10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Loaded Dice gives anywhere between 1 and 6 gold upon killing a unit.
    The chances appear to 1/3 for 6 gold, and 1/7.5 for 1 to 5 gold.
    This would mean that the expected value for the amount of gold you get is 1/7.5 + 2/7.5 + 3/7.5 + 4/7.5 + 5/7.5 + 6/3 = 4 gold per kill.

Taken from the LoLwiki. His passive favors rolling 6 gold, but averages to 4.
    im pretty sure even the patch notes at the very least hinted at that (higher chance at high gold rather than low)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    im pretty sure even the patch notes at the very least hinted at that (higher chance at high gold rather than low)
    I want to say the exact numbers were in the patch notes. I haven't checked though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Make only the disconnected person lose LP. And perhaps an increased amount than usual.

There, problem solved. As much as it sucks for people who disconnect for real and can't get back into the game, it's still better for that person to get punished than the whole team.
    So now you get bullied out *and* lose LP. Solid solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    Tbh, that's not much higher.

1+6 / 2 = 3.5 (rounded to 4)

I'm just wondering. Do matches have ID's so that Riot employees can look them up?

Just to give some context, let's say you had a game full of assholes, and couldn't enter the lobby after the match to report them, OR you simply couldn't take it anymore and decided to just fuck off and do something else.

How can you even make it known which match you want to report to them other than telling them what champion you played and which players you played with (via LoLKing)?

Just curious. Don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    How is it any different than it is right now? If you get bullied out now, you still lose LP. No matter how you look at it, an AFK or DC'd guy is always being toxic to his team, no matter why he's gone. Making only him/her lose LP seems like a finequick fix, rather than making it even worse on the team, who also has to deal with a 4v5 and a almost guaranteed loss.

The increased LP loss I don't agree with.

Also, who gets bullied out of a game? Especially one in which you can ignore every single player?
    Honestly, if one is being too stupid (in lack of a better word) to be unable to ignore people - especially when there are built-in tools to help you - then it's time to get off of the Internet for good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I'm just wondering. Do matches have ID's so that Riot employees can look them up?

Just to give some context, let's say you had a game full of assholes, and couldn't enter the lobby after the match to report them, OR you simply couldn't take it anymore and decided to just fuck off and do something else.

How can you even make it known which match you want to report to them other than telling them what champion you played and which players you played with (via LoLKing)?

Just curious. Don't know why.
    There's no doubt in my mind that matches have IDs. I currently study Computer Science (starting second year in a month) and have got a fair bit of coding-insight. There's no way LoL would work, without using match IDs of some sort. At least I can't come up with a reasonable way for it to work without it.

EDIT: The ID itself is not viewable in the client, but it's possible to get it from Riot's servers as long as the match is ongoing. quickfind.kassad.in does this.

Look at the following command (taken from aforementioned website), which when run, will start LoL and make you spectate a specific game.
    "C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.0.239\deploy\League of Legends.exe" "8394" "LoLLauncher.exe" "" "spectator 95.172.65.26:8088 CZg2hqXSv7NewKU4pGEZvBy3vjI6bvdQ 991715268 EUW1"
    As you can see, it runs the 'League of Legends.exe' file with a number of parameters. The last one is "spectator 95.172.65.26:8088 CZg2hqXSv7NewKU4pGEZvBy3vjI6bvdQ 991715268 EUW1".
    Telling the client to connect to a server, followed by what I believe to be the match ID (bold part). Then there's some random numbers, which I don't know what are and then a region.
    Last edited by Riboe; 2013-08-02 at 07:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    What I don't understand is when the conversation turns into an argument with evidence on both sides (there is no right or wrong), everyone jumps on me. Reported infractionable but uninfracted material aside, this makes the thread incredibly unwelcoming to outsiders, so you can understand why the same few people post and the thread effectively becomes just for a clique of people..
    Okay, I've been on this thread for a very long time and I've got to throw my 2 cents in now.

I'm a very hard headed person and I do believe you sometimes make a decent point. You can play however you want, even if you always lose as long as you have fun and aren't intentionally screwing people over.

