10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeshka View Post
    Useless perks: lock picking, speech, pickpocketing [because making money is just too easy anyway and so is lockpicking]
    Questionable perks: magic- just seems weak, Heavy/Light armor [offense better than defense I guess?]
    Decent perks: two-handed, block, archery, sneak
    Great/"OP" perks: one-handed, smithing, enchanting, alchemy[in descending order]

Each tree in turn has a ton of useless perks inside them, but those are fairly obvious. I think it's important to spend perks on stuff that isn't useless since if you level from levelling useless trees; the game's combat becomes a lot harder and unbalanced against your favor.

You can just constantly level with sneak/lockpicking/restoration/pickpocketing and such; the enemies will scale very high and the gameplay will be just torture.
    I would move Archery from decent to OP. It is difficult at lower levels, but once you get a decent bow you can clear a room and nothing will even touch you. Also, I'd recommend picking up Illusion if you are gonna go dual dagger assassin, because it has alot of CC which can get you out of those hairy situations and when you get the silent casting you can turn your enemies against each other and pick off the remaining ones. As for sneak at 100 there is a perk at 100 that makes it to where if you stealth, enemies begin to search for you again and they lose track of you. Illusion can also come in handy with this, because you can invis and stealth and they will completely lose you, so you can rethink and go back in for an assassination or two. Dual daggers can be fun if you like taking your time, but you have to play alot more carefully and as I said, I believe Illusion is a must.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you used to be an adventurer i feel bad for ya son, i dodged 99 arrows til my knee took one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Do the stumps also break your realism? Because the way the tree's were chopped down is not how you are supposed to do it, and would probably kill you
    I used fire to kill a dragon. EVERYONE knows that dragons breath fire, so they shouldn't be able to be killed by it. IT'S UNREALISTIC!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeshka View Post
    Bethesda has huge bugs in the main quest; I'm not sure how that could even get past QA.
    Probably didn't, that's the unfortunate part, the Producer choose if they fix it for release or a later patch.

I know of a few games with bugs that wont be fixed ever since they decided its too unlikely to happen in the eyes of a producer.

Love the game, though i hate how OP smithing + enchanting is. Best armor ive found is from smithing and im in the mid 50s. And daedra weps seem tp be the best, though Dragonsbane and Chillrend contends with daedra sword for damage. Of course i can just make a daedra sword and double enchant it to make it better <sadface>. Love the look of nightingale armor, hate some of the enchants on it, and hate how it has less defense than dragonscale. LOVE the nightingale blade, favorite skin in the game yet, with dawnbreaker and dragonbane close seconds, HATE how i cant upgrade it, and HATE how i cant upgrade dawnbreaker past epic even though it uses ebony to upgrade and i have ebony smithing.

Edit: Ive only encountered a few bugs and reloading seems to fix the problem. One bug i cant seem to get fixed though is one of the misc objectives to help some lady escape a cave. She gets to the end then sits in the entrance, too far in for me to talk to her but she wont port out either. Oh, and Skorj or w/e his name is, in the companions guild.....he dies in the quest line but after i became leader he miraculously resurrected and is back in the hall. Only offers 1 thing when i talk to him and that's the option looking for work. Kind of afraid to take his quests though since they may bug out.

Edit2: If you find Fine Cut Void Salts....don't use them, i haven't checked if you can reacquire them but i used them on accident (because it let me) and now i cant seem to complete that misc objective.
    Last edited by Blackout15; 2011-12-09 at 02:16 AM.

Fus ro dah videos seem to be the new youtube fad, and I die laughing watching them.

Last edited by Devolution; 2011-12-09 at 02:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The police one is a typical day in Whiterun.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys should check out tes nexus and curse for save files there are some pretty awesome ones
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I would move Archery from decent to OP. It is difficult at lower levels, but once you get a decent bow you can clear a room and nothing will even touch you. Also, I'd recommend picking up Illusion if you are gonna go dual dagger assassin, because it has alot of CC which can get you out of those hairy situations and when you get the silent casting you can turn your enemies against each other and pick off the remaining ones.
    The problem I had with archery was that frequently in dungeons enemies spring up on you as you go past a corner, and the way stagger and bowstringing worked I found it really fiddly to get a good headshot at stuff.

