Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9717

Don't think it adds anything (unless you want, can include vampire hunters) just tweaks vampires to what you want.
    afaik if you end up feeling too powerful you can tweak the values.

lol beaten
    Yea I tried that one and it's nice and all but do you know if there's a way to turn off turning feeding targets into vampires. I know you can disable the extra spells there but the main reason I stopped using it was sneak feeding bug. It's basically like backstab with daggers (kills everyone you use it on) but no one cares if you do it and no one even turns hostile. I tried it in Riften a couple of times and everyone was like.. "oh a dead body, what happened?" even though they saw me kill them in broad daylight.

Hey so now that the bickering is done, I want you guys to post your favorite quest/armor/weapon mods. No overhaul mods like SkyRE because I know things like that EVERYONE will say is their favorite. I want people (including myself) to get exposed to new and unique mods.

I'd say my favorite weapon mod is Chrysamere: (on steam)
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Hey so now that the bickering is done, I want you guys to post your favorite quest/armor/weapon mods.
    Mods that modify the way weapons work or add new ones? I have immersive weapons just because I love pretty weapons and armor.

My favorite weapon mod would be something like: Extended Vanilla Weapons

Mostly because it adds a weapon type I've been wanting since forever, an actual one-handed warhammer. I'm no fan of the type of mace we have in the vanilla game and I feel we should've had more variety to begin with.

Another I feel I should mention is: Grace Darklings Weaponry Pack

Again, because I feel the vanilla choice is not varied enough when it comes to bows. I'm a huge fan of archer characters in Skyrim, ranging from the sneaky assasin type archer to the proud and strong hunter. However, I don't feel like I have enough choice when it comes to bows. Why should I have to equip an obviously evil looking Daedric Bow on my hunter character, just because it's the best Longbow in the game? (I use SkyRe, so dragonbone is a Shortbow).

Basically I will always support mods that add more variety in weapon types, because choice is always a good thing.

From a purely aesthetic point of view, I love Weapon Variant Expansion. Makes it feel a little more "realistic".

My favourite weapon mod definitely goes to Lost LongSwords! Love that mod.

Hey so now that the bickering is done, I want you guys to post your favorite quest/armor/weapon mods. No overhaul mods like SkyRE because I know things like that EVERYONE will say is their favorite. I want people (including myself) to get exposed to new and unique mods.

I'd say my favorite weapon mod is Chrysamere: (on steam)
    Everything by this guy: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/users/3656551

Also this: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27301/

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    From a purely aesthetic point of view, I love Weapon Variant Expansion. Makes it feel a little more "realistic".
    For a more realistic feel I would suggest real wildlife skyrim. It adds in variants such as adult and baby animals and makes encounters with animals very common.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgur View Post
    For a more realistic feel I would suggest real wildlife skyrim. It adds in variants such as adult and baby animals and makes encounters with animals very common.
    i wish encounters with animals were realistic... i live in the woods and barely see squirrels QQ

as for my favorite armor mod, i don't currently use any. but, looking about i noticed this http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28287/ imo, that's one of the best looking i have yet seen.

Hothtrooper is such a boss. I don't think I've ever seen a non-amazing mod by him.

Another good mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14176

MXR's review which makes it all the more entertaining: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcikk...pORkXw&index=2
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Throwing Hammer(Mjolnir) - Staggers enemies and causes shock damage, returns to your hand.
    *Insert high-pitched fanboy squee here.*

For those interested T3nd0 has just released a public beta of the Compatibility Patcher: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28467

Be sure to read the description before installing though!

Edit:
    In case you were wondering, it is something for Skyrim Redone.
    Last edited by Perath; 2012-12-18 at 09:15 AM.

Another good looking animal mod, SkyTEST: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10175

* 100% Lore Friendly, the mod feels like its has always been part of Vanilla Skyrim.

* Animal Foodchain 100% Completed

* Created new spawn points through all Skyrim to give a little more life.

* Most animals will try to mate with their species once a year.

* Bears will hibernate in winter.

* Animals will search for water in near by lakes, ponds and river once a day. *WIP*

* Predators will go out and hunt 2-3 times a day, if you happend to kill a predator and find some sort of animal meat in their inventory, then is very likely that predator has gone out to hunt successfully prior to his death.

* Ambient/Prey animals that search for Flora few times a day.

* Some animals have unique personality, some will be scared when you approach, others wont like it if you approach and may give you a warning before attacking or running away.

* Added few more Bird Flock and Hawks throughout the big forests, in vanilla Skyrim this is an awsome effect which was not used much by Bethesda.

