10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    3) If you foresee problems coming up, whack one of the minions that is going down at the same pace. This separates their health, letting you get them both if done right.
    Would you mind explaining this point a bit, not sure if I understand it well.

oh and I read the last hitting guide on lolpro, but it is mostly about how to last hit in general and what it is all about, but now about situational stuff.
    Last edited by Snaige; 2013-02-20 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Would you mind explaining this point a bit, not sure if I understand it well.

oh and I read the last hitting guide on lolpro, but it is mostly about how to last hit in general and what it is all about, but now about situational stuff.
    With last hitting the best thing to do is use the "S" key on your keyboard. It stops your champion doing any motions. So when I am in lane I let the minions do the fighting and I sit behind the minions some where in a safe spot where I can move to the minion to last hit or run to my tower should i get ambushed!

What duilliath is on about is two minions on the enemy team are being attacked by your minions but BOTH seem to lose hp at the same rate, hit one of them a couple of times so it dies slightly before the other.

example

minion a: has 50 hp
    minion b: has 50 hp both losing it at the same rate, you do 20 damage per hit. So if you hit minion A once it will perminantly be 20hp lower than minion B meaning you can kill minion a first then move to minion b and finish it off after minion a has died.

hope that helps.

Try playing champions like Annie/Veigar for range champions to last hit (their Q abilities return mana for annie or give + damage to veigars Q)
    Or try nasus as a melee champ to practice your Q as he perminantly games damage to his Q for each minion killed. Playing him gives you OCD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    With last hitting the best thing to do is use the "S" key on your keyboard. It stops your champion doing any motions. So when I am in lane I let the minions do the fighting and I sit behind the minions some where in a safe spot where I can move to the minion to last hit or run to my tower should i get ambushed!
    Just gonna throw this in here: do not sit still in lane, only when you are occupying one of the brushes. [S] does stop your champion from doing anything, but you should not stand still, you should randomly run around the entire time.

10+ Year Old Account

What duilliath is on about is two minions on the enemy team are being attacked by your minions but BOTH seem to lose hp at the same rate, hit one of them a couple of times so it dies slightly before the other.

example

minion a: has 50 hp
    minion b: has 50 hp both losing it at the same rate, you do 20 damage per hit. So if you hit minion A once it will perminantly be 20hp lower than minion B meaning you can kill minion a first then move to minion b and finish it off after minion a has died.

hope that helps.

Try playing champions like Annie/Veigar for range champions to last hit (their Q abilities return mana for annie or give + damage to veigars Q)
    Or try nasus as a melee champ to practice your Q as he perminantly games damage to his Q for each minion killed. Playing him gives you OCD
    Thanks, that was very informative. I wasn't aware of the S key for example O.o

I will try to see how nasus works when he is on a free rotation, to see if I can stop failing with the last hitting bit. All ranged champions don't cause me any problems at all, it is just melee :3

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Thanks, that was very informative. I wasn't aware of the S key for example O.o

I will try to see how nasus works when he is on a free rotation, to see if I can stop failing with the last hitting bit. All ranged champions don't cause me any problems at all, it is just melee :3
    Do you know that you can smartcast abilities by pressing Shift additionally? (e.g Shift + Q). Might help a bit as well.

the only problem you might have with nasus is that he is one of the weaker laners out there and heavily relies on farming his Q to have an impact on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Do you know that you can smartcast abilities by pressing Shift additionally? (e.g Shift + Q). Might help a bit as well.

the only problem you might have with nasus is that he is one of the weaker laners out there and heavily relies on farming his Q to have an impact on the game.
    Or rebind everything to be smartcast without modifiers. Improved my play a TON(thanks Axethor for telling me to just smartcast all the things)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    I really don't recommend using the S key... you're better off moving around all the time and using shift + right click on the unit to attack move. It will move your character towards it at its max autoattack range and then attack no matter what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post

Yush I know about smartcasting, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    I really don't recommend using the S key... you're better off moving around all the time and using shift + right click on the unit to attack move. It will move your character towards it at its max autoattack range and then attack no matter what.
    And how is that different from just rightclicking? Never understood why people went through the trouble of using a modifier to last hit with AAs.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Even when killed 5 times in lane, Akali just keeps coming back. Her kit seems to be so extremely strong. I played against her in multiple matches lately and the Akali, without exception, carries their entire team of baddies every single time. We had top, jungle and bottom lane fed (or at least succesfully ganking), but Akali got a few kills in on our mid. We got destroyed by Akali. I tried to Vi-ult her as often as I could during teamfights, but she just escaped, circled and went back in. It's like ...akaliception.

