Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    Hey guys what do you think about homeguard??

i think homeguard either needs to be separate passive you buy from shop or just remove it(but i like HG :/)

the thing about HG is its soooo manditory in late game and you will always ignore other boot passive (i want distortion/15+MS but need HG later on for defence)

anyways if someone could post this on NA i would like to see riot's response (OCE forum is just meh atm with not much red response)
    You can just create a level 1 account on the NA servers to get to participate in the official forums

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Better is subjective, which is effectively explaining my point of my post you quoted.
    This is, arguably, one of the more stupid things I've read this year. (Note: I'm calling this statement stupid, not you).

This leads me to the same conclusion I've had earlier, before I got baited back in, it's pointless having a discussion with you. I am quite sure anyone who read this thread has, by now, had more than enough information to come to their own conclusions about Clarity. Feel free to continue without me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    You can just create a level 1 account on the NA servers to get to participate in the official forums
    Unless that changed recently, you need level 5 to post. Still not a major hassle, but does take a bit more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    Hey guys what do you think about homeguard??

i think homeguard either needs to be separate passive you buy from shop or just remove it(but i like HG :/)

the thing about HG is its soooo manditory in late game and you will always ignore other boot passive (i want distortion/15+MS but need HG later on for defence)

anyways if someone could post this on NA i would like to see riot's response (OCE forum is just meh atm with not much red response)
    yeah homeguard definitely feels mandatory while things like captain/ala/distortion(or fiddlesticks)/furor are like.. if you're fed and don't have to defend.

Deleted
    To be honest, it's worth it to get Distortion instead of Homeguard when you run Flash/TP since it takes a great deal of time off of your teleport and flash if you want to splitpush. Furor isn't so bad either if you're Vayne or something. Makes you even more slippery than you already are lol.

Deleted
    One thing I would like is if you could sell parts of an item instead of being forced to sell the whole item. For example, you have Soccer boots with HG and now you want Distortion. You should be able to sell only the HG upgrade instead of the whole boots.

I really would like if this could happen... :/

Deleted
    So I got one of those "bla bla other summoners have reported you for offensive language bla bla everyone has bad days" warnings. Anyone know what that actually means? Have I gone to the tribunal, have I been reported a bit more often than usual? Other than butthurt kids reporting me without even looking at what they're reporting me for :P (I don't use offensive language, negative attitude at my worst)

10+ Year Old Account
    It means you're generally a neutral/positive player that has had a bad streak. You gathered a couple more reports than usual and this is a warning to tone it down a bit.

Deleted
    I got one of those after an Ezreal reported me for "stealing red buff".
    ...Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    So I got one of those "bla bla other summoners have reported you for offensive language bla bla everyone has bad days" warnings. Anyone know what that actually means? Have I gone to the tribunal, have I been reported a bit more often than usual? Other than butthurt kids reporting me without even looking at what they're reporting me for :P (I don't use offensive language, negative attitude at my worst)
    It means you've been reported an unusually large amount of times over the last xx games. They didn't tell us how many games/reports it needs for a warning. It means you haven't gone to the tribunal right now, and the content of the reports isn't looked at in any way (so if you encounter a couple of groups of premades who all report you for not liking you, it can be skewed). It's just a wake-up call to look back over your last games and figure out if you did anything that breaks the summoners code and realise that if you did, and you continue, it will end up in the tribunal. For people who don't usually get reported but have a sudden streak of rage, this might make them take a break and save them the risk of an official tribunal warning or ban.

If you're sure you did nothing reportable you can ignore it.

I'd just like to point out why Clarity is a bad summoner spell to pick for most, if not all, mid laners.

Clarity is clearly reserved for caster/mage-type champions. These champions require a strong early game to become a real threat come mid-game.

Clarity however cannot give you this as effectively as Ignite would. In fact, it doesn't even come close in its effectivity.

Sure, Clarity gives you mana and allows you to stay on your lane longer, and, perhaps, kill your enemy. However, Ignite can do this better, and that is why you take Ignite over Clarity on your mage champions, because you need a strong early game to have the biggest possible impact on your game.

Up until level 5-9 (depending on the champion that you play) you won't really need Clarity to come out on top in a 1 on 1 in your lane. Clarity cannot confirm kills either. All it does is give you back mana, but what effect does this mana have when all of your spells are already on cooldown anyway, and all you need to do is finish him off? This is where you'll wish you had picked Ignite. It's simply an extra damaging ability, and damage gets you kills. Getting a kill means you get more power over your lane, and free reign to push, and gank.

All Clarity does is give you a boring sustain lane, and gets you to recall too late, because "Hey, I still have mana! Let's stay on my lane a little bit longer!", and eventually makes you fall behind in fights.

That'll be all.
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2013-08-02 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I'd just like to point out why Clarity is a bad summoner spell to pick for most, if not all, mid laners.

Clarity is clearly reserved for caster/mage-type champions. These champions require a strong early game to become a real threat come mid-game.

