torphias US - Jarvan, Mordekaiser, Morgana, Vladimir, Orianna (well most of the ap casters) and soon leona (prob)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
    Top tier is questionable. I'd say Amumu and Nunu are current Tier 1, with Trundle being Tier 2. But, it detracts from the point. He has a late-game tankydps build, which puts him behind Jarvan/Irelia. Just my opinion though.

Edit: He is amazing at ganking, and chasing down, don't get me wrong. But in my opinion, for tanky DPS to be effective early-mid game, they need Trinity Force as fast as possible, so they can "merge" almost into the role. Getting wriggles puts Trundle (1700g?) behind.
    Tanky DPS isn't defined by Trinity Force. Although I admit Tanky DPS do get it, my Jarvan build NEVER, EVER builds Trinity, and I'm almost always topping kills/assists with minimal deaths, sitting at 200 armor+MR with enough ARP to shred carries. I'm almost an anti carry, but tank.

Yes, Trundle gets put behind in gold buying Wriggles, but you simply cannot compare junglers such as tanks to DPS Junglers. Trundle's late game is incredible, and his ult puts him on par with other tanky dps, as it increases his stats, but with the ganks you can put out, you can easily make 1700g or however much the cost, just via ganking. (400g first blood, 300g normal kill) equates to roughly 4 kills+first blood, or 5 kills and an assist. With the power of Trundle's ganks, he can easily get that much gold.
    Thanks to JustintimeSS for the amazing signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrath View Post
    Tanky DPS isn't defined by Trinity Force. Although I admit Tanky DPS do get it, my Jarvan build NEVER, EVER builds Trinity, and I'm almost always topping kills/assists with minimal deaths, sitting at 200 armor+MR with enough ARP to shred carries. I'm almost an anti carry, but tank.

Yes, Trundle gets put behind in gold buying Wriggles, but you simply cannot compare junglers such as tanks to DPS Junglers. Trundle's late game is incredible, and his ult puts him on par with other tanky dps, as it increases his stats, but with the ganks you can put out, you can easily make 1700g or however much the cost, just via ganking. (400g first blood, 300g normal kill) equates to roughly 4 kills+first blood, or 5 kills and an assist. With the power of Trundle's ganks, he can easily get that much gold.
    Now we're talking possibilities though. I can't see, how a jungler can get that many ganks off in a standard game. May I ask, what elo you are sitting at? Just because, I can't remember (other than games that have just snowballed from level 1) that a jungler can get that many kills in such a short time.

And yes, I know Tanky DPS isn't defined by Trinity Force. However, the current Meta-game in Europe (at least) is dictated by it, as it sets up to allow that tanky DPS role. Building pure Tank, unless you're running something stupid like full ArP runes, in a 21/0/9 or 21/9/0.(by stupid I mean, something not in the ordinary, not saying it's stupid per-say, more like 'unique'

My opinion on Trinity is, it's the best Gold per stat item for mid-game. We're talking around the time where people will have very few defensive items, allowing a tanky-dps to tear through people, or groups of people (Even playing clean up if you miss a fight) It's so strong at this point in the game.

I know, this is personal opinion, which is why there's such diversity in the specs. I like, as Jarvan being able to burst somebody (through Trinity), while still putting out sustained pressure on the carries
    Last edited by mmoc9fada5a631; 2011-07-01 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Clarification

10+ Year Old Account
    Now we're talking possibilities though. I can't see, how a jungler can get that many ganks off in a standard game. May I ask, what elo you are sitting at? Just because, I can't remember (other than games that have just snowballed from level 1) that a jungler can get that many kills in such a short time.

And yes, I know Tanky DPS isn't defined by Trinity Force. However, the current Meta-game in Europe (at least) is dictated by it, as it sets up to allow that tanky DPS role. Building pure Tank, unless you're running something stupid like full ArP runes, in a 21/0/9 or 21/9/0.(by stupid I mean, something not in the ordinary, not saying it's stupid per-say, more like 'unique'

My opinion on Trinity is, it's the best Gold per stat item for mid-game. We're talking around the time where people will have very few defensive items, allowing a tanky-dps to tear through people, or groups of people (Even playing clean up if you miss a fight) It's so strong at this point in the game.

I know, this is personal opinion, which is why there's such diversity in the specs. I like, as Jarvan being able to burst somebody (through Trinity), while still putting out sustained pressure on the carries
    I agree, it is personal opinion in both our arguments.

But with Trinity, I feel that its just not worth it with my setup on Jarvan. On Jarvan, I generally run with 2-4 other guildmates from WoW, and I generally tank. With my runes/masteries setting me up at 25 ARP, and building Ghostblade (on command sprint+ARP), and Black Cleaver (ARP+AD, no point getting LW since I'm not TOO worried when BC in my 3rd item). I sit at roughly 95 FLAT armor penetration, followed by which I build FoN+GA+Aegis, sitting at a healthy 200 Armor and Magic Resist.

My current rating is 1345 or so, but my overall highest is 1407 or something, although it would be higher, I have very few ranked games played, as I'm waiting for S2 to start before I bother any more.

Deleted
    I agree, it is personal opinion in both our arguments.

But with Trinity, I feel that its just not worth it with my setup on Jarvan. On Jarvan, I generally run with 2-4 other guildmates from WoW, and I generally tank. With my runes/masteries setting me up at 25 ARP, and building Ghostblade (on command sprint+ARP), and Black Cleaver (ARP+AD, no point getting LW since I'm not TOO worried when BC in my 3rd item). I sit at roughly 95 FLAT armor penetration, followed by which I build FoN+GA+Aegis, sitting at a healthy 200 Armor and Magic Resist.

