a PS3 and plan on this being my first Platinum trophy