Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    I run into a troll like once every 50 or so games, and then ONLY because they didn't get position X.
    I know you guys always go "omg so many trolls!" but I haven't really seen any unmotivated "I'm just trying to ruin our day by being a dick" people in a long long time.
    EUNE
    /tenchars.

Anybody here try to make the switch to Dota 2? I play at 1800 elo and I couldn't win against bots, much less players. Dota is a hard game.

Deleted
    I run into a troll like once every 50 or so games, and then ONLY because they didn't get position X.
    I know you guys always go "omg so many trolls!" but I haven't really seen any unmotivated "I'm just trying to ruin our day by being a dick" people in a long long time.
    Likewise to be fair. Just bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    But why would the league system find 5 good players for the opposing team and some bad players on your team so you guys could have an imbalanced patch? To me it just sounds like some of the players on either team could have been a bit out of their league because of how people can get carried in teamgames. It's not really the matchmaking systems fault if they have around the same rating.
    You may be right, but the play level of the players I was matched up with was definitely not comparable to mine. They were making amateurish mistakes, such as *no wards*, *overextending*, *diving without insuring a kill*, *going in a 1v2*.

Here is my critique on the new ranking system. If I remember correctly, in the old system, if u wanted to ignore someone, you NEVER got in a game with them again. But with the league system, that can't be possible right? Only 250,can't afford to do that.. :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    Here is my critique on the new ranking system. If I remember correctly, in the old system, if u wanted to ignore someone, you NEVER got in a game with them again. But with the league system, that can't be possible right? Only 250,can't afford to do that.. :-(
    Leagues do not affect match making. You still get random people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    Well, I think it's only a very, very, very small subset of the trolls who troll purely because of whatever sadistic pleasure they get from it.
    I think most of them actually care about winning. I tend to counter-troll the trolls, which often results in the troll leaving or picking a proper champion.

Riot's always been good at compiling large amounts of data before making decisions like this. Now their data shows that trolling actually increased when they removed the Elo penalty for dodging games.
    The logical conclusion is that trolls want to win and that they don't troll just for the hell of it. They simply troll in order to force their team to pick based on whatever the troll picked.
    Yes, there are not many trolls who do what they do just out of sadism. I got one 35 games ago(Yes, I counted.) and I don't even recall any earlier ones. However, it's those that are really painful. The guys who troll to force picks they want either change to a normal pick when no one is dodging or just dodge themselves when their "trick" fails to work, they are not that much of a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Leagues do not affect match making. You still get random people.
    And the ignore never worked that way, unfortunately. I actually got into matches with people who I already have on ignore more than once. :(

Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    As Axethor already said, Leagues have absolutely no effect on matchmaking.

Also, ignores never affected matchmaking either.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 06:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Yes, there are not many trolls who do what they do just out of sadism. I got one 35 games ago(Yes, I counted.) and I don't even recall any earlier ones. However, it's those that are really painful.
    Problem is, there's no easy way of dealing with those kind of people as there's no logical reason for them to be trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Anybody here try to make the switch to Dota 2? I play at 1800 elo and I couldn't win against bots, much less players. Dota is a hard game.
    Yeah, Dota 2 is a pretty difficult game with a high learning curve at the start. Dota 2 is known for being incredibly unkind to new players.

Just play a bit more and it'll come to you. I haven't gotten anything above 1300-something ELO in LoL, but I've won a lot of PvP matches in Dota 2. It's just about getting used to the game and how it works. They're similar games, but the mechanics and feel are very different.

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    I think I'm starting to hate Singed as much as Grading hates Shaco.
    Luckily, Shaco got nerfed a tiny bit. Still hate him, but now he's starting to go back to all the other champions with bullshit mechanics I hate.
    (I still think whoever made Singed was on crack. Like the champion, ironically.)

Wow, the amount you lose vs the ammount you gain is kinda unfair. Just won 16 first match, then 18 next. Third one i lost and i lost like 27 lp

Deleted
    Just went 38-9 with Trynda in a 5v5, was pretty awesome. I'm pretty new at the game, played less than a week, but I like 3v3 a lot more than 5v5.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Wow, the amount you lose vs the ammount you gain is kinda unfair. Just won 16 first match, then 18 next. Third one i lost and i lost like 27 lp
    Which Division are you in?

There's a problem with many players in Division I in all Leagues. It causes the game to give you less LP than intended.

A fix should be ready soon.

More info here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Lies and slander.

Zefie, Zefie, why Zefie... It actually looks pretty nice, I like it.
    Dun' hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Why does this remind me of Wizard class in a game in one of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai episodes? ^.^
    Sena is mai waifu~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Yeah, Dota 2 is a pretty difficult game with a high learning curve at the start. Dota 2 is known for being incredibly unkind to new players.

Just play a bit more and it'll come to you. I haven't gotten anything above 1300-something ELO in LoL, but I've won a lot of PvP matches in Dota 2. It's just about getting used to the game and how it works. They're similar games, but the mechanics and feel are very different.
    DotA is the most advanced tactical game in the history of mankind. Based purely on skill, there's nothing more competitive in the world of anything.[/copiusamountsofsarcasm]

Weird, totally thought ignore worked like that. Guess I'm just special and never ran into m.
    Man, I thought the leagues were separated pools :-(

meh i will ranked after lp fixes f3

Will be missed ~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okuu View Post
    Sena is mai waifu~~
    Meeeh, I like Yozora moar. D: STEALIN MAH COLOUR CODE ZOMG

Update: Just lost another game after snowballing all my lanes and shutting down the jungler. Took dragon twice and then idiots start throwing the game. Graves focuses support in a 1v3 fight saying he can "kill her," and Nidalee recalls in enemy vision ward even though we have a sight ward there.

I'm tanky olaf, focusing Ezreal and nearly killing him within four seconds just to have the team focus Soraka and jungling Irelia (unfed). After being aced, we fight again, except when the enemy team is out of position, my teammates decided that farm was more important and took the long route around, leaving me alone with two of our tanks/initiators. Annie and Graves meet us after 10 seconds (after I've tanked the ulties of Katarina, Wukong, and Ezreal), and fail to kill absolutely anyone.

We take baron and I ping to go back, but they decide to engage with half hp and get themselves annihilated instantly.

I swear I don't belong in the division of idiots that have no common sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendXV View Post
    Update: Just lost another game after snowballing all my lanes and shutting down the jungler. Took dragon twice and then idiots start throwing the game. Graves focuses support in a 1v3 fight saying he can "kill her," and Nidalee recalls in enemy vision ward even though we have a sight ward there.

I'm tanky olaf, focusing Ezreal and nearly killing him within four seconds just to have the team focus Soraka and jungling Irelia (unfed). After being aced, we fight again, except when the enemy team is out of position, my teammates decided that farm was more important and took the long route around, leaving me alone with two of our tanks/initiators. Annie and Graves meet us after 10 seconds (after I've tanked the ulties of Katarina, Wukong, and Ezreal), and fail to kill absolutely anyone.

We take baron and I ping to go back, but they decide to engage with half hp and get themselves annihilated instantly.

I swear I don't belong in the division of idiots that have no common sense.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-division-tier

As much as people like to counter argue with that, there are many cases where it is impossible to carry a team that refuses to attempt to coordinate, essentially creating a 1v5 or a 2v5.

So no, your argument is invalid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendXV View Post
    As much as people like to counter argue with that, there are many cases where it is impossible to carry a team that refuses to attempt to coordinate, essentially creating a 1v5 or a 2v5.

So no, your argument is invalid.
    Of course it is.