Deleted
    I don't really get what you are talking about. You are talking about SMIM and linking a vid of Realvision ENB ...

wat?

Quote Originally Posted by Cemana View Post
    I don't really get what you are talking about. You are talking about SMIM and linking a vid of Realvision ENB ...

wat?
    i dono either mate trust me.. got no clue about anything xD

But in the video it said "let the loader overwrite all files except SMIM" but i just pressed "yes to all" so did i destroy the SMIM? or what is a SMIM even..? or how do i undo that
    But skyrim won't start now so i guessed it's something importent

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    You can open up the console with " ' ". Then type in "showracemenu". Hit " ' " again to close the console. Adjust hair as needed.

Alternatively, if you like immersion, you can DL a barber shop here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31030/?
    If you have the Dawnguard expansion you can visit the face sculptor in the ratway under Riften. She's in teh Ragged Flagon. I believe she charges you though.

Oh! And the command console! It is a beautiful, beautiful thing: http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Console#Commands.

Also, if you plan on doing a lot of enchanting or soul trapping I really recommend this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5312/? No more wasted soul gems!
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    i dono either mate trust me.. got no clue about anything xD

But in the video it said "let the loader overwrite all files except SMIM" but i just pressed "yes to all" so did i destroy the SMIM? or what is a SMIM even..? or how do i undo that
    But skyrim won't start now so i guessed it's something importent

Well ... let's start again.

There are 2 ways to use Nexus Mod Manager. On the nexus site most mods give you 2 download options : download with manager or download manually.

If you use "download with manager" the NMM will open and start to download the mod, the files of the mod will be stored in a specific folder on your computer. In NMM there are 2 tabs, plugin and mods, forget the plugin tab for the moment and open the mod tab. The mod tab displays a list of small folder with names like "abode" animals" "animations" ... "dungeons" "immersion" ... If you used the "download with manager" option on the nexus site, after a few seconds or minute (depending of the size of the file) you will have a "+1" somewhere in the list, open the folder and you will find the mod you just downloaded with a smal red cross right before its name. The small red cross means the mod is on the computer but not in the game files. To put the mod in the game files you need to activate it, this can be done by a double click or by using the "activate the selected mod" (green arrow). Once it's done the mod is in the game and you can play with it.

Sometimes some mod will ask if you want to replace "X mod" with your new mod files. This is because some mods overlap, oftenly it's texture mods. With texture mods the easiest way is to install the sharpest ones the last so you can just click "replace all" when the installer asks you.

I advise you not to use too many mods when you begin the game, you won't know how to handle them and you will crash your game quickly.

ps : SMIM is just a mod.
    Last edited by mmocb1939ccd9e; 2014-02-26 at 02:21 AM.

Thx for taking your time and write all that but.. Know most of it alrdy http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30936/? Dowloaded all mods listed there i just fked up in the later stages at the 3, A,b,c part

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    If your skyrim doesnt work go through all your mods disable them 1 by 1 until you find the one thats causing it
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Since thereal vision page told me too change my skytimpref file and i don't remember what was there before.. Could anyone type the default "display" part of the thingy?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really confused. Are you trying to install the RealVision ENB or the Static Mesh Improvement Mod?

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend fiddling with ENB's until you are fairly confident installing normal mods. ENB's require a little bit more manual tweeking.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I'm really confused. Are you trying to install the RealVision ENB or the Static Mesh Improvement Mod?

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend fiddling with ENB's until you are fairly confident installing normal mods. ENB's require a little bit more manual tweeking.
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30936/?

Alrdy downloaded and installed all mods there, trying too make it work atm, just reading through the stuff i am at the loadorder part atm

- - - Updated - - -

Tho not home atm but greatful to any help you might wanna provide

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally for load order you want to use BOSS: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6/? .

This will tell you if you need to clean up any mods with a TES5Edit or if there are any compatibility issues/patches you might need to DL for your mods. Its a super important tool.

Wrye Bash is another very useful tool. If you are CTD'ing frequently this will help tell you what mods are "not playing well with others". Then you can either figure out why (usually a version compatibility issue between dependent mods in my experience) and fix the issue.

Deleted
    Thx for taking your time and write all that but.. Know most of it alrdy

Since thereal vision page told me too change my skytimpref file and i don't remember what was there before.. Could anyone type the default "display" part of the thingy?
    If a .ini doesn't work anymore, delete it. The game will create a new and clean one the next time you launch it. It's better to uninstall your realvision ENB before launching the game if you want to create new and clean .ini.

Also if you plan on using Realvision ENB I advise you to use a shorter list of mods compared to the one the creator of the mod gave you, because you're new to modding.