However, you are wrong sometimes too. I am bronze 3 and I accept that I am not very good and don't know much at all. You're silver 5 and seem to usually stick to a "this is what I do" and people bash you for it and instead of saying "this is what I do and I like it, not saying you have to." You go into a whole "this is why it's better"
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Illegal immigration is not a crime.
    Oxymoron.
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    What the actual fuck now, internet? Grow a thicker skin and stop being a whiny faggot.

Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    Okay, I've been on this thread for a very long time and I've got to throw my 2 cents in now.

I'm a very hard headed person and I do believe you sometimes make a decent point. You can play however you want, even if you always lose as long as you have fun and aren't intentionally screwing people over.

However, you are wrong sometimes too. I am bronze 3 and I accept that I am not very good and don't know much at all. You're silver 5 and seem to usually stick to a "this is what I do" and people bash you for it and instead of saying "this is what I do and I like it, not saying you have to." You go into a whole "this is why it's better"
    I love your signature and its relevance to the discussion you've just decided to jump in on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    How is it any different than it is right now? If you get bullied out now, you still lose LP. No matter how you look at it, an AFK or DC'd guy is always being toxic to his team, no matter why he's gone. Making only him/her lose LP seems like a finequick fix, rather than making it even worse on the team, who also has to deal with a 4v5 and a almost guaranteed loss.

The increased LP loss I don't agree with.

Also, who gets bullied out of a game? Especially one in which you can ignore every single player?
    Honestly, if one is being too stupid (in lack of a better word) to be unable to ignore people - especially when there are built-in tools to help you - then it's time to get off of the Internet for good.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no doubt in my mind that matches have IDs. I currently study Computer Science (starting second year in a month) and have got a fair bit of coding-insight. There's no way LoL would work, without using match IDs of some sort. At least I can't come up with a reasonable way for it to work without it.

EDIT: The ID itself is not viewable in the client, but it's possible to get it from Riot's servers as long as the match is ongoing. quickfind.kassad.in does this.

Look at the following command (taken from aforementioned website), which when run, will start LoL and make you spectate a specific game.

As you can see, it runs the 'League of Legends.exe' file with a number of parameters. The last one is "spectator 95.172.65.26:8088 CZg2hqXSv7NewKU4pGEZvBy3vjI6bvdQ 991715268 EUW1".
    Telling the client to connect to a server, followed by what I believe to be the match ID (bold part). Then there's some random numbers, which I don't know what are and then a region.
    Yeah I figured it would be something complicated. So much for making it easier to reference to games in tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Bullied out how? It's not hard to press the ignore-button on people. If people are so soft-skinned that they can't handle people on the internet, then I doubt it'll get any better for them up in the ranks.

I don't think this has been posted here yet: Mercy Vote? (4v5 and the like)

Some guy over at the official forums posted an idea to help deal with 4v5 games and the like.

Basically, the team with more players can /mercy in-game, which starts a mercy vote. If it goes through, the outnumbered team can chose whether or not they want to accept it. If they accept it, they lose the game, but they lose less LP/MMR/whatever than if it had been a normal loss. Whoever left the game or AFK'd is punished harder for the loss than his teammates.

There's a few extra details, like a Mercy counter, which is similar to the four Honor counters on player profiles and stuff like that. There's even mock ups, so go check out the post.

I think it's a pretty cool idea and I really don't see how it could hurt anyone. I know far from everyone will show mercy to outnumbered teams, but I'm convinced that some people will. Hopefully they'll help promote good sportsmanship within the community, which then makes a mercy system even more effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the problem with the whole punish DC harder than non-DC. The situations people cannot control that causes them to disconnect. Obviously it's easy to hate the guy the purposefully goes AFK, but what about the guy whose power just went out? Or people who use Comcast and have had all the connection issues recently? Fact of the matter is Riot can't punish DC players because it doesn't know WHY they DC. That's why some people get leaver buster warnings if they are having connection issues and not intentionally leaving the game.

