Thank god for that Kalista nerf. 25% lunge distance backwards was retarded to begin with, so i'm glad it's going away.

That is a good change. A Kalista with red buff was literally impossible to catch as a melee that doesnt have infinite gap closers

Kalista with attack speed always sounded dumb to me, even before release. I mean, there's no cooldown on the dash, so how are you supposed to catch that, if you don't have a stun ever 2 seconds or some gap-closer just as often?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saichotick View Post
    tl;dr - apparently shop buttons = anti christ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eanirae View Post
    Kalista with attack speed always sounded dumb to me, even before release. I mean, there's no cooldown on the dash, so how are you supposed to catch that, if you don't have a stun ever 2 seconds or some gap-closer just as often?
    the passive is rly just too strong imo, assasins is rly the only thing that might get her, but they're out of the meta (cinderhulk too stronk)

her E already works RLY well with Hurricane for teamfight and just taking 2-3 persons down at once since most of her dmg comes from rend and not auto-attacks, she can even go quicksilver or cleanse for even more survival

best bet is to burst her down or hard cc her, just focus her

i like that she's getting a nerf for her passive, but i'm not sure how well it's going to work

anyway, what do you all think of Righteous Glory? i've started picking it up on pretty much any jungler champion i'm playing atm
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2015-05-09 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    anyway, what do you all think of Righteous Glory? i've started picking it up on pretty much any jungler champion i'm playing atm
    Its good for people that need close initiates not necessarily just junglers. Annie support for example it can be very strong because it quickly gets you into range to do your engage

I've found it useful on a variety of tanks/bruisers, no matter the lane. Using the aforementioned Kalista problem, Righteous Glory helps get into range to get a stun or something as someone like Taric, Udyr, Volibear, etc. I really like it on Sejuani as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Its good for people that need close initiates not necessarily just junglers. Annie support for example it can be very strong because it quickly gets you into range to do your engage
    i play jungler whenever i can, so haven't had much time to use it anywhere else, but yea, i woud prob pick it up on support / top, but i think i would much rather have the coin as support
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2015-05-09 at 01:55 PM.

i play jungler whenever i can, so haven't had much time to use it anywhere else, but yea, i woud prob pick it up on support / top, but i think i would much rather have the coin as support
    Well on Annie the spellblade thingy is rather nice, as she got such a long range on her auto attacks, so easy cash. And she don't mind some tankyness when she have to go in so close for those ult stuns
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Well on Annie the spellblade thingy is rather nice, as she got such a long range on her auto attacks, so easy cash. And she don't mind some tankyness when she have to go in so close for those ult stuns
    her range is getting nerfed soon tho

her range is getting nerfed soon tho
    About time tbh, her lane poke is so sick with that range.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Zz'rot portal on my tanks
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    i've never actually used it, having a hard time finding a good use for it other than the stats on it

10+ Year Old Account
    i've never actually used it, having a hard time finding a good use for it other than the stats on it
    So long as you ensure fighting happens in lanes it's great, the active is just win-more.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Zz'rot portal on my whole team. Fun mode - engage! *enemy tower was destroyed*
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I know there are certain places to put it, but you really have to keep the enemy away from finding it. Otherwise, they're just going to kill it right after you put it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I prefer Zz'rot portal on my whole team. Fun mode - engage! *enemy tower was destroyed*
    Reminds me of a video a friends sent me a few weeks ago. Some Youtube streamer had done a Portal/Banner thing with it on all 5 players, they locked minions into the base where they spawned and just let them zerg rush the base. Thought it was pretty hilarious.

So long as you ensure fighting happens in lanes it's great, the active is just win-more.
    Honestly, calling it great is stretching the truth as it's really not a very good item.

It's a "fun item" or could be used in some form of cheese strat/very specific niche, but outside of that it's far from optimal; nor something you'd want to pick as your goto item for tanks. Fun in normals or doing some cheese strat for sure, but as a serious item for tanks or in ranked, it's very far from what you'd want as a goto item/build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you imply that "cheese" strats are not serious? Having at least two portals on two characters with decent defense melt towers really fast, it allows you to capitalize on enemy greediness and/or inexperience. For example, you are behind and do not want to teamfight - drop a portal near the lane enemy will have to choose either eventually lose tower or go back and deal with portal, giving you time to win teamfight (4v5) or take objective, or enemy ignores it and you take tower. I love to have it on offlaner like Shen, because i can drop it on lane after splitpushing and immediately get into a teamfight.

There is simply not that much items that give you both armour and MR, iirc, it's GA and the portal, so you do not have much of a choice for your 3rd-4th item when you need defense on a offlaner
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-05-11 at 07:49 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Do you imply that "cheese" strats are not serious?
    Kind of, yes. They often will not work unless the enemy is caught off guard/does not expect it. And once they have worked it out, it can be easily countered or dealt with. There's a good reason why competitively cheese strats are very rare nowdays; too high-risk for the reward trade-off. The same could be said about why the item isn't bought in competitive too. Although, you could argue that competitive is irrelevant to solo play (and admittedly my watching of competitive has been limited lately), so...