I think archery is definitely the best designed combat mechanic in the game since it takes into account gravity and consequent trajectories quite well. It's great for sniping for instance. However to me personally it just seems too much work to aim and shoot stuff vs dual 1h. Long range archery is awesome but there is just something about close range that makes me cringe - probably the stagger wobble and "reload" time. I'm probably gonna try it when I'm fed up with sneak = incredibly low dps and light armor is makes me as weak as tofu.

Interesting stuff about illusion didn't even know it had a "cc" type thing. Levelling any kind of magic as a melee char seems to be a pain though (levelling sneak is annoying too)

light armor is makes me as weak as tofu.
    You can armor cap in light armor, while dual wielding, relatively easily with 100 smithing. If you got the perks in Light Armor/Smithing, at least. Don't even need enchanting or alchemy.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2011-12-09 at 05:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    You can armor cap in light armor, while dual wielding, relatively easily with 100 smithing. If you got the perks in Light Armor/Smithing, at least. Don't even need enchanting or alchemy.
    Interesting.. Skyrims lack of actual instruction has confused me Makes me wish the profession system was like WoWs :P "Oh i want to make some dwarven armor! spell book! ok that's what i need!" in reality "I have all this shit in my inventory.. sell sell sell sell sell sell sell buy dwarven armor."

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone mind testing my savegame file? wanna see if it actually works!

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3106
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

I want to know who this "A friend" is that keeps sending me letters and, how he somehow knows everywhere I shout, how he somehow knows the all the shout locations I haven't been to, and why he just doesn't give them all to me at once.

im having a problem, i married Camilla Valerius in Riverwood but now i want to marry someone else, so i killed her brother and got his will in a couple of days, then i killed her but i didn't get her will and i dont get the marry speech option with other NPCs, can someone help me please?

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I want to know who this "A friend" is that keeps sending me letters and, how he somehow knows everywhere I shout, how he somehow knows the all the shout locations I haven't been to, and why he just doesn't give them all to me at once.
    I once got one of those letters, commending me on using my Shouts at the Throat of the World.

Fair guess? It's one of the Greybeards.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    I once got one of those letters, commending me on using my Shouts at the Throat of the World.

Fair guess? It's one of the Greybeards.
    Someone theorized its just random people in town. Do a shout in a city and you will soon get a letter (though I haven't seen a courier since a certain cannibal quest).

Protip, if your sneak tree is full, you don't have to worry about "sneaking" though a dungeon anymore. A lot of NPCs won't notice you standing unless you walk 10 ft right in front of them. You can literally walk right up to things if you don't have a companion. You still have to "sneak" if you want your bonus damage though.

Does anyone know a really good bow build?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarthiris View Post
    Does anyone know a really good bow build?
    points in bow and stealth. Probably light armor since you are using a stealth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Someone theorized its just random people in town. Do a shout in a city and you will soon get a letter (though I haven't seen a courier since a certain cannibal quest).

Protip, if your sneak tree is full, you don't have to worry about "sneaking" though a dungeon anymore. A lot of NPCs won't notice you standing unless you walk 10 ft right in front of them. You can literally walk right up to things if you don't have a companion. You still have to "sneak" if you want your bonus damage though.
    I'm not so sure about it, even 100 sneak is very easily detected. It depends on the opponents and conditions though. So outdoors during a day, you can still be detected a mile away while sneaking.. during the night too. Inside however, normal bandits and draugrs and such cant see you, yes, however, animals, those ball centurions and a lot of higher level things can still spot you easily.

---------- Post added 2011-12-09 at 09:51 AM ----------

Nah, smithing, till daedric, then fill out bow, the zoom thing is optional though, I didn't take it as there is time slowing shout anyway. And then sneak. However, smithing is actually even more useful than the bow skill as you can push nearly triple damage out of the bows with it.