Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Idk how he got that to happen either. Unless enchant damage is less on bows or something, I was able to get my bow to do over 400 damage, but only about 36-39 damage on each of the enchants. Ima call BS til I see it is actually possible.
    Did you guys try getting the enchanting perks that increase fire/frot/shock enchants? I don't know if that's the reason, but it sounded like BS to me too. How did he get 32% enchanting potion without alchemy in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by zaoly View Post
    Did you guys try getting the enchanting perks that increase fire/frot/shock enchants? I don't know if that's the reason, but it sounded like BS to me too. How did he get 32% enchanting potion without alchemy in the first place?
    I have every enchanting perk, every relevant alchemy perk, and every relevant smithing perk, and I used the trick that involves making a potion, enchanting new alchemy gear, making a new potion, making new alch gear, etc...

Deleted
    was liking my mage, but now i am just lvl 14, using conjure / destruction. best thing i can conjure so far is the flaming thing, and i was using lightning bolt, but i go out of magicka before the enemy is even dead, the damage it does is pathetically low, i end up just switching to melee weapon, makes using the magic kinda pointless when i do more damage with an axe... any tips anyone? since i am still low level i am tempted to just switch to melee :\ i dual cast lightning bolt at full power and it barely takes away their health :\

also, would it maybe work better if i switched my robes for something better, like elven armor or something and enchant that with the stuff on my robes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaoly View Post
    Who said I don't have alchemy? As for the proof I'll throw some screenies in 5 - can't prove I did not console them though. Up to you if you believe, I got those numbers 100% legit.

Is it just me or is magic sub-optimal? I'm playing a Dark elf magic user which should give me an advantage to destruction but when I was on the quest to recover the three stolen books from the guy at the Winterhold Collage, I kept dying all the time. I went in with dual flames but it was much easier to just equip a mace and whack them to bits. I'm only level 8.
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekhetyo View Post
    Is it just me or is magic sub-optimal? I'm playing a Dark elf magic user which should give me an advantage to destruction but when I was on the quest to recover the three stolen books from the guy at the Winterhold Collage, I kept dying all the time. I went in with dual flames but it was much easier to just equip a mace and whack them to bits. I'm only level 8.
    yeah my post above you pretty much says the same thing, i can use my whole mana pool dual casting lightning bolt, and i still have to go in and finish them off with my 1h axe.
    not sure what i am doing wrong, i enchanted all the gear i can with mage type enchants, but the damage just really sucks comapred to melee, and since i am in cloth i die in 4-5 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    yeah my post above you pretty much says the same thing, i can use my whole mana pool dual casting lightning bolt, and i still have to go in and finish them off with my 1h axe.
    not sure what i am doing wrong, i enchanted all the gear i can with mage type enchants, but the damage just really sucks comapred to melee, and since i am in cloth i die in 4-5 hits.
    Oh. I haven't even enchanted my gear. The only proffesion I've used is Alchemy to make some random poisons. I may end up rerolling a rogue (leather with either ranged or melee specialization)

Unrelated: Is Nord the only race you "should" play in this game? On all the threads I see on various sites its the same "play-nord-or-gtfo" mentality.
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Idk how he got that to happen either. Unless enchant damage is less on bows or something, I was able to get my bow to do over 400 damage, but only about 36-39 damage on each of the enchants. Ima call BS til I see it is actually possible.
    Well, since I can't figure out how to make a screenshot in Skyrim I won't be delivering any proof - unless someone tips me on how to do it. However, after playing around with perks a little I discovered that perks increasing elemental damage from destruction tree affect the enchants - and if you have, for example, 2/2 in both augmented flame and shock then the enchants double-dip on the benefits. In that case, if I have fire damage and shock damage enchanted on the axe +50% to fire damage will affect shock as well and +50% to shock damage will affect fire as well, rolling the numbers up quite a bit. I guess that's the reason for absurd damage, it also explains why enchantment damage on the axe enchanted with soul trap and fire instead of shock and fire is only half of the other one.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2011-11-30 at 01:30 AM.

