Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Just don't pick him against somebody who can easily shove you into your turret or you're screwed. He is a great ganker once he gets his ult, but if they're shoving you to your turret you cant roam and Fiddlesticks sucks at farming under turrets or pushing the lane back out.
    Or against anybody who has a baseline Grievous Wounds or commonly builds Morellonomnomnom, or can replace their usual Athene's with it without it impacting their ability spam too much(Lux, Karma, Orianna etc). So yeah, VERY situational pick, considering nearly all mid champions can either shove really hard or build at least 1 20% CDR item.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    It's a good item but it's a niche pick. It can work in so games, it won't in others.
    I honestly can't come up with a viable setup it wouldn't work against. I might have missed a champ or two or something, so please feel free to come with a couple of examples.

I've played 80 Kassadin ranked games and in all of them, Lich Bane has been a great pick. There might be a few of those games where I haven't built it. But only because the games haven't been long enough, or I've failed miserably and were so far behind, that I had to build other items first and never gotten around to Lich Bane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    I honestly can't come up with a viable setup it wouldn't work against. I might have missed a champ or two or something, so please feel free to come with a couple of examples.

I've played 80 Kassadin ranked games and in all of them, Lich Bane has been a great pick. There might be a few of those games where I haven't built it. But only because the games haven't been long enough, or I've failed miserably and were so far behind, that I had to build other items first and never gotten around to Lich Bane.
    What I meant with niche pick is that sometimes you can't just go in and auto attack someone, especially not in team fights, if you can't do that, the item becomes somewhat crappy, just a little bit. It doesn't get useless in such situations but I find it a niche pick because you won't always be able to just go in and auto attack someone for Lich's proc along with your combo to one shot someone, you know.

I guess it's a good item to snowball early game or if you're fed since it gives you quite the damage and early/mid game is when the item isn't a niche pick since there's low team fights, more roaming on the other team, and you roaming too, giving you more 1v1 and/or 1v2 scenarios, which are better than 5v5 for lich bane atleast.

Concluding: niche pick in teamfights, imo.

But I guess it can work in X division more than it would on Y division since people will be more careless and just go solo during late game, etc.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-07-05 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Question: Is Fiddle mid still viable?
    I once got countered with Fiddle when I picked Vlad. Let me tell you, it was not a pleasant matchup at all.

10+ Year Old Account

kayle ults enemy carry and you are fucked.
    You can't 1 shot enemy carry if he is defended without dying (and he is defended if you don't play against retards) or it's 1v1 (which shouldn't happen if adc knows what he is doing).

Due to short range on your R it's very easy to see where from and where to you are going to blink, thus, Zyra can root your ass you you will get destroyed. Soraka can throw silence as soon as you move in to use R. Well, any kind of CC on you when you try to get to carry will destroy you. I see Kassadin could be able to 1-shot carry only if kassadin is hidden in fog and ambushes before enemy switch to you. But it rarely happens due to wards
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

What I meant with niche pick is that sometimes you can't just go in and auto attack someone, especially not in team fights, if you can't do that, the item becomes somewhat crappy, just a little bit. It doesn't get useless in such situations but I find it a niche pick because you won't always be able to just go in and auto attack someone for Lich's proc along with your combo to one shot someone, you know.
    You're right. You can't always AA someone.
    But if played well, you can always AA someone in teamfights. I often get 3 or more Lich Bane procs off in a single fight, if it's an all-out 5v5 fight.

What I usually do is harass people with Q and E, wait for teamfight to break out and then play assassin like it's meant to be played. Either find a target that's been separated from his team, a target with low HP or if their carry is fed, go for him.
    Hourglass help a ton, making you able to jump into the middle of their team, combo and AA their ADC, hourglass, then jump out (or continue fighting, as the enemies usually retreat, when their carry gets blown up before he gets to do any damage).
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    You're right. You can't always AA someone.
    But if played well, you can always AA someone in teamfights. I often get 3 or more Lich Bane procs off in a single fight, if it's an all-out 5v5 fight.
    If played well yes, even so, you can't always rely your damage on Lich Bane since you can't possibly predict that you will, for sure, auto attack someone during a team fight. Not in every single game atleast.

I'd rather build something other than Lich Bane, like a Rabadon's, RoA or a Seraph, for more damage for your initial combo on whoever you're going to combo. I'd only buy it during late game, around 40 mins or so when I already have my core build or, like I said, if you're fed and you can just roam easily to go one shot every one disabling future team fights, but that relies on snowballing, which doesn't always happen but you know. Also, these things depend on which division you're in so it's all kind of subjective or something.

Deleted

Hehehehehehe I love Dunkey ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    kayle ults enemy carry and you are fucked.
    You can't 1 shot enemy carry if he is defended without dying (and he is defended if you don't play against retards) or it's 1v1 (which shouldn't happen if adc knows what he is doing).
    There's counters.. Of course there are counters. But since there's over 110 champions (can't remember exact number) and Kayle is rarely picked (in Silver and Gold, in my experience) it's not really something to be worried about. I think I've faced her 3 or 4 times as Kassadin. Had no problem with her.