Clarity however cannot give you this as effectively as Ignite would. In fact, it doesn't even come close in its effectivity.

Sure, Clarity gives you mana and allows you to stay on your lane longer, and, perhaps, kill your enemy. However, Ignite can do this better, and that is why you take Ignite over Clarity on your mage champions, because you need a strong early game to have the biggest possible impact on your game.

Up until level 5-9 (depending on the champion that you play) you won't really need Clarity to come out on top in a 1 on 1 in your lane. Clarity cannot confirm kills either. All it does is give you back mana, but what effect does this mana have when all of your spells are already on cooldown anyway, and all you need to do is finish him off? This is where you'll wish you had picked Ignite. It's simply an extra damaging ability, and damage gets you kills. Getting a kill means you get more power over your lane, and free reign to push, and gank.

All Clarity does is give you a boring sustain lane, and gets you to recall too late, because "Hey, I still have mana! Let's stay on my lane a little bit longer!", and eventually makes you fall behind in fights.

That'll be all.
    Also, a good player won't go oom on a lane if he doesn't want to. Therefore clarity is a waste of a summoner.

Deleted
    Thanks for the answers folks, I genuinely have never done enough to warrant a tribunal actually punishing me, so I guess I may have just gone a bit harder on the trash talking lately :P

15+ Year Old Account

Why does this song work....why? xD

Deleted
    I was bored and decided to check how much of a cheater Twisted Fate is with his dice since the patch. I decided to let minions or bot buddies finish off towers because I was too lazy to track them by paper/my untrustworthy memory.

First game: 1'176 total bonus gold, 265 minions and 24 champions killed. Average bonus gold gained per kill was 4,06 gold.
    Second game: 983 total bonus gold, 231 minions and 15 champions killed. Average bonus gold gained per kill was 3,99 gold.
    Third game: 1'493 total bonus gold, 317 minions and 38 champions killed. Average bonus gold gained per kill was 4,2 gold.
    Fourth game: 1'362 total bonus gold, 309 minions and 30 champions killed. Average bonus gold gained per kill was 4.01 gold.

So on an average I got 4.07 bonus gold per killing blow (5'014 total bonus gold and 1'229 killing blows over the four games). Dunno if I should start doing something more productive or call Twisted Fate an awful cheater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    I was bored and decided to check how much of a cheater Twisted Fate is with his dice since the patch. I decided to let minions or bot buddies finish off towers because I was too lazy to track them by paper/my untrustworthy memory.

First game: 1'176 total bonus gold, 265 minions and 24 champions killed. Average bonus gold gained per kill was 4,06 gold.
    Second game: 983 total bonus gold, 231 minions and 15 champions killed. Average bonus gold gained per kill was 3,99 gold.
    Third game: 1'493 total bonus gold, 317 minions and 38 champions killed. Average bonus gold gained per kill was 4,2 gold.
    Fourth game: 1'362 total bonus gold, 309 minions and 30 champions killed. Average bonus gold gained per kill was 4.01 gold.

So on an average I got 4.07 bonus gold per killing blow (5'014 total bonus gold and 1'229 killing blows over the four games). Dunno if I should start doing something more productive or call Twisted Fate an awful cheater.
    Loaded Dice gives anywhere between 1 and 6 gold upon killing a unit.
    The chances appear to 1/3 for 6 gold, and 1/7.5 for 1 to 5 gold.
    This would mean that the expected value for the amount of gold you get is 1/7.5 + 2/7.5 + 3/7.5 + 4/7.5 + 5/7.5 + 6/3 = 4 gold per kill.

Taken from the LoLwiki. His passive favors rolling 6 gold, but averages to 4.

Question.

Why on earth do you still lose LP when there's a dc on your team? Sure, it could be abused, but why not make it if the teammate has been afk for longer than 10% of the games total duration it would make you lose no LP? or even less LP than a normal loss would be fine.

I'm not saying it's hard to get LP back. Kind of demoralizing though, when you're farming minions in your own base and you know that you can't win a 4v5 because your APC or ADC is the one who DCed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Sure, it could be abused
    You just answered your own question.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    You just answered your own question.
    I'm sure there could be methods of prevention

But meh, it's not a big deal tbh, just the occasional minor inconvenience

Make only the disconnected person lose LP. And perhaps an increased amount than usual.

There, problem solved. As much as it sucks for people who disconnect for real and can't get back into the game, it's still better for that person to get punished than the whole team.

Deleted
    Loaded Dice gives anywhere between 1 and 6 gold upon killing a unit.
    The chances appear to 1/3 for 6 gold, and 1/7.5 for 1 to 5 gold.
    This would mean that the expected value for the amount of gold you get is 1/7.5 + 2/7.5 + 3/7.5 + 4/7.5 + 5/7.5 + 6/3 = 4 gold per kill.

Taken from the LoLwiki. His passive favors rolling 6 gold, but averages to 4.
    Of course I'd have to realize the LoLwiki is ten times faster than me too late.

Owell, bunch of IP I suppose, hoho.