Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Generally speaking most mods have some sort of readme or description over at nexus mods that detail the install process, possible conflicts with other mods, and how to access the mods' contents in game.
    since i'm like rly just starting with the game i dono what Steel smithing perk is or where i do craftable so xD would be good help if you gave me some direction

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    since i'm like rly just starting with the game i dono what Steel smithing perk is or where i do craftable so xD would be good help if you gave me some direction
    Oh I see...you can get sort of ingame crafting tutorials at the first little village (I can't recall the name) SW of Whiterun (it's the little town you are directed to after fleeing the dragon in the opening sequence). The guy working the forge there will give a little intro into crafting. Steel Smithin perk is a perk in the Smithing Tree in your skills menu. I imagine the mod you d/l has its contents in the Steel section of the crafting UI, but I'm not sure. Check out the Skyrim wiki or just google...they probably have a nice section on Crafting in Skyrim. I use Skyrim Redone so I can't quite remember what the vanilla smithing perks were, but I'm pretty sure Steel Smithing is an early one.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    With armor mods, you first have to make sure they are compatible with your body type (usually either UNP or CBBE) or they will look weird.

If you've done that, and from what you posted above, you basically just need to have the requisite Perk and then go to a Blacksmith to create the items in the Leather section. Its pretty straightforward. Alternatively, if you open up the command console (using " ' "), you can type "help [armor name]", then a list of items should appear. Look for the item number of the armor and you can then manually add it to your inventory by typing in "player.additem [item code] [quantity (usually 1)]".

10+ Year Old Account
    Incidentally...I would maybe try playing Skyrim mostly unmodded for a little while just to get a better feel for the game. You'll have a little more frame of reference when deciding what to mod and what not. Though some mods require a fresh play thru so I guess don't play unmodded too much if you don't want to have to start fresh (most mods don't need new play thrus though, mostly just overhaul mods do).

The one mod above all I'd say do go and get regardless is SkyUI. It is a vastly improved UI for PC (especially for mouse users but even for gamepadders it has some incredibly amazing features). the best part is it will give you a sortable favorites menu, so that you can now have separate favorites lists for magic, armor/weapons, and potions.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Incidentally...I would maybe try playing Skyrim mostly unmodded for a little while just to get a better feel for the game. You'll have a little more frame of reference when deciding what to mod and what not. Though some mods require a fresh play thru so I guess don't play unmodded too much if you don't want to have to start fresh (most mods don't need new play thrus though, mostly just overhaul mods do).

The one mod above all I'd say do go and get regardless is SkyUI. It is a vastly improved UI for PC (especially for mouse users but even for gamepadders it has some incredibly amazing features). the best part is it will give you a sortable favorites menu, so that you can now have separate favorites lists for magic, armor/weapons, and potions.
    So far i have the Ui, better map mod and a few graphic mods, and since i'm made a female char i want some sexy armor so i am then happy how she looks and can just relax and play the game :>
    Since this is like not haveing heirlooms while lvling a toon atm xD want it to be perfect! before i start xD

10+ Year Old Account
    So far i have the Ui, better map mod and a few graphic mods, and since i'm made a female char i want some sexy armor so i am then happy how she looks and can just relax and play the game :>
    Since this is like not haveing heirlooms while lvling a toon atm xD want it to be perfect! before i start xD
    awesome, enjoy. I recently returned to Skyrim a few weeks ago after not having played for about a year. D/L an overhaul mod and some other stuff and got the expansions. New character and I am having a blast. Not like the game lacks for content, but there are some pretty decent quest/new lands mods out there as well. I played thru the Wyrmtooth mod, which is excellent, and have gotten the Falskaar new lands mod but haven't gotten around to exploring it yet. When browsing mods look for highly endorsed.
    "Brevity is...wit"

awesome, enjoy. I recently returned to Skyrim a few weeks ago after not having played for about a year. D/L an overhaul mod and some other stuff and got the expansions. New character and I am having a blast. Not like the game lacks for content, but there are some pretty decent quest/new lands mods out there as well. I played thru the Wyrmtooth mod, which is excellent, and have gotten the Falskaar new lands mod but haven't gotten around to exploring it yet. When browsing mods look for highly endorsed.
    i added some mod called intresting NPC that said it added loads of quests

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.tesgeneral.com/#!waifu/ch1j
    That will help you make a very aesthetically pleasing avatar.

Bad news bro...there is always "just one more mod" that will improve your game. After getting into the modding scene a few months ago I have started over well over a dozen times because as long as I keep looking I keep finding a new mod that will totally change my game. Modding the game can be about as fun as playing it, and I have spent many nights simply modding stuff as opposed to actually playing. So yeah, I would second the notion of not getting TOO caught up in mods because it is a deep dark rabbit hole. ~_^

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    it is a deep dark rabbit hole. ~_^
    So is Steam, but you love it all anyways!
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    So is Steam, but you love it all anyways!
    Steam is the man in the van with candy. My wallet is my metaphorical butt. Right now my wallet is sore...metaphorically. =(

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Steam is the man in the van with candy. My wallet is my metaphorical butt. Right now my wallet is sore...metaphorically. =(
    the gaben always loves me tenderly.....

anyway, i'm not too into modding. i do have one that smooths out faces, so they aren't blocky looking. it's quite nice. i have the alternate start mod too, but i've not been using it.

i have toyed around with lewd mods a little. one was just a nude mod to make werewolves more realistic. the other was slightly more saucy, but it kept breaking and animations were lol worthy.

Deleted
    I don't see the point in adding armors and content to the game when you don't even have played it and don't even know what the vanilla armors look like :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw this thread pop up and might as well write something down.

Ah... Skyrim. It has been fun, but it's time to end it. After a thousand hours, I'm done. I've tried to play this game again recently, got a whole lot of mods installed... but I can't do it. I can't do it son!

Hands down, this is a good game, and it's even better with mods and the official DLCs. At one point I had about 150 mods and an ENB running, I spent most of my time on my Nord warrior, enjoyed every single bit of it. I got to level 72 I believe, was married to a lovely vampire woman named Serana, and had a house both in Windhelm and Solstheim. Spent most of my time exploring, and all the immersion mods made it even better! Ah, fun times.

But my days of Skyrim are over. I tried getting and immersing myself in the game again... but I can't do it. No matter how much I want to... it can't be done.

Farewell Skyrim.

- - - Updated - - -

Not only that, the modding community is nothing but women body mods with tits and arses the size of a mountain, and a whole lot of ENBs. No offense, but thats kinda how I feel, and all those 18+ mods make me sad.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

How'd you marry Serana? She refuses when I try.

Deleted
    You can't marry her without a mod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexinho View Post
    How'd you marry Serana? She refuses when I try.
    Mods are your friend.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

could you Guys suggest some "nearly nothing on" armor? :>
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2014-02-26 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods...ts/?src_cat=54 toggle the show adult files on so you can see them
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Is there a bank or storage of some sort, somewhere?

Deleted
    Is there a bank or storage of some sort, somewhere?
    All the chests, closets and other containers in houses you buy can be used to store stuff safely. The College of Winterhold gives you safe storage in the quarters they assign you when you join. All other containers, bar some exceptions respawn their loot after 30 in game days I think and everything stored in them is lost. If you are new to the game you are probably somewhere around Whiterun where you can buy a fairly cheap house (5000g) after you complete a quest for the Jarl. But in general for now you can sell everything you don't use (pretty much anything that doesn't have a proper noun as name can be sold without regrets).