Also, you just called 98% of the people I've played against as Kassadin retarded. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Due to short range on your R it's very easy to see where from and where to you are going to blink, thus, Zyra can root your ass you you will get destroyed. Soraka can throw silence as soon as you move in to use R. Well, any kind of CC on you when you try to get to carry will destroy you. I see Kassadin could be able to 1-shot carry only if kassadin is hidden in fog and ambushes before enemy switch to you. But it rarely happens due to wards
    You really have no idea how hard what you're saying apparently is for people in Silver 1, Gold 1-5, Platinum 5 and 4... I've never really had anything of what you're describing happen to me. At least not for it to be a problem throughout an entire game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really have no idea how hard what you're saying apparently is for people in Silver 1, Gold 1-5, Platinum 5 and 4... I've never really had anything of what you're describing happen to me. At least not for it to be a problem throughout an entire game.
    Well, i play in silver 3 and i protect our carry all the time, especially when enemy has assassins like kassadi, akali, zed, talon, kha. Basically, i save my CC to use it when he jumps on carry, giving him 1 second window to get rid of this assassin. It works great when i play taric (using stun to peel off) or even when i play mid as anivia, i save my stunball to save a carry.
    Sometimes it works, sometimes it is not enough, sometimes carry(and/or team) don't do anything, so he wastes that 1 second and dies anyways.

Maybe i've played enough games against assassins and it's kinda obvious that they wait until initiation and then move in to rape someone. So using you skillshots right on this someone will end up hitting enemy assassin (last time i played support morgana, i could easily catch him right after his alpha-strike lands and he had no chance to escape).
    And about Soraka, i usually play her very aggressive (when i started playing lol i mained her as AP bottom farm) and using silence on enemy when he initiates/moves on gives my team chance to disrupt enemy initiation (by delaying, for example amumus ult when he is still in air because of bandages and carry can move out of ults range), or to disrupt enemy assassin combo (if you silence zed right after his ult, he wastes it and can't unload his burst while exposed to damage). So there is many tricks to defend your carry from assassins.
    But if you are fed, it doesn't matter, because even 1 void sphere can bring him down to 40% health and nothing will save him from second round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I stole a baron today with sapling landing damage from Maokai. Only had a ROA. Enemy jungler said they hope I die IRL afterwards

So I'm preparing for the udyr skin and learning how to top lane with him (personally not attracted to his jungle at all) and I seem to CRUSH everyone I lane against (minus op ppl like elise or kennen or jayce). After laning phase though, I'm Soooo reliant on my teams ability to do stuff it is really discouraging. Am I building him wrong?

I run 9/21/0 with the tenacity, hp, and slow reduction in defense (and the godly 21 defence point which name eludes me atm) and 9 offence for the Arp. Most times I just do scaling Mr blues, armor yellows, and AD quints/reds. Sometimes I run MS / AS but it's rare.

I rush a botrk and if I'm winning get a LW next. If not in get my swiftness boots then LW. This usually ALWAYS let's me crush the laning opponent. Max Tiger and Turtle, one point in bear when I deem nessisary (sometimes I sac the stun for raw tiger power or turtle tankiness). Afterwards I get a zephyr for tenacity, IBG, then look at team. If AP is killing me get a maw, if AD killing me get randuins.

Sorry for wall of txt, but I'm curious, am I doing top udyr wrong? Would love some insight or critique. :-D

I'm pretty sure you should be building significantly more tanky. Some kind of Giant's Belt item fairly early would probably be good, as well as SotAG instead of Zephyr for Tenacity. BotRK, LW and IBG are all good items, but I'm not sure if you should get all of those so early, because you'll be squishy. I'd probably go BotRK, boots upgrade, tanky item, LW and then fill with more tanky stuff and IBG(or possibly Frozen Mallet if they have mostly magical damage).
    Last edited by Tradu; 2013-07-05 at 01:45 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Today my friend stole baron with an ashe arrow. On his first game in over a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stole baron with a Leona ult once,

Deleted
    I stole Baron once....and made a video of it. :

:P

Deleted
    Did I ever tell you about the time I stole Baron.
    With a level 1 Soraka autohit.

Deleted
    I stole Baron once....and made a video of it. :

[video=youtube;syMC3Z1iWEg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syMC3Z1iWEg[video]

:P
    You probably don't know this, along with so so many other people, but if you're going to try and steal a baron with a spear, you're not supposed to run towards baron, you should go the other way to increase the spear's damage to make sure you can actually steal the baron.

That applies for pretty much any target you're spearing. The further you are on impact, the more damage the spear does.

Deleted
    You probably don't know this, along with so so many other people, but if you're going to try and steal a baron with a spear, you're not supposed to run towards baron, you should go the other way to increase the spear's damage to make sure you can actually steal the baron.

That applies for pretty much any target you're spearing. The further you are on impact, the more damage the spear does.
    My goal wasn't to steal baron actually, merely to damage somebody. Yes, I know how to play Nidalee dude, distance is key to damage.

Deleted
    My goal wasn't to steal baron actually, merely to damage somebody. Yes, I know how to play Nidalee dude, distance is key to damage.
    But you kept going forward so I assumed you didn't know.

Lucky you though, since you weren't trying to hit baron....