quick desktop help

no, im not tech savie <quick disclaimer.

windows 7, the bottom right has the time/internet connection/volume. since i have a laptop it also has battery %, i dont know how but my battery meter is gone. anyone know how to get the icon back?
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Isn't it hidden behind the "up-arrow" ?

Else, rightclick on that up-arrow and choose "Properties" the battery icon should be there with a drop down menu next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Isn't it hidden behind the "up-arrow" ?

Else, rightclick on that up-arrow and choose "Properties" the battery icon should be there with a drop down menu next to it.
    i see it there but for some reason its greyed out
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Hm, strange.
    Do you have the adapter plugged in? If so, pull it out and try again.
    If that doesn't work I don't know either.

-edit- Have you tried the "Restore default icon behavior" option?

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Hm, strange.
    Do you have the adapter plugged in? If so, pull it out and try again.
    If that doesn't work I don't know either.

-edit- Have you tried the "Restore default icon behavior" option?
    yeah i tried that, also in dont know what that means with adapter plug in lol

The charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulcher
    I just experienced this today after installing Avast Anti-viral software. My battery icon disappeared and it was not available when I tried to check the box. For a simple solution that took 5 minutes, give this a try. I'm glad it worked.

1. Close all programs, and shut down the laptop.
    2. Remove all power supplies (battery and power cord)
    3. Drain remaining power by pushing the power on button for 30 seconds(while you have no power supply)
    4. Put the battery back in and boot up the computer
    5. Once booted completely, right click the system tray and select properties
    6. The boxes should now all be selectable

I hope this helps someone else who thought all was lost.
    Source

Maybe this helps

thanks ill try it