What I would consider the core mod for good visuals with this ENB would be

Skyrim HD 2K Textures - Landscape, Dungeons, Towns, Misc, Riften
    Skyrim Flora Overhaul
    SMIM
    Climates of Tamriel
    Enhanced Lights and FX

Just these 5 and in this order. If prompted "do you want to replace ..." always say "yes to all" except for the 5 files of Skyrim HD 2K Textures where you answer "no".

Then install Realvision and do the .ini tweak manually and the AA and FXAA tweak.

With just these 5 you will go from something like this

to something like this

Also, in the .ini I really really advise you never to modify the "uGridsToLoad" line even if the creator of the mod tels you to do so. You will loose your save if you are new to modding. It's bad ! Really bad ! bad like ... hmm ... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Yeah but that seems too anal retentive. I went full klepto. Steal all the things.
    Dont forget that you can now walk while overburdened. And you even have the sprint shout and mounts (and you can fast travel while on mount).

Seriously, no reason not to pick up every nice pebble on the ground.

Deleted
    Just one quick question about ENBs. Am I the only one who is really bothered by the effect that blurs everything that isn't in your focus (at roughly the same distance as the object in the center of the screen)? I usually turn it off, but it would be nice to have an option to have it enabled to blur only the really distant landscape and not the bandit 10 meters in front of me when I happen to aim at the mountain 2 kilometers behind him?
    Last edited by mmoc3e45b10508; 2014-02-26 at 04:42 PM.

Deleted
    Well, atleast later in the game i tend to cap out vendors with 1 oder 2 items, so i only pick up stuff that is really valuable (or i can use now or later, such as dragonscales and stuff). For the early game, its still way to annoying for me to pick every little item up, so even then i only collect the most valuable bits, since its pretty easy to get a nice chunk of gold going.

On an unrelated note,
    anyone know a mod which enables me to cast spells while having a 2handed weapon equipped? I wanted to try a sort of death knight with Heavy Armor, 2handed weapon and conjuration. After browsing through skyrimneus and google searching, i only found stuff that changes spells into minor powers, or overly complicated ways to bind certain spells to keybinds and be able to cast them without switching, but all mods i found had some drawbacks i didnt really want to put up with.
    So if anyone knows a way please let me know, otherwise i just have to improvise.

dono why it won't start.. well it does start but after that first part that says "bethesta" the game just crash.. i have correct loadorder and done everything the site said.. bah xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cemana View Post
    Snip.
    Yes the game worked with those settings(Thank you <3), so i guess i just clutterd the game up with way too much when i loaded all his list
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2014-02-26 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Ah kk also the game has a 3.1gb ram limit after that it crashs
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    dono why it won't start.. well it does start but after that first part that says "bethesta" the game just crash.. i have correct loadorder and done everything the site said.. bah xD

- - - Updated - - -

Yes the game worked with those settings(Thank you <3), so i guess i just clutterd the game up with way too much when i loaded all his list

Also, like I mentioned, run BOSS and Wrye Bash if you want to know what was causing those crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Ah kk also the game has a 3.1gb ram limit after that it crashs
    This will help with the crashes related to Skyrim not building a big enough memory block: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50305/? .

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    On an unrelated note,
    anyone know a mod which enables me to cast spells while having a 2handed weapon equipped? I wanted to try a sort of death knight with Heavy Armor, 2handed weapon and conjuration. After browsing through skyrimneus and google searching, i only found stuff that changes spells into minor powers, or overly complicated ways to bind certain spells to keybinds and be able to cast them without switching, but all mods i found had some drawbacks i didnt really want to put up with.
    So if anyone knows a way please let me know, otherwise i just have to improvise.
    Not sure, http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43123/? is the closest thing I can think of.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

If i download a armor mod. how do i then get it to my character?
    What does stuff like
    Acquire Instructions:
    Armor and Weapons:
    1. Craft: Everything but the Horse armor is Craftable under the "Leather" section of the forge once you have "Steel Smithing" perk unlocked.
    Mean and how do i do it xD

10+ Year Old Account
    If i download a armor mod. how do i then get it to my character?
    What does stuff like
    Acquire Instructions:
    Armor and Weapons:
    1. Craft: Everything but the Horse armor is Craftable under the "Leather" section of the forge once you have "Steel Smithing" perk unlocked.
    Mean and how do i do it xD
    Generally speaking most mods have some sort of readme or description over at nexus mods that detail the install process, possible conflicts with other mods, and how to access the mods' contents in game.
    "Brevity is...wit"