Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    What I don't understand is when the conversation turns into an argument with evidence on both sides (there is no right or wrong), everyone jumps on me. Reported infractionable but uninfracted material aside, this makes the thread incredibly unwelcoming to outsiders, so you can understand why the same few people post and the thread effectively becomes just for a clique of people.
    Everyone jumps on you because you're the only one who thinks that X is good while the rest of the other, experienced, people think that it isn't. You are called on it, we say why it's better to take X over Y, and yet you still continue to say that X isn't bad and that it's not a bad pick compared to Y.

It also gets annoying because this isn't the first time it happens with you, calling you out on something that is wrong(yes, there's actually a right and wrong here, maybe not but there's a better and a worse)/bad and you still keep on doing it.

It's something I really don't understand from you considering one would expect the inexperienced to follow the experienced's advice followed back by evidence and you know, experience. But I digress because like it was pointed out by Kaelwryn, neither side is willing to change their thinking about X, like clarity. It's your preference, I get that. I just try once and if it doesn't work I don't try a second time because that would be futile.

Anyway, I feel like I'm going way too off topic or something so I'm just going to drop it now. It's making me tired anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    >Playing shit gamemode of shit game.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Is calling someone silly an attack?
    If you wanted to call me silly, you'd've called me silly, as opposed to replying in such a way that could be inferred as an ad hominem because it's a stronger retort. I feel I've not minced words with you, and I hope to expect the same in return.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    If you take a blue buff from Swain then you're no longer considered a human, but rather a heartless devil that burns down orphanages.
    Or Karthus, or later-game Ryze, I suppose....
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    OK, no Silver V's allowed then, instead.
    I was in bronze for the longest time, now I'm in Silver IV. Somehow I never had your problems? Though it might be because I understand there is a slight possibility I might actually be wrong sometimes(Oh, the horror!) and when I am proven to be mistaken I accept it instead of plugging my ears and repeating "I'M RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG!".
    It's more likely that your clique prefers to beat on me than anything else, considering its regularity.
    Bullshit. This is a discussion forum: when you post an idea of yours it is going to be scrutinized in-depth and if it's bad you're going to be called on it. Unfortunately, the ideas you post usually are bad, be it Clarity's superiority to other summoners or the infamous TriforceVlad and ZephyrShyvana.
    Extensive evidence against them, ranging from valuable experience of vastly superior players to in-depth underlying maths breakdown, is given every time and you invariably ignore it. More! You interpret "You're wrong, your idea is bad, and this is why:" as a personal attack(sic!) and pull that card when you get tired of simply ignoring the arguments.

Your ideas do not get attacked because they are yours. They get attacked because they are bad. It's that simple.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-08-01 at 10:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    1) People are not jumping on you. They are jumping on your false premise to prevent false information being spread.
    That would be nice if any false information was being posted.
    There's an opportunity cost to Clarity, which makes it a bad summoner spell: it comes in place of Ignite or Exhaust. It is so far outclassed by those two spells that you are severely hampering your team (which is your main role as Support or AP carry) by taking it.
    We differ in opinion in how far apart those spells are.
    You have said above that Exhaust is a better spell (if I didn't misread, I did skim over some of the posts). That single line means that Clarity is a bad pick.
    I said Exhaust is often taken because high-ranked players min-max their champions. Clarity is closer than the distance claimed by other posters.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

15+ Year Old Account
    If you wanted to call me silly, you'd've called me silly, as opposed to replying in such a way that could be inferred as an ad hominem because it's a stronger retort. I feel I've not minced words with you, and I hope to expect the same in return.
    When you stop acting like everyone's out to get you, then I'll stop calling you a conspiracy theorist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    If you take a blue buff from Swain then you're no longer considered a human, but rather a heartless devil that burns down orphanages.
    Good thing absolutely nobody plays Swain.

what runes should I use for the new YI? I've been building him
    bork->pd->ie->lw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Everyone jumps on you because you're the only one who thinks that X is good while the rest of the other, experienced, people think that it isn't. You are called on it, we say why it's better to take X over Y, and yet you still continue to say that X isn't bad and that it's not a bad pick compared to Y.
    That's because it's true...?

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    It's something I really don't understand from you considering one would expect the inexperienced to follow the experienced's advice followed back by evidence and you know, experience.
    Clearly I'm not someone you expect.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel free to go back through the thread and check out how much heat I get for posting, whilst remaining calm and logical in my own counterarguments that undercut the former arguments easily. I think I've broken into a personal attack once and even that was tenuous.

Also, nice that you'd rather underhandedly attack me personally than continue a conversation. Always nice to see.
    Yes because responding to my arguments with one line of text is calm and logical, and clearly undercuts my points that I made. You offered no counterargument to my argument other than personal opinion, anecdotal evidence, and nitpicking on semantics.

