Deleted
    Just got blacksmithing to 100 and made the Dragon Scale set (with a dragonplate helmet because it looks cooler). I'm officially a badass with that armor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Yea but they don't seem to scale. That's the problem, they get progressively weaker while the mobs you fight get stronger. Also, did you play on master? I just did some reading and saw that you can buff your daedric bow to do up to 520 damage per shot, that's without sneak attacks and enchants and poison. Compared to destruction spells, that's ridiculously high.
    Destro is very powerful as well. Right now my 52 mage on master difficulty is walking around in daedric armour so as not to die from random arrows, all of it enchanted to my liking - but most importantly, to get free destro magic. ATM it takes about 15 seconds of Lightning Storm continuously dual-cast on an ancient dragon to kill it - but even before getting 100 destro quest spells I could stagger it to death with incinerate/thunderbolt dualcast spam, and without taking too much time.

Magic might not be as OP as snowballed smithing-enchanting-alchemy melee/archer, but it easily holds its' own even on master so long as you play it right... Especially after you get 4 25% cost reduction enchants.

So, I was unaware if this was mentioned but I wound up learning that if you damage a dragon enough mid flight, it will actually come crashing to the ground and leave a massive crater trail, a poor elk was in the wrong place at the wrong time and got bowled over, sent it flying and left me laughing for half an hour straight.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    And... you did that with the vendors having limited gold and no console commands? grats
    Vendors have unlimited gold. You just need to go round the cities giving each vendor 'time' to re-stock his gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Sarcastic View Post
    Vendors have unlimited gold. You just need to go round the cities giving each vendor 'time' to re-stock his gold.
    Yep. Playing my Thief character, I just did 'laps' around Skyrim to all the fences until I'd sold all my stolen goods. Vendor gold respawns every 48 hours, and their inventory changes too.

Thats right, vendors only have a set amount of gold until 2 days is kinda more of an annoyance than a challenge with being able to wait. Why stop there, use your werewolf power, wait 24 hours, use it again. No cd in a way

one you fully unlock thieves guild the fence there gets 5k plus the 4 vendors down there it helps, if you do the stones/crown of barenziah quest you get a perma buff that makes you find more gems, having 80+ diamonds to sell = big $$$

as for destro damage you need to get the bigger spells, the master spells blizzard/storm/firestorm are pretty weak, but the expert level destro ones: ice spear, incinerate thunderbolt are pretty powerful, plus you can chant your gear for 100% mana reduction for destro, pewpew away
    Last edited by Aquinan; 2011-11-29 at 10:44 AM. Reason: fixed last line

How to go Range as Melee
    1) Drop your best weapon
    2) Cast telekinesis on it
    3) Throw it at the flying dragon
    4) ????
    5) Profit (from dragon bones and scales)

So I figured out the 'no dragon soul' thing, and it is ironic that they are fixing it tomorrow, but anyway, if you loot the dragon BEFORE you hear the noise or see any graphics of it burning (aka, you stabbed it in the face for the final blow then looted right away) you don't get the soul. If you wait until you hear the noise/see the graphics then loot, you are all set.

Tried it on 5 dragons, didn't get a soul each time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    as for destro damage you need to get the bigger spells, the master spells blizzard/storm/firestorm are pretty weak, but the expert level destro ones: ice spear, incinerate thunderbolt are pretty powerful, plus you cant chant your gear for 100% mana reduction for destro, pewpew away
    Eh? So long as you have time to cast it at the very least Lightning Storm is obscenely powerful - huuuge amount of damage with pretty much unlimited range on a channel that lasts as long as you wish it to - without limit if them mana cost is lifted in 100%. And don't give false info, you can easily get free spells of any school, without any snowballing or the like - all you need is 100 ench and 4 grand gems.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So I figured out the 'no dragon soul' thing, and it is ironic that they are fixing it tomorrow, but anyway, if you loot the dragon BEFORE you hear the noise or see any graphics of it burning (aka, you stabbed it in the face for the final blow then looted right away) you don't get the soul. If you wait until you hear the noise/see the graphics then loot, you are all set.

Tried it on 5 dragons, didn't get a soul each time.
    I always loot them before that animation starts and I've never lost out on souls.

Saw the patch notes for the 1.2 patch. I have to admit that it looks underwhelming. They are fixing 12 things. There is a thread there on the official forum with over 500 listed problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    I always loot them before that animation starts and I've never lost out on souls.
    Weird. It did it every time for me, and if I waited to loot I always got the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Thats right, vendors only have a set amount of gold until 2 days is kinda more of an annoyance than a challenge with being able to wait. Why stop there, use your werewolf power, wait 24 hours, use it again. No cd in a way
    lol I use wait to heal up after combat. Wait for 1 hour and you'll have full health, and I'm pretty sure stam and mana but I just use it for health.

quick question, I don;t know if its been asked and searching through all page would take ages, but say I want to try a different character ( I am warrior melee type atm) and would like to try rouge stealth thief style play, if I create a new character, will the main story start at the same place and take me through all the same quests as I have so far. I just feel bit put down to try to spend all this time I've spent so far on my current class and spend it again on new class?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Deleted
    So I just finished the Imperial Questline and I have to say that Bethesda have done an amazing job as to which side you have to choose as it is no easy task.
    I don't necessarily like the stormcloaks because they killed the king (unconfirmed) and they are racist to the max, only caring about their nord bretheren whereas I as a High Elf won't be as honored.

I hated the Imperials at first BUT the only reason I hated the legion was because of the Emperor himself. He banned the worship of Talos who founded Tamriel and did some pretty bad things throughout his life.

So this is what I did:
    'SPOILERS!'
    I ended up joining the dark brotherhood and because I found it really difficult to choose between the 2 sides, I decided to make myself an option. The only reason I despised the Imperials was because of the Emperor Titus Mede II and thus I decided to kill him during the main Dark Brotherhood questline. Therefore, the Imperials will have to elect someone to be the next emperor (Tullius perhaps?)

With the Emperor dead, I decided to join the Legion and leading up to the end, it was pretty fine and I had no reason to hate them. However, when it came to killing Ulfric Stormcloak, we can see Tullius' bloodlust and hatred of Talos (Rikke says Talos be with you) so now I find that Tullius is becoming more like the previous Emperor. (I also killed Ulfric myself)

'SPOILERS END HERE'

In the end really it's all down to choice but I'm quite surprised how they manage to pull this decision making off, it was one of the hardest decisions in bethesda's games.

Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    quick question, I don;t know if its been asked and searching through all page would take ages, but say I want to try a different character ( I am warrior melee type atm) and would like to try rouge stealth thief style play, if I create a new character, will the main story start at the same place and take me through all the same quests as I have so far. I just feel bit put down to try to spend all this time I've spent so far on my current class and spend it again on new class?
    New character = new world, just like, you know, every other game?

I'm intrigued... so you wait for them to land, stealth, and they just sit there waiting to eat x30 backstab? They don't even fly away? Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment, I like the fights being difficult lol.
    I spent the last fifteen minutes trying to reproduce this on just about everything and it doesn't work. It worked a couple times on lesser mobs, but that happened before 100 anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    It's funny though, that was already fixed in Fallout New Vegas with hardcore mode:P Wish they had included it in Skyrim too. Anyway, with that on, you could still wait, yes but you also went hungry, thirsty and sleep deprived if you waited so it wasn't such a good idea to do so for just CDs.