My current rating is 1345 or so, but my overall highest is 1407 or something, although it would be higher, I have very few ranked games played, as I'm waiting for S2 to start before I bother any more.
    Yeah, you and me both man. I'm sitting at 1945 currently on EU. But, will try hard next season.The joys of Solo Queue.

My standard build is Merc Treads/Trinity Force/Force of Nature. That's the core, from then on it's either Atmas/Sunfire/GA/Quicksilver/Banshees (If i'm getting stunned before I can initiate onto them)
    Last edited by mmoc9fada5a631; 2011-07-01 at 01:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you and me both man. I'm sitting at 1945 currently on EU. But, will try hard next season.The joys of Solo Queue.

My standard build is Merc Treads/Trinity Force/Force of Nature. That's the core, from then on it's either Atmas/Sunfire/GA/Quicksilver/Banshees (If i'm getting stunned before I can initiate onto them)
    Yeah. I played a few skirms with my 1950 friend (we are US), but thats a different story. You build generally MORE tanky than myself, as I build 3 offensive/3defensive, due to the fact only 1-2 of the guildmates I play with are any good. I usually run with a Sona supporting me, as the two of us are by far the most skilled of our little team, and him and I both synergize incredibly well, hence not building as tanky, and the fact that we depend on myself to do every roll >.>;

Deleted
    Yeah. I played a few skirms with my 1950 friend (we are US), but thats a different story. You build generally MORE tanky than myself, as I build 3 offensive/3defensive, due to the fact only 1-2 of the guildmates I play with are any good. I usually run with a Sona supporting me, as the two of us are by far the most skilled of our little team, and him and I both synergize incredibly well, hence not building as tanky, and the fact that we depend on myself to do every roll >.>;
    I generally get top lane without fail. Self-sustaining myself with a Philostone. I go more defensive because..yeah, it's solo queue, and can't always rely on my team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    EU servers are a joke right now....
    True that, i'm waiting for them to split Europe into 2 regions. If it doesn't fix it after that, then I might pack over to US and just take the lag.

Hello Im Leprosychaun im level 12 US Servers the Characters I like are Veigar Warwick and Dr. Mundo (I don't actually own Warwick but im good with him)

10+ Year Old Account
    Summoner Name: Zarroc504
    Level: 30
    Champions:
    Main: Miss Fortune
    Backup 1: Orianna
    Backup 2: Irelia
    Haven't played for a week or two but I'm mostly waiting for the next season to start up. If you want you can add me to that list and if anyone else wants to you are welcome to add me as well.

You WILL love Fluttershy.

God damn it, Riot! I wait 8 hours just to log in and when i'm let to log in, ''Server busy, try again later''. Now I have to wait another [Insert big number] hours

OT:

Name: Dont want stalkers, thank you.
    I play every champion from time to time but usually I play tanks, especially Nasus, Amumu or Malphite. Been playing right after the game got out of beta.
    Last edited by Poppasan; 2011-07-01 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    God damn it, Riot! I wait 8 hours just to log in and when i'm let to log in, ''Server busy, try again later''. Now I have to wait another [Insert big number] hours

OT:

Name: Dont want stalkers, thank you.
    I play every champion from time to time but usually I play tanks, especially Nasus, Amumu or Malphite. Been playing right after the game got out of beta.
    Stalkers = People adding you to friend list? I hope you don't ever plan on livestreaming.

How do you counter people with extremely high atk speed, like Teemo?

What about tanks that do massive damage, like Udyr?

Udyr doesnt do massive damage? And for high atk speed I guess you could try thornmail, or just focusing Teemo, so squishy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post

Vs rightclickers thornmail, or Frozen heart. Take your pick

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    Mwah, the only thing he offers in terms of defense is 12 armor or something like that.
    Jarvan gives a massive Attack speed increase too his team when he pops his flag, if I remember correctly.

Yupp just checked alot of attackspeed to the team aswell. he ius great for a team.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is hard to answer those questions, it depends on the champion you're playing.

Armor/Magic Resistance (it depends, is it a Infinite Edge Teemo or a Madred Bloodrazor Teemo?)
    If you're tank, I think that Randuin's Omen is the most apropriate counter.

Udyr doesn't do massive damage. I'm afraid someone you play with (or you) is feeding the Udyrs you've met.

You're doing it perfectly from what I've read. Your item build is spot-on, but if you're dominating your lane, I'd say get Trinity before FoN, as it will give you so much more lane dominance. And yeah, I went back and made a new account to play with my Real life friend. I know exactly how hellish those games are. Keep sticking at it though, and you'll be playing with the 30s one day. On my first account, once I hit about level 19-20 I was playing vs 30's and could still win my lane, but that's because I really "got" my char (Malz, who I wrote a huge guide for a few posts up)

If you like Jarvan, keep playing him, because you'll become a monster at 30 with enough practice.

May I ask, if the game drags on, what's your general build against a balanced team? (let's say, a tank, AD carry, 2xAP, Support)
    And also IMO Jarvan shouldn't be building Trinity at all, getting an heart of gold for early HP increase + able to build randuins omen easily with it. And lane dominance is meh since gangs and team fights should be happening around 15mins+ aswell and focusing on building DPS (if you are the only tank) aswell as building tank is going to cost alot of money, money the enemy team tank most likely spends on tank items which might make him a better tank than you. This is my experience from ranked games though.

Fiddlesnarf: level 12 summoner playing on europe (should be west) although I'm not on a whole lot since HoN servers are stable again.

P.S. Account name is Riathy characters I own apart from the one stated: Teemo