Oh. I haven't even enchanted my gear. The only proffesion I've used is Alchemy to make some random poisons. I may end up rerolling a rogue (leather with either ranged or melee specialization)

Unrelated: Is Nord the only race you "should" play in this game? On all the threads I see on various sites its the same "play-nord-or-gtfo" mentality.
    Well Skyrim is the Nord homeland. But there is no "should" in any of this, if you want to play a talking cat go for it.

Has anyone even played a Khajiit(sp?)? What race have you all played BTW?

My first character was an imperial, then I re-rolled as a Breton.

Also, what race do you think is the most un-populated in the game? I think the only Khajiits I've seen are the caravan smugglers.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well Skyrim is the Nord homeland. But there is no "should" in any of this, if you want to play a talking cat go for it.
    Orcs are natives too!

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Also, what race do you think is the most un-populated in the game? I think the only Khajiits I've seen are the caravan smugglers.
    Khajiit have a bigger presence than the Argonians. I see 2 or 3 cats for every lizard.

I don't know if this video has already been posted, but DEAR GOD I can't stop laughing.

I mostly play fighting games these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    I don't know if this video has already been posted, but DEAR GOD I can't stop laughing.
    lol that was awesome, boys, girls, dogs, elders, there's nobody i won't fuck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim has got to be my favorite singleplayer RPG. Even with its bugs and quirks, I've never played a game that was so immersive and fun. I spent a good two weeks just playing Skyrim (and luckily for me, I had very few responsibilities to take care of outside of the game for those two weeks), exploring and killing shit.

Best part about Skyrim? No annoying kids spamming the cities with anal chat and chuck norris jokes. No angsty players who are crying because mages are OP or whatever. And even if someone is crying about something IMBA in Skyrim, who cares? Doesn't affect my game. I love Skyrim's community. It consists of me and myself.

But then it also lacks the good people in an MMO's community, being single player and all. Still, its nice to get away from it all and just explore Skyrim, kill some Draugr and FUS RO DA some assholes off a cliff.
    Putin khuliyo

Wait until the end of those one...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    Boys, dogs, elders, there's nobody I won't ****

ROFL
    Putin khuliyo

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    you know after playing skyrim I honestly think it's killed my interest in wow. I was more or less playing wow because there was nothing else I had to play. But it's made me realize wow is just all abouts numbers, dps charts, min/maxing, grinding rep, etc. There's no exploration really, quests you rarely care about, it's hard to really even call it a rpg since there are no choices as every quest outcome is already a pre-determined outcome.

I've played the new 4.3 dragon dungeons through a few times and honestly can't really care to be running them everyday for months now to cap vp each week.

eh already unsubbed, think i'll just wait for diablo 3 really
    Last edited by shadey81; 2011-11-30 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadey81 View Post
    you know after playing skyrim I honestly think it's killed my interest in wow. I was more or less playing wow because there was nothing else I had to play. But it's made me realize wow is just all abouts numbers, dps charts, min/maxing, grinding rep, etc. There's no exploration really, quests you rarely care about, it's hard to really even call it a rpg since there are no choices as every quest outcome is already a pre-determined outcome.

I've played the new 4.3 dragon dungeons through a few times and honestly can't really care to be running them everyday for months now to cap vp each week.

eh already unsubbed, think i'll just wait for diablo 3 really
    Wow, and I thought i was the only one!

The main thing in Skyrim v WoW is that its entierly solo, do everything by yourself, go at your own pace kind of game. In wow I'm just waiting for raids, raiding, logging of for the night because anything else requires more than just me wanting to do it. But people seem to think the 2nd M in MMORPG means there can't be any solo content. One of the reasons on even a game like Runescape is greater than WoW.

That would be the Stormcloak mentality.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.