Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    I don't think city invasions would have gotten repetitive. The developers could have quite easily added flavour based on the various factions operating in the area. In regards to Winterhold, for example, political depth could have been added by having the college defend Winterhold itself to both prevent it from coming under the control of both the Stormcloaks or the Imperial Legion as well as earning the trust of the locals who harbour such suspicion for them. Actually losing a battle and having to retreat in a particular region would have been pretty interesting, instead of mysteriously being able to single-handedly solve every problem you come across in the game world.
    Okay, on this I agree wholeheartedly. As it stands the College comes across as rather unlikable and unrealistic as it makes no overtures to improving relations with the people who, at any time, can pick up some weapons and run them out. But quest chains in Elder Scrolls have always been fairly self-contained, so maybe we'll have to wait for a bit until the developers move in that direction of story telling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Okay, on this I agree wholeheartedly. As it stands the College comes across as rather unlikable and unrealistic as it makes no overtures to improving relations with the people who, at any time, can pick up some weapons and run them out. But quest chains in Elder Scrolls have always been fairly self-contained, so maybe we'll have to wait for a bit until the developers move in that direction of story telling.
    I'm very surprised necromancy was legal in Skyrim, especially considering how much respect the Nords have for their dead. A bit of continuity between the events of Oblivion and Skyrim would have been brilliant. On a side note, might you be the same Frostbane that posted on the WoW EU boards, by chance? Apologies if I'm mistaken!

Deleted
    I'm very surprised necromancy was legal in Skyrim, especially considering how much respect the Nords have for their dead. A bit of continuity between the events of Oblivion and Skyrim would have been brilliant. On a side note, might you be the same Frostbane that posted on the WoW EU boards, by chance? Apologies if I'm mistaken!
    Yeah, I'm also ThorgarBloodrager on the Dawn of War II forums.

Deleted
    Ah, I have fond memories of some of your posts on the role-playing and story boards in particular! Though to avoid the risk of going completely off-topic, I don't suppose anyone can recommend me a lore friendly hair mod? I've been looking around but the vast majority seem to simply replace the existing hairstyles with questionable anime rip-offs. Mind you, I'd like to ideally keep the feel of the game as rugged. Just a little less rugged than the original hairstyles that are available.

Deleted
    Ah, I have fond memories of some of your posts on the role-playing and story boards in particular! Though to avoid the risk of going completely off-topic, I don't suppose anyone can recommend me a lore friendly hair mod? I've been looking around but the vast majority seem to simply replace the existing hairstyles with questionable anime rip-offs. Mind you, I'd like to ideally keep the feel of the game as rugged. Just a little less rugged than the original hairstyles that are available.
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7627

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1951

Still can't seem to find one that makes facial hair thicker.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2012-07-04 at 05:39 PM.

Deleted
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7627

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1951

Still can't seem to find one that makes facial hair thicker.
    Oh, nice! Thanks a lot for that. It retains the original feel whilst making some slight improvements. Just what I was looking for!

Deleted
    Because a megathread out to be on the front page..

So how's the DLC - worth it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim is just Fallout 3 with swords. That's probably why I didn't enjoy the game as much. I hated Fallout 3 with a passion and something about Skyrim made me feel like I was playing that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    So how's the DLC - worth it?
    It's a solid DLC, although it's not worth $20 IMO. At most I would pay $15 for it.

Be warned though, right now it's a bug ridden DLC with pretty much every bug that was in the beta. And the vampire attacks and the mysterious traveler are probably the stupidest ideas ever implemented into a game. Whiterun's a ghost town for me because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Skyrim is just Fallout 3 with swords. That's probably why I didn't enjoy the game as much. I hated Fallout 3 with a passion and something about Skyrim made me feel like I was playing that game.
    Fallout 3 with swords? Honestly, the comparison confuses me so much that I'm not sure where to begin.

Really, the only similarity is that it's a first person RPG made by Bethesda.

