Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I enjoy playing Taric when my wife plays Kalista, the damage proc from coop attack is so strong that single rank 2 stun is enough to eat away 70% of health from enemy ADC.
    But when i play alone as ADC, i'm very frustrated to see heroes like Thresh, Leona or Blitz, they seem to not understand that if they have opportunity to initiate, it doesn't mean that they should do that. Grabbing enemy full health and mana Leona = bad. Flash-zenith'ing into enemy ADC leaving your ADC with Braum on his face = bad. Initiating when enemy has 6 ranged minions + 1 siege one = bad. Not moving back when your river is not warded but for some reason enemy moves on to you while sitting and half health/mana without concerning to do damage/dodge shit = bad (tip: you are getting ganked). And so on. You can't expect that your ADC is going to see your opportunity to flash-forward-and-jump-in, quit last hitting this huge creep wave, aggro creep wave and run these 1500 units towards you and 700 more to adctually be in range with enemy target of importance

- - - Updated - - -

I think relic shield should scale up with the pace of the game so you end up 1-shotting melee minions at late game, it would be great QoL change.
    That's a problem I has sometimes when I started playing support more, and I think picking up some ADCs has helped me rectify it. Map awareness and all that. Also seeing the stupid things people do makes me cringe hard and try and not do that.

I see people do that in normals (or ranked) and then they get pissed at the ADC or jungler when they're sitting under the turret getting wailed on by three people. Like, no, there's a time and place for that, and where you are is currently not where it's at.

I love playing with a Kalista. The stun from her ult lasts long enough for me to plop down mine for a huge stun chain, it's fabulous how much damage she can pump out with that.

I would love that change. As it is, I feel the shield becomes pretty much useless aside from the active at certain points.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    Oh yeah, I agree. I play jungle and top mostly when I solo or duo, but I main support in our ranked 5s (so I may perhaps be a bit biased). There are times when I tower dive to allow my ADC or another teammate to gain 2 or 3 kills and come out with either a sliver of health or die in the process (I try my best not to).

I'm a Leona main, I understand that feeling. I play a little too aggressively sometimes, purely because I'm Leona and anyone who comes near me is my bitch. I was playing with my ADC in practice normals and I surprised him with something he told me afterwards he'd never seen anyone do before. That game, we'd laned against a Caitlyn/Blitzcrank, and the enemy Elise was ganking. We were pushed back under turret and the Blitz threw out the hand to grab him. I saw it and flashed into it to save him, and yelled, "Follow up!" over Skype. After the pull, I threw out an E to Caitlyn and proceeded to stunlock her and pop my ult. One of the best triple assists I've ever had.

I know things like that are hard to do in solo and duo queue, but I think with flashy and tanky champion supports like that, it becomes easier to carry the game in your own way, especially since ADCs are (theoretically) better at higher elos and able to understand when their support is going to engage. I do think that all roles lose a little something in soloqueue. I feel it myself when I play with and without friends - it's why I rarely ever do soloqueue.
    Just started out a game going 12/1 as kat support (Which started with a 5 min pseudo quadra) after 2 other joke picked. Got yelled at when I took 2 CS, by the adc who didn't group once and overall ended up doing nothing all game. And still when push came to shove I couldn't turn the game back around when things started going badly. To be fair I was kat support, and we were down basically 2 people from 20 on, but still felt helpless very quick whereas my top/mid laners still did damage/took damage while having less kills because they got correct itemization.

Although I will admit I just hate bot lane, since it always seems like I get paired against a duo queue of master tier vs my bronze partner. Plus in team fights I find neither to be that fun unless it is early - mid game (support) or late game (adc)

Or when you play a tanky initiator support (Thresh, Leona), but never really play aggressive because they might have Graves and Morgana on their team. And the ADC rages at you for never going in, then you try to explain to them that if I go in I would die in an instant in a binding + full burst from Graves, or Draaaaaaaven, or any other bursty early dmg ADC.

The life of a support isnt easy, and that is why I love the mute button.

Also roaming is lovely if your ADC is a prick. Just roam to mid a couple of times, they never expect it, and get off a 3v1 (with mid, jungle and you vs their mid) fight that gives an easy kill. Early mobi boots and sighstone is your friend here (So you can ward for your ADC atleast), but prepare for a shit storm of complaints from your ADC that thinks you are his personal guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Yeah, early roaming is essential.

Speaking of wards, I find it... Horrid that people in lower elos leave the entirety of warding up to the support. When I was starting out (I still see it from time to time), I've seen people flip on me or whomever was support for there being no wards... But they have 3 wards and a pink down already. It's not only the supports job, I buy regular and pink wards all the time when I'm top or mid lane (especially if the enemy has Akali or Twitch).

All in all, soloqueue ADCs seem to be assholes for little to no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    OMG RIOT I LOVE YOU
    I bought that skin for myself because I love Kayle.
    Right after I Mystery Gift a friend that same skin.

Rito giveth and Rito taketh away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting to see power moved from Ahris' E and DFG synergy into other things, Q boosting her MS is interesting change.

And i don't like Rivens' change to Q, her burst is already out of control in late game, adding even more of it and boosting her early game dueling (which she excels at) while still being mana-less champion with spammable abilities and great wave clear - well, i hope they will rethink their decision or compensate this buff by nerfing her ultimate AD boost
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-01-17 at 07:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting to see power moved from Ahris' E and DFG synergy into other things, Q boosting her MS is interesting change.