Also, this would encourage more toxic behavior in a ranked game. I don't know about you, but I don't like being flamed for having a bad game or getting outplayed. Now imagine if you could force that player to leave the game and get a lesser LP penalty. "Just ignore them" is the answer I expect, but it's not that simple. I've lost games because some asshole gets mad at the team trying to help him so we win and ignores everyone and we lose because he lost all that potential communication. Ignoring actually causes more problems than it helps, since now two or more people cannot communicate and potentially win the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Here is the problem with the whole punish DC harder than non-DC. The situations people cannot control that causes them to disconnect. Obviously it's easy to hate the guy the purposefully goes AFK, but what about the guy whose power just went out? Or people who use Comcast and have had all the connection issues recently? Fact of the matter is Riot can't punish DC players because it doesn't know WHY they DC. That's why some people get leaver buster warnings if they are having connection issues and not intentionally leaving the game.
    Circumstances like that don't happen often enough to have a meaningful impact on anyone who plays ranked regularly though (and if they do, why are you playing ranked at all?).

Hey guys I've a question about a bundle in my server due to a team winning a championship i would like the help on numbers =x.

Champions: Lee Sin, Nami, Gragas, Twitch and Kennen
    Skins : Dragon Fist Lee Sin, Koi Nami, Gangster Twitch, Esq. Gragas and M.D. Kennen
    I own : Lee and Skin, Gragas without skin.
    Full price is 4595
    Current is 3272

I just bought 2800 RP and i have 6300 IP and i was wondering what would reduce more the cost, buying Nami or buying Twitch and Kennen. Help guys?

Thanks in advance

If your power goes out enough that the extra LP loss is actually meaningful you should probably find a new game to play. If you have comcast then you should know that there has been problems and common sense should tell you to not play a ranked game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not even about meaningful, it's about pleasing the playerbase. If I was disconnected from a game due to reasons out of my control and received an LP penalty because of it, I would not be very happy. Instead of being 1 or 2 games out of a promo, I could be 3 or 4 depending on how bad the penalty is. That isn't fair to me as a normal player would wouldn't normally leave a game. I'm not the kinda of player to vocalize my anger, but there are plenty who do every day. The official forums already have enough stupid rage threads, no need to add LP penalties to the list of headaches Riot support would have to deal with. And it wouldn't be limited to the unfair ones either, since the actual toxic players would attempt to bullshit their way through the system like they do now with the tribunal bans.

Like I said, it's easy to relate to the 4v5 issue with anger since we have all been there. When you look at the pros and cons from a more objective standpoint that applies to the entire playerbase though, like Riot has to, it's not worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Figoment View Post
    If your power goes out enough that the extra LP loss is actually meaningful you should probably find a new game to play. If you have comcast then you should know that there has been problems and common sense should tell you to not play a ranked game.
    Then people would not even bother to play games like League because of the "what if" say, your computer blows up.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durmindo View Post
    Hey guys I've a question about a bundle in my server due to a team winning a championship i would like the help on numbers =x.

Skins : Dragon Fist Lee Sin, Koi Nami, Gangster Twitch, Esq. Gragas and M.D. Kennen
    Full price is 4595
    Current is 3272

I just bought 2800 RP and i have 6300 IP and i was wondering what would reduce more the cost, buying Nami or buying Twitch and Kennen. Help guys?

Thanks in advance
    Do a check on which is the higher RP cost. The bundle is based on RP price.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    well nami is the newer of all those champs, so id say get her with ip and then the rest with the bundle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durmindo View Post

Full price is 4595
    Current is 3272

Thanks in advance
    Nami will reduce the cost of the bundle the most if you're just buying one champ - she'll also use up all of your IP though. If you could afford both, buying both Twitch and Kennen, would reduce it more than Nami on her own - but will cost you more than 6300IP.

-snip-
    I agree that it sucks for the person who does DC and stuff, but the problem is still on his end. It has nothing to do with the remaining 4 players.

It's just an idea to try to limit the punishment to that one person who does have problems. I'd almost say it sucks more for the rest who didn't have any problems in the first place.