Deleted
    Meh. Shame about Dawnguard, I was hoping for Shivering Isles quality :/

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Meh. Shame about Dawnguard, I was hoping for Shivering Isles quality :/
    You actually get quite a lot with Dawnguard, but much of it comes in the form of new features - some of which should have already been in the game, in my opinion.

Still, mounted combat is too awesome for me to badmouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Still, mounted combat is too awesome for me to badmouth.
    I want a chariot driven by goats. Oh yes; and usable ships and crews to man 'em. Something that should've been in the game to begin with -- given that it's basically a game about Vikings first and an ES second.

So I ended up using a bunch of cheats to see all the gear from the mods I'd downloaded and got greedy. Got Chrysamere with a fully +40% two hand damage loaded warchief armor set and got to work killing shit. Before I knew it, I'd overwritten all my older saves (I only ever quick save) and so my pre-cheating character was gone. I reverted back to an older version Skyrim before I'd started using those cheats but it dropped me back 15 levels below where I'd been (from level 23 to level 8).

Still, I absolutely love the sneak/archer. That's what I'd played on PS3 and I'm right back at it on PC after trying a bunch of different playstyles. On PS3 I was doing sneak archer for dungeons and sword and board for dragons. Now I'm going flat out sneak/archery/daggers thief/ninja status. I do wish the dark brotherhood and thieves guild quests were as good as they were in Oblivion. Someone needs to make a mod for that.

And I'll leave this here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...08&searchtext=
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    So I ended up using a bunch of cheats to see all the gear from the mods I'd downloaded and got greedy. Got Chrysamere with a fully +40% two hand damage loaded warchief armor set and got to work killing shit. Before I knew it, I'd overwritten all my older saves (I only ever quick save) and so my pre-cheating character was gone. I reverted back to an older version Skyrim before I'd started using those cheats but it dropped me back 15 levels below where I'd been (from level 23 to level 8).

Still, I absolutely love the sneak/archer. That's what I'd played on PS3 and I'm right back at it on PC after trying a bunch of different playstyles. On PS3 I was doing sneak archer for dungeons and sword and board for dragons. Now I'm going flat out sneak/archery/daggers thief/ninja status. I do wish the dark brotherhood and thieves guild quests were as good as they were in Oblivion. Someone needs to make a mod for that.

And I'll leave this here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...08&searchtext=
    Hah! Is that all? I've an entire set of armour that grants individual 61% enhancements to Two-Handed damage that I've dubbed the Armour of Ysgramor and have a mod that increases Wuuthrad's damage to 50 AND allows me to enhance it; it's currently legendary with my 180 smithing skill. I kill fucking Ancient Dragons in 2 Power Attacks.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2012-07-06 at 08:44 AM.

Hah! Is that all? I've an entire set of armour that grants individual 61% enhancements to Two-Handed damage that I've dubbed the Armour of Ysgramor and have a mod that increases Wuuthrad's damage to 50 AND allows me to enhance it; it's currently legendary with my 180 smithing skill. I kill fucking Ancient Dragons in 2 Power Attacks.
    And this is why I never put any perks into the Blacksmithing, Enchanting and Alchemy, once one of those skills is maxed out the game just becomes ridiculously easy and it removes all the fun in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PiOchagnon View Post
    And this is why I never put any perks into the Blacksmithing, Enchanting and Alchemy, once one of those skills is maxed out the game just becomes ridiculously easy and it removes all the fun in my opinion.
    'Twas armour worthy of mighty Ysgramor.

Hey everyone, as some of you may know, Dawnguard added a character named Serana. She is a major character in the dlc and also a follower.Everyone says the Serana is the first character that truly ties a bond with the Dragonborn and also she is probably the prettiest character in the game. The only problem is that even if you can flirt with her, she is un-marriable. So someone created a petition that will be sent to Bethesda so that we can marry Serana.
    Here's the link to the petition http://www.change.org/petitions/beth...-to-be-married
    If you also wish to have the option to marry Serana please sign this petition.

Pi, I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong. The prettiest character in the game is by far Muiri from Markarth. Signed nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15