And i don't like Rivens' change to Q, her burst is already out of control in late game, adding even more of it and boosting her early game dueling (which she excels at) while still being mana-less champion with spammable abilities and great wave clear - well, i hope they will rethink their decision or compensate this buff by nerfing her ultimate AD boost
    By removing DFG they're it's most definitely going to make her a much stronger laner since she's going to get buffs to compensate... I only just realized this now.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru Laghima View Post
    By removing DFG they're it's most definitely going to make her a much stronger laner since she's going to get buffs to compensate... I only just realized this now.
    I'm glad that it's not "now she deals 10% more damage!" buffs, but actually interesting ones that improve her gameplay
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The changes to Riven are almost definitely so they can implement some nerfs. The changes to Q made it so it the top Riven players don't do way more damage than the average player, that way they don't make her too weak in low elo but can still nerf her in high elo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    The changes to Riven are almost definitely so they can implement some nerfs. The changes to Q made it so it the top Riven players don't do way more damage than the average player, that way they don't make her too weak in low elo but can still nerf her in high elo.
    I still bet that these changes are either fake, or unwanted or unexpected. They just couldn't allow this to pass without nerfs, now any single person can play Riven like pros do (yes, animation canceling is a hard thing and better you are (read: higher your APM) - faster you can do this)

10+ Year Old Account
    They're a result of the changes to the overlap in CC. Meddler confirmed that. They're looking into seeing what they're gonna do with it.

I just started playing League of Legends and I am being horribly murdered. Sure, my team mostly wins the time but I die like 50% of the time. Which is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Randoman01 View Post
    I just started playing League of Legends and I am being horribly murdered. Sure, my team mostly wins the time but I die like 50% of the time. Which is disappointing.
    Takes practice And it is really hard the early levels, because many people make "smurfs" (lvl 30 ranked people, who make a new account and slaughter new players, because it makes them feel good). But try to hang in there, at 30 you can get into your own rank, and work your self up
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Takes practice And it is really hard the early levels, because many people make "smurfs" (lvl 30 ranked people, who make a new account and slaughter new players, because it makes them feel good). But try to hang in there, at 30 you can get into your own rank, and work your self up
    Thank you very much. I have been watching some matches on youtube and even TBs WTF is LOL. SO that might help me out in the future. I feel bad for letting my team down on LOL.

Thank you very much. I have been watching some matches on youtube and even TBs WTF is LOL. SO that might help me out in the future. I feel bad for letting my team down on LOL.
    Keep in mind that his WTF is... is quite old(he mentioned possibly redoing it at some point), so some(a lot?) of the things he mentioned might not necessarily be true anymore.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I would advise watching some streamers on twitch if you are looking for ideas. I credit Scarra a lot for getting where I am today, he just gave so much little pieces of advice that made me a much better player. For now, just focus on hitting 30, ignore people who scream or whine at you. You are new, you don't know the game as well as older players (Which is how every game works). You haven't done anything wrong. At 30 try to work on basic stuff until you get the hang of each and can start to try and work them all together. Spend games (Any type on summoners rift AI, real players, solo game) just practicing farming. Once you spend a few games focusing on that, focus on map awareness/warding. Finally focusing on doing well in lane, IE try to be a bit aggressive, test when you can get kills and when you cant. Once you have done all this try some games focusing on one, but using the others as often as you can, eventually you should be able to do all 3 at the same time.

As far as item building/champ selecting goes I would advise looking on various sites for ideas and strats. This goes for runes/masteries too. Don't waste early IP on champs, save it all up and just use free champs til 30, then when you know which ones you like buy them. Also you can ask anything here and I am sure people will be more willing to answer any questions you have. Time is the best way to get better at this game, and patience to level 30 is all that is required to get to a spot where you can better yourself. This game is really fun and rewarding once you get better and some of the games/champs make this game by themselves sometimes.

Yeah, being good at last hitting is really important, 2 waves is the same gold as a kill (or something close to that). So if you are a lot better at farming than your lane opponent, you will automatically get ahead of him in time. Though, if you are smart you will spend most of that gold on wards in the start, so you don't get ganked (their jungler or other laner comming up to kill you), you can most likely find some video guides on where the best warding spots are.
    And when you are good at farming and keeping an eye on the minimap, you can start focusing on being more aggressive. The reason I believe getting those two things in order first, is that when I got my second lvl 30 account I noticed that people really suck at farming and have about zero map awareness, making it easy to gank other lanes.

A good way to gank a lane, is to push in your lane to the turret, so your lane opponent is forced to 1: stay there and last hit creeps under the turret or 2: come after you and lose a wave worth of gold. In both cases you win (Well, you win the 1. case if you can force a summoner/get a kill on the lane you gank).

I don't know any good streamers/youtubers to watch to get better, I mostly watch the fun ones (SivHD, Spazie etc), but there is a million of them so shouldn't be a problem.

Other than that you must just survive the sea of complaints you will get on the road while you are practicing. Just don't jump into ranked the second you get 30 Do a bunch of normals first, to learn 2-3 roles/lanes, so you can be a bit diverse in the champion select, there is too many who can only play one role/lane.. (or they say they do).

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, you don't need all your attention to last hit. And know your movement speed and know how pathing works around standing still minions, range and shit to normally last hit, try to not be in range of enemy spells 24/7 and you'll be fine

So, does anyone know of any good videos, articles, guides to help me get better at League of Legends?

So, does anyone know of any good videos, articles, guides to help me get better at League of Legends?
    Some good youtube channels to watch are: Stonewall (does jungling mainly), Foxdrop (Jungling aswell, allthough he posts a lot of general guide videos), Gbay99 (mainly "psychological videos") and Scarra (He's really informative when he streams/does youtube videos).

Other than that just watch the LCS, read up on champion guides (not just your own champion, but your lane opponent aswell, so you know how they'll play against you).