K I'm one shotting giants now :/ 100 Enchanting = E Z mode.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Everytime someone says something negative about Skyrim - I just think of how that certain thing was in Oblivion.
    For instance:
    - Spells.
    - SneakArcher.
    - The amount of voice actors.
    Etc.
    Dungeon design! *violent shudder*

Oblivion dungeons were beyond generic and most of them served no purpose. You had: caves, fortresses, alyeid ruins, and mines. The ruins were a little different, but everything else was just a bunch of dark corridors. Whereas every Skyrim dungeon is really REALLY unique. I'm constantly blown away by what a huge improvement that area has seen.

Somebody have a trick to powerlevel destruction a little bit? Currently I'm level 45 but I need to get to 70. I play mostly as a battle mage with a spell in my left hand and a one hand sword, but the problem is the I often cast one or two fireballs, after i flame them with my shout and finally I cut their head with my sword. It's too slow this way, I need to find something faster. I tried to powerlevel on giants, but I miss 75% of my fireballs because they are always running.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    Somebody have a trick to powerlevel destruction a little bit? Currently I'm level 45 but I need to get to 70. I play mostly as a battle mage with a spell in my left hand and a one hand sword, but the problem is the I often cast one or two fireballs, after i flame them with my shout and finally I cut their head with my sword. It's too slow this way, I need to find something faster. I tried to powerlevel on giants, but I miss 75% of my fireballs because they are always running.
    Main issue with Destruction, the dmg doesn't scale.... At all...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually kiting giants is a pretty good way. Sadly there's no "easy" way to level Destruction. There is, however, one technique I have heard of. I haven't tested it because I missed the chance, but when you fight Vilkas during the first Companion quest you can spam him with magic indefinitely. He never dies, and doesn't fight back.

Why do we have to support Stormcloaks or empire? I know it's supposed to be that there is no clear cut black and white options, but still...

I really like the Jarl of winterun, he says hes not on anyside but the side of winterrun. also, i rather wage a war against thalmor than either of two other groups

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a shout that will Slow time. This will help with your accuracy. Also Dual Wield spells. They become more powerful and you are forced to use spells rather than relying on your sword. If you find you need defense use a Shield Spell in 1 hand and a Destruction Spell in the other. you are basically Sword and Board at that point. Also gear up on Mana Regen enchants if you are going to be doing this.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Why do we have to support Stormcloaks or empire? I know it's supposed to be that there is no clear cut black and white options, but still...

I really like the Jarl of winterun, he says hes not on anyside but the side of winterrun. also, i rather wage a war against thalmor than either of two other groups
    Yet you still force him to join a side eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Main issue with Destruction, the dmg doesn't scale.... At all...
    Yeah I heard that... Currently I'm level 32, maybe I should stop focusing on Destruction to level my Archery. I heard a lot of people talking about how powerful it is.

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Actually kiting giants is a pretty good way. Sadly there's no "easy" way to level Destruction. There is, however, one technique I have heard of. I haven't tested it because I missed the chance, but when you fight Vilkas during the first Companion quest you can spam him with magic indefinitely. He never dies, and doesn't fight back.
    Thanks for the trick, I'll try that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I have a small issue/bug

There seems to be an arrow in my head? how do I remove it?

Would appreciate someone verifying the exact skill level that you can move from being simply able to cast Novice ranked spells, to being able to cast Apprentice rank spells. Thanks!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the Thalmor either and due to my new character being a Nord - I went with Stormcloaks.
    Also, this sums it all up.
    Which is exactly why I support the Empire, Ulfric was a racist, moronic biggot, he didn't even deserve to suffer death at my hands, the fool.

Quote Originally Posted by angael View Post

Hopefully you're playing PC otherwise I have no idea:
    Open console (~ key) and type "sexchange" then hit enter, twice.

Quote Originally Posted by jimavet View Post
    Would appreciate someone verifying the exact skill level that you can move from being simply able to cast Novice ranked spells, to being able to cast Apprentice rank spells. Thanks!
    From what I've seen there's no restriction between at least novice and apprentice, you can cast them as soon as you have enough magicka.

But apprentice I believe is 20, which, everything except destruction starts out at 15.

Quote Originally Posted by angael View Post

If you have the patience getting shot with more arrows seems to remove it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonne View Post
    but those game mechanics sucks from the start, that won't change by playing more
    Actually as I have been leveling I have been trying several different play styles that involve very different mechanics so... refer to the other poster who LOL'd and gave the analogy to walking out of a movie after 5 minutes in and calling it overrated.

You didn't even give the game a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Medivh the Prophet View Post
    The world is amazing to explore, so vast and detailed. The combat is shallow and simple yet has an addicting quality. Graphics are greatly improved upon oblivion but console version lacks (probably due to system requirements but its understandable), yet the story and characters are so terrible its like an abuse of how much time went into this game. I don't understand it. I have no connection to the story line or characters in the world, and I'm someone who can easily rp. It was the same with fallout, they have to work on a better system of story telling and communication with the inhabitants of their game worlds. Skyrim just doesn't deliver the story aspect nearly as well as other games on the market.

TL;DR Skyrim world = good, Skyrim story = terrible
    This game is easy to RP in! On my argonian sociopath I was robbing a hunter on the river. They caught me and said hey you shouldn't do that but didn't get up in my face, so I said ok you can live. Few game days later thugs show up wanting to kick my ass with a contract from 'hunter'.

So I went back and slit her throat and dragged her into the river feeling instantly better about being a murdering psychopath.

I don't like the Thalmor either and due to my new character being a Nord - I went with Stormcloaks.
    Also, this sums it all up.
    interesting.

either way, i still rather not decide to support any group :[

I really hope a DLC they have you face off against Thalmor

also, you guys know developers actually built Tamriel into skyrim?

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145...lt-into-skyrim

"So, bethesda has made the landmass for Morrowind. The entirety of morrowind. Solstheim is there, the mainland is there, Vvardenfell is there. It’s all there. It’s scaled down slightly however, since the scaling in Morrowind, Skyrim, And Oblivion are all obscured towards each other. But it’s still very large.

Vvardenfell and the volcano that destroyed Morrowind."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    interesting.

either way, i still rather not decide to support any group :[

I really hope a DLC they have you face off against Thalmor

also, you guys know developers actually built Tamriel into skyrim?

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145...lt-into-skyrim

"So, bethesda has made the landmass for Morrowind. The entirety of morrowind. Solstheim is there, the mainland is there, Vvardenfell is there. It’s all there. It’s scaled down slightly however, since the scaling in Morrowind, Skyrim, And Oblivion are all obscured towards each other. But it’s still very large.

Vvardenfell and the volcano that destroyed Morrowind."
    Good God! Well that very much smells like DLC to me!

Deleted
    I think they need to remove the stuff from vendors once u buy that out. Its stupid that u can just wait 48 hours and buy the mats once again.