* Animal parents being followed by their cubs, you can encounter mammoths being followed by baby mammoths, Female Horkers being followed by their cubs... Deer and Elk Fawn and Calf, maybe even Bears with their cubs.

* Most animals has been given a boost of their Max Speed like Deers, Elks, Bears, SabreCats, Wolves, etc.

* Animals has been increased/decreased their Acceleration, example Bears will take a little more before achieving their max speed since in Vanilla Skyrim Bears run to their max speed instantly which is of course "BS" and should feel more realistic, the contrary applies to Deer/Elk, SabreCats, Wolves and many more which should achieve their max speed faster.

* Small Critters though all Skyrim, you can encounter small spiders, Roaches, Rats and even Crabs which serve as prey for smaller predators.

* Better Factionalized animals, now there is a chance for predators to attack eachother if encountered, in vanilla Skyrim you would get raped by wolves, bears, sabrecats, spiders and chaurus all at the same time, they acted like if they were a happy predator family... ANNOYING AS HELL, No more.

* More variation to Farm and wild animals.

* Slightly Tweaked some animal Stats.

* Does not causes Save Game Bloat since the mod does not add scripts
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    * Most animals has been given a boost of their Max Speed like Deers, Elks, Bears, SabreCats, Wolves, etc.

* Animals has been increased/decreased their Acceleration, example Bears will take a little more before achieving their max speed since in Vanilla Skyrim Bears run to their max speed instantly which is of course "BS" and should feel more realistic, the contrary applies to Deer/Elk, SabreCats, Wolves and many more which should achieve their max speed faster.
    *shudder* Sounded pretty damn good up until that point. The last thing Skyrim needs is faster sabrecats.

SkyTEST is amazing, but I kept getting crashes at the wolf spawn near Riverwood, so I uninstalled it.

skytest has a lot of issues with the lvlpredator script

it isn't worth the download. it's not realistic, not well written and stresses papyrus way more than it should

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 01:13 PM ----------

Hothtrooper is such a boss. I don't think I've ever seen a non-amazing mod by him.

Another good mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14176

MXR's review which makes it all the more entertaining: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcikk...pORkXw&index=2
    yeah everything he does is high quality. he properly assigns keywords, the designs are great and very "nordic" as far as i can tell and it plays well with skyre, especially now that there is a patcher

only thing about immersive armors is the light sons of skyrim boots are misnamed the light sons of skRyrim boots and they aren't in the leveled list and the reproccer can't assign a material value to them because of the name

if you open IA in the CK they're a variation of the einherjar boots (06) and if you simply fix the name on that armor form it fixes everything

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    SkyTEST is amazing, but I kept getting crashes at the wolf spawn near Riverwood, so I uninstalled it.
    I was considering using SkyTEST but I just love Skyrim Monster Mod way too much. Add on to that all of the addons that other authors have made to monster mod and I don't think you'll need much else.

I'd link the mod but apparently it's undergoing review or something on the nexus.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-12-19 at 06:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wondering for people modding - what do you feel is a right leveling speed? I'm trying to tweak the leveling speed a bit but I am not sure what to aim for. You can reply by using relative locations - for example "level X by the time I exit Bleak Falls Barrow" or "level X by the time I meet the first dragon", etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Just wondering for people modding - what do you feel is a right leveling speed? I'm trying to tweak the leveling speed a bit but I am not sure what to aim for. You can reply by using relative locations - for example "level X by the time I exit Bleak Falls Barrow" or "level X by the time I meet the first dragon", etc.
    Well, I turned it down to roughly 1/5 of vanilla speed. Basically crafting and combat skills now level 5 times slower. And skills that can't be used for fighting, avoiding damage or avoiding combat only give 1/5 exp as well. It didn't really make much sense that these skills leveled you up so fast because they don't help when facing enemies in any way yet they cause enemies to become more powerful. I changed the active combat skills to give more exp to compensate because I didn't want to miss out on the perks. .

It's not perfect but the vanilla leveling speed feels way too fast. You get your main skill to 100 after 1-2 bigger questlines and then are forced to to something else to keep leveling and it also feels a bit wrong that you can become the best smith (ever) in just a few days as well as the best archer, wizard etc. dragonborn or not.

I also tried just removing the level caps so I could level every skill to 300 but that didn't really solve anything. The start was still much too hard and I had to run from almost every bandit and monster and after 30-40 I could kill anything but dragons in 1 hit from sneak. Even in the open or if they spotted me, because of illusion and invisibility. The additional levels just made me even more overpowered and didn't change anything for the better.

I'm in favor of making 1-20 really fast. Like, lv 20 by "The horn of Jurgen Windcaller" From lv 20 onwards your character's build is already fleshed out enough, so I slow it down.