Okay, with Renekton it's something like 50/50, or 60/40 in favor of Renekton, but that's still very good compared to a lot of top laners. And of course he doesn't beat champions like Shyvana, she's FotM right now for a reason.

It's just that people seem to vastly underestimate Garen. He's a pretty tanky champion with quite the respectable damage. He's not as bad as people make him out to be. But that doesn't mean you blindly pick him into anything.

Champions who work against every other champion are usually pretty imbalanced anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garen completely shuts down Riven. His silence prevents her from landing triple Qs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Garen completely shuts down Riven. His silence prevents her from landing triple Qs.
    Then she just triple Qs away everytime instead when she gets to 1 health and lives. And then comes to bot lane and gets a triple kill ala Faker.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Zelly View Post
    Jungle Garen is legit as fuck now that they buffed his E.
    If they make his passive work on monsters, then he will be broken op.
    his ganking will make evryone silience cause it will suck

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Then she just triple Qs away everytime instead when she gets to 1 health and lives. And then comes to bot lane and gets a triple kill ala Faker.
    mmm gona have to agree to disagree garen vs riven is skill match up imo 1st kill decides all

oh hey riven nasus shyv nerf

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/26...7-2013-turrets

shyv nerf only going to hurt jungle shyv imo (i only play her top and none of them were the issue)
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-12-17 at 09:14 PM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    As an ADC I'm pretty happy with the Nasus nerf. Now Nasus actually has to get in range to apply wither, instead of applying it before you could even shoot him.

Deleted
    Anivia 'buff' is a joke. Most of her mana consumption and problems come from the ulti which is super easy to interrupt and drains too much mana.

Not to mention mana reduction is only on higher ranks which most people don't level untill lvls 14-18 and by then teamfights have already started and you should be entering them with 100% mana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    his ganking will make evryone silience cause it will suck
    I played it once so I obviously know what I´m talking about.
    I totally carried that one game yo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or are people not helping with warding since the new warding changes (for the most part)? I get into games with little to no vision mid game and I'm warding yet our support and other teammates forget too or something. Do they not realize you can only place 3 wards per player now?
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'll take a while for the idea that everyone needs to ward to trickle down to lower ELOs. I mean, I played a ranked game and ended up warding more than the support as an ADC using just my trinket.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Is it just me or are people not helping with warding since the new warding changes (for the most part)? I get into games with little to no vision mid game and I'm warding yet our support and other teammates forget too or something. Do they not realize you can only place 3 wards per player now?
    worst scenario support doesnt even buy sightstone league of fog of war
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Meh, dropping jungle for a few days. Bit sick of AP Lulu's oeverextending to mid tower with no wards, getting ganked and going like "we have no jungler". Everyone has a free ward, no one uses it. The logic, it baffles me.

Guess I'll just play farm monster Yasuo top and rape shit lategame.
    Yea. I can't escape. I play support, nobody wards. Jungler can't drop a single ward the whole game. I go jungle, the support just wars his river bush and baron (sometimes).

Then I go "ok fuck this, tired of being the ward bitch, specially with ward limits" so I go top.. Yet I have to buy a shitton of wards again because nobody is using them. And no, the trinket ward on the mide side bush is not a brilliant warding spot during team phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    worst scenario support doesnt even buy sightstone league of fog of war
    Just played Lux support, I don't care what anyone says, Sightstone is a requirement on any support with the new changes so you can the Oracle's Lens. Lux support actually scales quite well, had a Shyvana that kept trying to dive Jinx and I had my snare, Frost Queen active, and Twin Shadows (but I usually used that for something else) and she couldn't touch her. I quite like Lux support to be honest, lots of utility and does a fair amount of damage, maxing her shield early isn't bad either.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Just want to tell you a story about my recent game, so we can forget about this troll comments.

I was renekton vs jax top, and I got kinda fed in the start because this jax, well. Lets say he just bought him (or something).
    Meanwhile my mid and bot feeds like crazy, and I'm just like - shit, gotta carry this son!
    So their trist got about 7 kills and I just decide to start roaming, getting some towers down after I got my down and pushed the lane all the way. Got down mid, then bot. GG yo, right? Well, my team decided that focusing their shyvanna is awesome, as she's a dragon, and dragons drops epics.

So I just chase trist and he runs, and runs, and jumps, then run some more. So my team actually manage to win teamfight after teamfight with nooo focus what so ever.

Some times I'm just so amazed about how a team can do so many mistakes, and still manage to get the shit trough and win a game. Even when we where 15-4 (I had 4 kills).

Moral of the story, dont ragequit. It will get sorted out if you keep focusing on winning and going for objectives.

Thanks for reading, peace.
    Had the same, except we still got stomped in teamfights as they were just a little too fed
    Ah well. Crocodile still ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I finally played for the first time in over a year. Feels good, man. First I tried Draven for the Dravirst time. Did horribly. Then I played my very first ARAM. I got Ori, cool. I did even worse, ending like 2/17. Then I played Ziggs who I'm actually pretty good with. 10/2 not bad. Finally I was Voli support. I got my Sivir so fed she just steamrolled them. All in all it's nice to be back.