Worst part is, that their entire team celebrated the victory as if it was a great team effort, but they all sucked, except Akali. That was bitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    Yeah, I dunno what it is tbh. I played Zed vs Akali yesterday and she got -0- kills for the first 25mins, never ahead of me in farm either. I actually got 2 early kills on her, in team fights, she was still doing tremendous amounts of damage and managed to get a triple kill. Wtf? Nothing snowballs as hard as she does besides maybe Fizz, and even then you need quite a few kills to get him going.
    I don't know what happened in those games, but it seems hard to believe. Whenever I play as Akali, every other lane tends to fail and I end up 2x kills to deaths, but it's still impossible to carry them because the enemy team actually works together. I think I haven't seen a team with Akali win for the past 4 times I've seen her. (2x me and 2x enemy team). It's not like she can instakill everyone in range, all you need to do is CC her once she goes in, like with Tryndamere or Yi. She does alot of damage and can reset like Kha'zix, which is one of her strengths. But what do you do with Kha'zix? You kill the bugger before he can do anything. It's the same with Akali, buy an oracles/vision ward and she's as good as dead when she goes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Just gonna throw this in here: do not sit still in lane, only when you are occupying one of the brushes. [S] does stop your champion from doing anything, but you should not stand still, you should randomly run around the entire time.
    ~you dont have to randomly move at all (soemtimes you do but its a judgement thing) randomly running can make you lose CS. again use your judgement. I usually have my lane well warded, and depending on the matchup etc I will either sit still and freeze my lane or move around juke/harass or push. he just wanted info on last hitting I gave this information.

Again use some judgement. Is your opponent in your face? if so move about check the map is anyone missing can you see the jungler? If so back off. If your opponent is missing be cautious get your last hits but if in doubt back off, buy a ward come back to lane and ward one of the entry points to your lane.

If you can see your opponent and your'e not being harassed feel free to sit still and get some cs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    And how is that different from just rightclicking? Never understood why people went through the trouble of using a modifier to last hit with AAs.
    Basically when I don't use shift sometimes I end up missing the creep and have my character move towards it instead of stopping to autoattack...

It's also handy because you can use it on the ground and it will attack the nearest thing to you without having to move your mouse too much.

Deleted
    In essence, its for people who for some reason cant click the actual minion but miss it, in that case you will still move and attack your nearest. Not sure how you can miss said minion though, aside from a local chogath deciding to step right in front of it, thus blocking you (damn you chogath!). Attack move has other good uses though, but like you said, no idea why you should use it for lasthitting :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    In essence, its for people who for some reason cant click the actual minion but miss it, in that case you will still move and attack your nearest. Not sure how you can miss said minion though, aside from a local chogath deciding to step right in front of it, thus blocking you (damn you chogath!). Attack move has other good uses though, but like you said, no idea why you should use it for lasthitting :P
    Its a hidden passive of his. STUPID GIANT MONSTER.

Same with alistar and nunu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or rebind everything to be smartcast without modifiers. Improved my play a TON(thanks Axethor for telling me to just smartcast all the things)
    One caveat: this makes learning Rumble and Viktor very very painful. Other than that, good to go.

Deleted
    ~you dont have to randomly move at all (soemtimes you do but its a judgement thing) randomly running can make you lose CS. again use your judgement. I usually have my lane well warded, and depending on the matchup etc I will either sit still and freeze my lane or move around juke/harass or push. he just wanted info on last hitting I gave this information.

Again use some judgement. Is your opponent in your face? if so move about check the map is anyone missing can you see the jungler? If so back off. If your opponent is missing be cautious get your last hits but if in doubt back off, buy a ward come back to lane and ward one of the entry points to your lane.

If you can see your opponent and your'e not being harassed feel free to sit still and get some cs.
    Random running is not going to lose you any CS and is going to make hitting skillshot harass on you that much harder. If you know that no one is even close to you you can sit still, but other than that it's better not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    One caveat: this makes learning Rumble and Viktor very very painful. Other than that, good to go.
    I played Viktor before starting to smartcast, and that made learning to place Rumble's ult pretty easy as well.(with the correct settings you can just hold down the keybind and use it similar to normalcasting)
    I can definately see how starting to play Viktor/Rumble with smartcasting can be quite a bit harder, though.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Random running is not going to lose you any CS and is going to make hitting skillshot harass on you that much harder. If you know that no one is even close to you you can sit still, but other than that it's better not to.
    Thats why I said use your damn judgement. Also for someone having trouble getting last hits the last thing for them to do is randomly run around when they are missing out on cs. Get them used to last hitting first then work on other moves

I adjust my play a lot, if I need to stand still I will do. If i need to run around I will. It all depends. For a new player trying to get last hits using the S q while theres nothing going on is a good idea.

Deleted
    Thats why I said use your damn judgement. Also for someone having trouble getting last hits the last thing for them to do is randomly run around when they are missing out on cs. Get them used to last hitting first then work on other moves
    But then they'll get used to standing still and will have to relearn how to cs while moving around. Better off learning both things at the same time, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    But then they'll get used to standing still and will have to relearn how to cs while moving around. Better off learning both things at the same time, no?
    Their heads will explode.

But joking aside. its best to get the basics down, its just playing games. I am not saying "NEVER MOVE AROUND EVER" I am saying use your judgement. Is my opponent around? well I have a ward and no ones in the bushes below me and I can see the rest of the team on the map, my minions near my tower so I can safely just sit here and last hit these minions.

Or, my opponents in lane has poked me a bit so i will keep moving about so I am less likely to get poked/skill shotted.

It takes a while to use that judgement though. In a duo lane if your supports got the enemy bush locked down and you have good coverage. Why not just sit back and farm?