As for the actual item: The portal would be good if it did more, however the damage on the spawns is pretty poor to effectively split-push with it. The combination of MR/Armor could also be better spent on other tanking items opposed to this one. The lack of HP is a big thing too and not to be underrated. Essentially all this item does is give a weak bonus to split-pushing while providing an average amount of tanking stats considering the gold investment. And this is while split-pushing as a strategy is significantly weaker than it was last season due to numerous game changes (not to say it's an irrelevant strategy). Because of this, the item isn't really good outside of this specific niche/cheese strat, and even in this niche it isn't too great at it either.

It's just gold that could be better spent on other better defensive, or even offensive items; not trying to mix between the two and being fairly poor at both considering the gold cost. I understand that there aren't many items that give you both armor/MR, but it doesn't mean that the item with both of these stats will be the best usage of your gold.

In theory, the item could be great, if it effectively did what it's meant to for a decent gold cost. But it's highly priced, doesn't give the best defensive stats for the gold-spent, and the offensive pushing isn't good either (which can also be shown by your "having at least two portals", in that case it's 5.6k gold your team has spent just to make the item effective at what it's intended for).

Overall, it's a pretty poor item unless some changes are made to it. It can be used in rare circumstances; but even then I personally don't think it's worth it being your goto item, nor calling it great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many things do not work unless the enemy is caught off guard and doesn't expect it, like, ganks. Cheese strats are basically all-ins, if enemy reacted properly to it, you lost, you put yourself way behind by investing into cheese to recover from it. Or do you want to use the word gimmick? Then yes, i agree, but almost 90% of the whole game are "gimmick" in eyes of pro scene.

Damage on the spawns is awesome, the only drawback when they fight 1v6 with lane minions or vs siege minion, it's not the item that just stops enemy lane from progressing entirely. This portal is useful to continue your splitpush while not being in the lane anymore and forcing enemies to react to it.

Lack of HP is compensated easily by other items, it's not item that you would rush first (in this case it's pure gimmick, suboptimal play to build it first), but once you have Warmogs, Sunfire, you don't really have issues with health.

Where you could spend gold consist from many variables, lead, team composition, enemy team composition, etc. Item with both MR and armour is very useful vs mixed damage, and these characters are not quite rare anymore. Haven't you've been in a situation where you are 300/100 armour/MR tank that gets melted by Corki?

It gives you best defensive stats for an item that gives you all defense stats. It should give you 100 armour + 100 MR, and if you can't utilize active and passive on it - then don't build it. If you have means to do so - go for it. There is nothing that forces you to build it (*cough*critstatonadc*cough*) and that's how all items should be. If it fits your strategy - it's good, if it doesn't - it is bad. If you have someone on your team who can afford and will benefit from stats it provides you both can go for it and go rampant on objectives. You push the lane, drop portals, go for baron while enemy deals with bullshit you just throw on them.

Item is very good for what it does, it's not IE off course that is going to be built in every single game at least 2 times, but when you rely heavily on making advantageous situations portal is very good (do i even need to start how well portal baits work?
    )
    Currently the only poor items i can name is Gunblade and WotA because of how much spellvamp stat takes from the item budget with very small benefit from it. I hope riot will do something with it.

Unfortunately I disagree with a vast majority of your post sorry. I think you've misunderstood the point on cheese strats there, but that's not important really. As for the actual item, the way you're writing it is trying to justify it as an item that "can" be used in a certain niche, not that it's a great tank item overall or as a regular build item. More of an "eh why not":
    It gives you best defensive stats for an item that gives you all defense stats. It should give you 100 armour + 100 MR, and if you can't utilize active and passive on it - then don't build it. If you have means to do so - go for it. There is nothing that forces you to build it (*cough*critstatonadc*cough*) and that's how all items should be. If it fits your strategy - it's good, if it doesn't - it is bad. If you have someone on your team who can afford and will benefit from stats it provides you both can go for it and go rampant on objectives. You push the lane, drop portals, go for baron while enemy deals with bullshit you just throw on them.
    There's numerous other items that are far more effective gold-wise and stat-wise to fit the tanking role over it, and I wouldn't recommend it for this reason. No matter what time you build it, it doesn't change the fact there are other much more valuable/gold-effective tanking items than this one. It's trying to split offense and defense in the one item for the cost, but sub-optimally at both.

Sure, the item is there and it can be used in certain scenarios, but that'd be like broadly recommending Banner of Command and saying it's a rare item with HP/AP/CDR, so therefore it's good (and I'd rate higher Banner of Command higher than Zz'rot as it can fill a great niche in full AP comps). Or mentioning Ohmwrecker and noticing that it has HP/CDR/Armor, therefore it must be good. Both of these "can" be good items for their specific usage, I just wouldn't go around calling them as great items overall, nor recommend them as a regular build for tanks; the same way I wouldn't for Zz'rot. It fills it's own little niche, but I'd rate the niche it fills as lower reward than Banner of Command, but perhaps slightly higher than Ohmwrecker. Especially when the split-pushing niche it fills is far less valuable in this season than it was in prior seasons due to all the game changes.

Because of all this, I don't think it should be broadly recommended as a tank item, nor labelled as great. Sure it's there, and it "can" fill a certain niche, but that doesn't qualify an item as great tank item much like the other examples. At the end of the day it's your opinion on how highly you personally value the item, but I personally don't think it has much value at all considering the above.