I provided a thought out post about how exhaust was a more powerful spell than clarity, and your responses are as follows:
    Clearly, as no high ELO/tiered players take it.
    Because the unexpected never happens twice.
    You underestimate Clarity. If it was so UP, Riot would buff it.
    And one Armor Penetration's only worth one-and-a-half gold. You cannot judge spells like that whilst the measuing stick is broken.
    which I should note is completely wrong. Based off of Brutalizer (the cheapest item that provides ArP) 1 ArP is worth 133.7 gold. It should be also noted that the entry level items (dagger etc.) are the least efficient way of getting x stat. So the gold/AS comparision to gold/-%AS actually favors the AS a lot, since high costed items are always more efficient than there low tier counterparts.

Simply put again, you ignore arguments that you don't have counterarguments for, you never addressed my point about mana management, and try to turn the argument to something else by stating an opinion as your argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    We differ in opinion in how far apart those spells are.

I said Exhaust is often taken because high-ranked players min-max their champions. Clarity is closer than the distance claimed by other posters.
    You say here they are apart. I concur. That means, logically, one is stronger than the other.

You then say high-ranked players min-max their champions. I concur. I'd add they min-max their team. They do this by picking Exhaust (or Ignite). Logically, this means that out of the two, Exhaust is the stronger choice.

We are in agreement about the premise. We are not in agreement about the conclusion. If something is worse than the alternative... it is simply not a good idea to pick the worse option. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    what runes should I use for the new YI? I've been building him
    bork->pd->ie->lw
    probably straight ad with some lifesteal quints and then i'd go for a shiv first item imo and then the rest of what you said.

Deleted
    Man, im so tired of the blame in league. I've decided, i go by my own, i ignore simply everything. I dont chat, i just imporve my self, and learn from my own mistake. Im so dead tired by the community.

Hello everyone I play league of legends with nice people are any nice people here?

=^_^=

Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    Man, im so tired of the blame in league. I've decided, i go by my own, i ignore simply everything. I dont chat, i just imporve my self, and learn from my own mistake. Im so dead tired by the community.
    I have met some nice people in the community they are not all bad. :O
    Last edited by Inner Universe; 2013-08-01 at 10:52 PM.

I said Exhaust is often taken because high-ranked players min-max their champions.
    I'm pretty sure that what you just said is: "Exhaust is better than Clarity". If they min-max their champions and they never pick Clarity, doesn't that mean it's bad, compared to spells like Ignite, Exhaust and Barrier, which are picked by high-ranked players all the time?

Clarity is closer than the distance claimed by other posters.
    I don't agree with this. But let's assume you're correct in that statement... Does it really matter? The distance is still not negligible. Exhaust, Ignite and Barrier are still better choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    Hello everyone I play league of legends with nice people are any nice people here?

=^_^=
    I'm a terrible person unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    That is my approach to solo Q. I have accepted the fact that there are games that I will lose, but I should always try to see what I did wrong and improve upon it. When people annoy me in chat, I just mute them and never respond. Also playing with friends works really well too.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post

=^_^=

I have met some nice people in the community they are not all bad. :O
    I am a nice person! let's play league of legends and spread love and joy to the community ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I was in bronze for the longest time, now I'm in Silver IV.
    I'm at 99LP Silver 5 after my win tonight, with 15-15 Clarity Sona, 5-5 Utilitywick and 6 games for the other lanes. I win tomorrow, promotion series
    Somehow I never had your problems?
    Well, that's because you're not me.
    "I'M RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG!"
    Misrepresentation of my arguments. As if I need to point this out.
    if it's bad you're going to be called on it.
    Presupposition.
    Extensive evidence against them [...] and you invariably ignore it.
    Simply untrue. I got infracted last time around because I continued to respond to points. That's the complete opposite of ignorance.
    You interpret "You're wrong, your idea is bad, and this is why:" as a personal attack(sic!)
    No, I don't. Again, as you're not me, you don't seem to scrutinise opposing arguments as much as I do.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    That is my approach to solo Q. I have accepted the fact that there are games that I will lose, but I should always try to see what I did wrong and improve upon it. When people annoy me in chat, I just mute them and never respond. Also playing with friends works really well too.
    When I play soloQ I just minimize the client until it's my turn in champion select, pick up something that's not claimed yet and try to never speak unless necessary. Works wonders.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I play soloQ I just minimize the client until it's my turn in champion select, pick up something that's not claimed yet and try to never speak unless necessary. Works wonders.
    Pretty much. I tend to leave champ select open on my second monitor so I can see if people are wanting to trade or something, but not really pay attention until it's my turn to pick.