10+ Year Old Account
    I love how our megathread has reached 215 pages, is running strongly still, yet we probably will never get a subforum because obviously, the hype will die down in a couple weeks, right? ::rolls eyes::
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Does anyone know how to fix this?
    It appears patch 1.3 made my game completely unplayable; the game won't start anymore.
    Everything worked fine before, no mods used if that's important.
    Nvm about this, steam apparently just didn't update it.
    Deleted "ClientRegisty.blob" from steam folder and it updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    I love how our megathread has reached 215 pages, is running strongly still, yet we probably will never get a subforum because obviously, the hype will die down in a couple weeks, right? ::rolls eyes::
    I know, right? The megathread will pick up again once the creation kit roll out in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Neeshka View Post

Does this get better at 100 sneak ? Can you restealth constantly and get sneak kills on multiple enemies next to each other ?
    Hi sneak makes this game retarded easy. By the time I was at 70 sneak I was able to barrel roll into a room with 5 people, take out two, run out and lose the ones still surviving so I could come do it again. Not so efficient but by the time was at 85+ I could walk into a room and slaughter every single one individually as long as I stuck to the shadows or timed it so they had their backs turned to me.

Sneaks daggers is really compelling and twitchy gameplay but so is sneak archer. I never really put heavy emphasis on archery but with high enough sneak you just need to shoot, barrel roll to set up at a new spot and kill.

I really wish I'd gone the pick pocketing route in perks. The misdirection perk sounds amazing when you're about to go up against those heavy hitters in dungeons.

I do want to say though that smithing does take a lot out of the game. The professions need a huge nerf. Dragon armor and daedric weapons take out any challenge from the game whatsoever (legendary daedric bow one shotting everything except dragons).

Dragon fights have me constantly wanting to go one hand/shield build. There's nothing more fun than timing your bashes against a dragon's breath or bite.

Casting isn't all that great and it seems that your enemies are a lot better at it than you are no matter how high skill you're at but that's just personal experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Hi sneak makes this game retarded easy. By the time I was at 70 sneak I was able to barrel roll into a room with 5 people, take out two, run out and lose the ones still surviving so I could come do it again. Not so efficient but by the time was at 85+ I could walk into a room and slaughter every single one individually as long as I stuck to the shadows or timed it so they had their backs turned to me.

Sneaks daggers is really compelling and twitchy gameplay but so is sneak archer. I never really put heavy emphasis on archery but with high enough sneak you just need to shoot, barrel roll to set up at a new spot and kill.

I really wish I'd gone the pick pocketing route in perks. The misdirection perk sounds amazing when you're about to go up against those heavy hitters in dungeons.

I do want to say though that smithing does take a lot out of the game. The professions need a huge nerf. Dragon armor and daedric weapons take out any challenge from the game whatsoever (legendary daedric bow one shotting everything except dragons).

Dragon fights have me constantly wanting to go one hand/shield build. There's nothing more fun than timing your bashes against a dragon's breath or bite.

Casting isn't all that great and it seems that your enemies are a lot better at it than you are no matter how high skill you're at but that's just personal experience.
    Secret with being a caster is also getting enchanting. By doing double enchants of destro/magicka+destro can get your spells to cost 99% less.
    Also its not a barrel roll because you aren't rolling to the side. It's more of a somersault. Also the only thing that needs to be nerfed in smithing is iron daggers/leather braces/ other low level stuff that power levels you.
    Last edited by zakayron; 2011-12-10 at 07:02 AM.
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

Quote Originally Posted by zakayron View Post
    Secret with being a caster is also getting enchanting. By doing double enchants of destro/magicka+destro can get your spells to cost 99% less.
    Also its not a barrel roll because you aren't rolling to the side. It's more of a somersault. Also the only thing that needs to be nerfed in smithing is iron daggers/leather braces/ other low level stuff that power levels you.
    Smithing is pretty broken actually, especially combined with enchanting and alchemy. My daedric chest armor alone armor caps me, and my daedric longsword's damage is 370. And I'm not even trying to stack damage, I'm stacking health and health regeneration, and on a power attack crit I one shot anything. And that's without my orc racial that doubles my damage.

I shudder to think of the kind of damage you could get with a two hander, and +two handed damage on every piece of gear possible. I wonder if you could do enough damage to glitch out the game like in Morrowind lol?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Smithing is pretty broken actually, especially combined with enchanting and alchemy.
    Aye my mage is a walking god with all three at 100 and pimped out gear. On my next play through i doubt i will take them all. On a lighter note tho...

lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    part 1

part 2
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    hilarious vids
    LOL! The last one "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee" -Shoots him in the knee-

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the biggest dungeon in Skyrim? I've been to a couple huge dwarven places but I want to know the biggest (and also most time consuming) dungeon.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    I pickpocketed a lady in Riften, got greedy and got caught. Guard comes up to me, "You're a bad boy, etc, etc." I don't care, I am Thane of Riften and Thieves Guild Master by now. The fine was 12 gold. I pay up but as I start to walk away I notice something. While I was talking to the guard I could see another guard firing his bow and my companion swinging her sword. By coincidence they stop when I finish talking to the guard. I turn around to see the horrow, the guards and my companion executed everyone that was outside. All the victims lay in a pile. This all went down in a matter of seconds.

What have I unleashed upon the world.....

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    What is the biggest dungeon in Skyrim? I've been to a couple huge dwarven places but I want to know the biggest (and also most time consuming) dungeon.
    An educated guess would be Blackreach, but I could be wrong.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

is there a way to pickpocket Astrid for Blade of Woe? I didnt know you can pick pocket her at the beggining (before joining) and now when I try, no items appear, is there any other chanse or is that it? (I know you will get it at the end of DB quest line, but i wanted to dual wield with them...) anyone knows?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

ok so....I was going to Solitude, walked right into the town and immediately saw the Empire up to no good by doing this certain act towards this certain man. I then drew my sword and slew all the officers, guards, etc. Now my bounty in Solitude is up to 1k gold....have I royally screwed up or can I afford to lose Solitude as a city I go to and quest from? I hate the Empire so much and that city is pro Empire (in my game that is)

Also, I waited to do this killing spree AFTER the quest with Faldor and the recon of the Thalmor embassy etc.

How screwed am I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukus View Post
    ok so....I was going to Solitude, walked right into the town and immediately saw the Empire up to no good by doing this certain act towards this certain man. I then drew my sword and slew all the officers, guards, etc. Now my bounty in Solitude is up to 1k gold....have I royally screwed up or can I afford to lose Solitude as a city I go to and quest from? I hate the Empire so much and that city is pro Empire (in my game that is)

Also, I waited to do this killing spree AFTER the quest with Faldor and the recon of the Thalmor embassy etc.

How screwed am I?
    Pay off the fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukus View Post

How screwed am I?
    Do you want to fight for the Imperials? That makes all the difference .

Hint: read the achievement/trophy list.

---------- Post added 2011-12-10 at 09:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Pay off the fine.
    Pffffft Pay of the fine!?!

What sort of witchcraft are you dealing over there.

There were some awesome things and places in those death videos i've never seen before? Hard to know which is real and which modded. I've never seen a mammoth stampede. Or a Dwarven Centurion in outside world fighting? Or that cell with all the chickens?! Or the hallway with the indiana jones rock?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    GOTY on Spike TV Awards!

(it was expected to be honest)

Woot! Way to go Skyrim. Of course we all knew it was GOTY anyways!