So... first time I thought it was a fluke, but it's just worked over and over and over... Yorick is the best top laner to go against aggressive top laners like Riven.

I dove her THREE times in the first 10 mins and killed her all three times, dying to tower on two of them and the third resulted in a ridiculously long chase from Vi in which their mid lane Kat got me.

Then, I killed Riven 1v2 and Vi just ran because I was just stomping people with my vamp scepter and manamune at this point. I chased into tower range then backed out after a tower shot and apparently she ulted me thinking I was actually diving her and I killed her too. Now, I'm like a third health and trying to take the tower when the ASHE comes up from nowhere and tries to 1v1 me. I barely got her despite me being at 1/3 health and her full. Now, it's just stomping time. I get a Ravenous Hydra, Ninja Tabi and a Phage at this point. I actually pull EVERY CC on me because I can two hit people at this point (I'm not kidding... Annie stun into Ashe Arrow into Vi ult into Riven W into Riven Q) but the rest of my team (middlesticks OP?) cleans them up as I die. Eventually I finish my Triforce and start my Spirit Visage. They're all fighting at Dragon. I go and I literally one shot Ashe with a Q. I'm not even kidding. I one shot her. Clean up the fight, get Dragon and get the 2nd mid turret. I finish my spirit visage at this point and I go and SOLO BARON. As a level 16 Yorick. Didn't even ult.

It just got more and more ridiculous as it went on. At 15 minutes I could 1v2... at 25 I could 1v3... at 30 I could 1v4. I ended 22/9. My lane opponent Riven? 2/15.

Don't people complain about Riven... like a lot? And why is Yorick getting next to no play? Sure, I suppose he falls off late but he is quite possibly the best at laning in top lane of any champion right now. I literally see 0 ways he can lose a top lane, unless it's a Nasus farming off his ghouls.

Yorick is pretty much the definition of anti-fun. Granted i like to take him against Garen sometimes myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    So... first time I thought it was a fluke, but it's just worked over and over and over... Yorick is the best top laner to go against aggressive top laners like Riven.

I dove her THREE times in the first 10 mins and killed her all three times, dying to tower on two of them and the third resulted in a ridiculously long chase from Vi in which their mid lane Kat got me.

Then, I killed Riven 1v2 and Vi just ran because I was just stomping people with my vamp scepter and manamune at this point. I chased into tower range then backed out after a tower shot and apparently she ulted me thinking I was actually diving her and I killed her too. Now, I'm like a third health and trying to take the tower when the ASHE comes up from nowhere and tries to 1v1 me. I barely got her despite me being at 1/3 health and her full. Now, it's just stomping time. I get a Ravenous Hydra, Ninja Tabi and a Phage at this point. I actually pull EVERY CC on me because I can two hit people at this point (I'm not kidding... Annie stun into Ashe Arrow into Vi ult into Riven W into Riven Q) but the rest of my team (middlesticks OP?) cleans them up as I die. Eventually I finish my Triforce and start my Spirit Visage. They're all fighting at Dragon. I go and I literally one shot Ashe with a Q. I'm not even kidding. I one shot her. Clean up the fight, get Dragon and get the 2nd mid turret. I finish my spirit visage at this point and I go and SOLO BARON. As a level 16 Yorick. Didn't even ult.

It just got more and more ridiculous as it went on. At 15 minutes I could 1v2... at 25 I could 1v3... at 30 I could 1v4. I ended 22/9. My lane opponent Riven? 2/15.

Don't people complain about Riven... like a lot? And why is Yorick getting next to no play? Sure, I suppose he falls off late but he is quite possibly the best at laning in top lane of any champion right now. I literally see 0 ways he can lose a top lane, unless it's a Nasus farming off his ghouls.
    Riven ended at 2-15 and you seriously believe that was a legit top match up that you'll get often in games?

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Riven ended at 2-15 and you seriously believe that was a legit top match up that you'll get often in games?
    I've played at least 5 Yorick v Riven games. Riven never goes positive K/D. She finished even once I think. Most of my Yorick games (the exception being one where the rest of the team lost horrifically) end with me carrying my team by erasing one (or both) of their carries.

He has sustain/harass built into his E and it's unavoidable. He has harass/chase in his W and it's nearly unavoidable. He has a strong AA modifier that increases his speed like a Phage would in his Q. His ult essentially makes him able to finish a kill in a teamfight or bait an over-commitment from his lane opponent.

I don't get it? As riven you just dump your shit on him, stunning and killing all his ghouls automatically with your aoe (and gettin' sum gold for it too), then walk away, return dump your shit again, repeat until he runs out of pots and mana, and he's dead. Unless riven is sitting there taking ghoul after ghoul to the face without returning the favour then I don't see how she could lose. She'd have to fight for it maybe, but it wouldn't be autolose the way you're implying.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    I sense that playing Yasuo at high latency is BAD idea. Couldn't use ult at all. I use knock-up > ult unavaliable > spam the shit out of R button > enemy lands, nothing happens. Two games in a row, what the fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.