Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Penetration/armor/CDR/penetration
    Marks/runes/glyphs/quints
    ^_^
    That limits you pretty heavily to only AD carries that aren't mana hoggy : /

That's basically my ez build but replace the armor yellows with scaling mp5 (still working on getting all the CDR blues, I don't play enough -_-)

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    That limits you pretty heavily to only AD carries that aren't mana hoggy : /

That's basically my ez build but replace the armor yellows with scaling mp5 (still working on getting all the CDR blues, I don't play enough -_-)
    Nah, get magic pen and you have the other half of the game set, too. Armor keeps you alive a bit in lane from autos and minions, CDR makes everyone happier, and AP/ArP gives a lot of early/all game damage. Works for all champs.

The CDR runes suck, like, you could just buy a tier 2 set because the extra like 5k IP to upgrade 2s to 3s is worth like .8% CDR.

Deleted
    Nah, get magic pen and you have the other half of the game set, too. Armor keeps you alive a bit in lane from autos and minions, CDR makes everyone happier, and AP/ArP gives a lot of early/all game damage. Works for all champs.

The CDR runes suck, like, you could just buy a tier 2 set because the extra like 5k IP to upgrade 2s to 3s is worth like .8% CDR.
    Lol, really? 0.8%? for 5k IP? that's bs xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Erm...a curious question, if I ever make it to 20+, would it be better to start buying runes or just focus on buying champions I like?
    Get basic runes first. You'll need 6 blues, 6 reds, 6 yellows, and 2 quints to have a full setup as soon as you hit 20. If you've got about 7,000-8,000 IP you should be good.

Flat armor yellows and scaling MR blues are good choices on basically everyone. Movement speed quints and flat HP quints are always useful. Your best choices for reds are armor penetration or magic penetration, depending on which kind of hero you tend to play.

Worry about increasing your stable of heroes after you have a basic set of runes. You'll need several heroes when you start playing draft-mode games, particularly if your favorites are commonly banned, but you should be able to get by just fine with the free week heroes from week to week until then.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming it is all just flat bonuses, no per level stuff yes? >_> Sorry, still trying to get all the lingo and whatnot for LoL down. That and I should be asleep right now.

Whenever you buy a rune, just look at when the per level overtakes the flat bonus. For some runes, it happens as early as level 5, and there's no reason to have the flat bonus. For others, it takes as long as level 12, and the flat bonus is much better for the early/mid game power.

In general, last I checked, armor/MR/CDR/most of the popular runes should be bought flat unless you're specifically pushing for a late game build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever you buy a rune, just look at when the per level overtakes the flat bonus. For some runes, it happens as early as level 5, and there's no reason to have the flat bonus. For others, it takes as long as level 12, and the flat bonus is much better for the early/mid game power.

In general, last I checked, armor/MR/CDR/most of the popular runes should be bought flat unless you're specifically pushing for a late game build.
    It's more about what stat is best in which slot. Flat armor beats out basically everything else for yellows. Armor penetration or magic penetration are you best choices for reds. Scaling MR (that's MR-per-level) kicks the shit out of pretty much everything for blues, except maybe CDR (either flat or scaling.) Quints are more of a mixed bag because there aren't too many bad choices for quints. Stacking more armor or magic pen is always a good idea. All heroes will also see a benefit from flat HP quints, or from movement speed quints. If you find yourself playing supports a lot, you might want to get gold per 10 quints, since you're going to want that extra income.

There are better choices than armor/MR for some heroes (particularly carries, who might favor attack speed or something of that nature), but most heroes will greatly benefit from flat armor yellows and scaling MR blues. If you plan on jungling, flat armor yellows are straight up required.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    Yeah I play Cho from time to time.
    you should try play him full AP :P its funny to instagib a squishy with Rupture > Feral Scream > Feast, while still being tanky
    Been there, it's pure lulz. Have a tank like Amumu initiate and hold em all in place, Rupture, Scream, Nom their carry, and it's now a 5 v 4 40-50% health champions.

Deleted
    I know right. so awesome! XD
    I once took over garen's job, and started campin' in a brush (I was already maxed in items and level at this point, cause being the Big Bro Cho I am, i had 420 cs, like a boss.) and then akali came towards it. I ruptured in the brush when she was about to walk in. silenced her asap, and went OMNOMNOM.
    all she did was say : WTF GG RIOT CHO SO OP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Been there, it's pure lulz. Have a tank like Amumu initiate and hold em all in place, Rupture, Scream, Nom their carry, and it's now a 5 v 4 40-50% health champions.
    Attack speed Cho is even more fun for trololol. Get Rod of Ages and Abyssal Scepter, get a Rageblade, and a Wit's End and/or Malady (none of those are necessarily in order, though RoA should be first) and have fun with 200 dmg spikes that cost nothing. Strictly troll build, but it's a fun way of getting a manner win.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Attack speed Cho is even more fun for trololol. Get Rod of Ages and Abyssal Scepter, get a Rageblade, and a Wit's End and/or Malady (none of those are necessarily in order, though RoA should be first) and have fun with 200 dmg spikes that cost nothing. Strictly troll build, but it's a fun way of getting a manner win.
    When I was still leveling, troll builds were the way to go. Nothing pissed off people more.

Mordekaiser, FoN, merc treads, thornmail, 3 warmogs, 7k health. I'm not sure who raged more, their team for spending almost a full minute to kill me, or my team for raging at me for farming creep almost all game, and stealing just about every kill

Deleted
    So why did no one ever told me that Gragas is such a fricking cool AP champ to play?

He's hilarious, good buffs, relative tanky without tanky items, massive (AoE) damage and an ultimate which totally fucks up their team ... or yours.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It's more about what stat is best in which slot. Flat armor beats out basically everything else for yellows. Armor penetration or magic penetration are you best choices for reds. Scaling MR (that's MR-per-level) kicks the shit out of pretty much everything for blues, except maybe CDR (either flat or scaling.) Quints are more of a mixed bag because there aren't too many bad choices for quints. Stacking more armor or magic pen is always a good idea. All heroes will also see a benefit from flat HP quints, or from movement speed quints. If you find yourself playing supports a lot, you might want to get gold per 10 quints, since you're going to want that extra income.

There are better choices than armor/MR for some heroes (particularly carries, who might favor attack speed or something of that nature), but most heroes will greatly benefit from flat armor yellows and scaling MR blues. If you plan on jungling, flat armor yellows are straight up required.
    I agree with you partly. To help the questioner, maybe some more ground rules
    - Red is almost always used as a DPS for their respective pen stat
    - Tank runes often include blue for MR. early MR is also pretty strong for non-tanks, especially if you play mid. but usually CDR is superior as a DPS, albeit costly. Beware if you like to play with blue and youmuus: CDR caps at 40%
    - many champs scale well with certain stats. if you already have a nice little rune pool, try to read guides / conclude the best stat for a particular champ and rune accordingly.

e.g.: - Xin Zhao scales very good with AS, hence you could rune him with AS. However, as he has low cooldowns and they are further lowered by battle cry, CDR is a bad choice, as AS basically does that for him. Three Talon Strike, Battle Cry and his passive all become more effective with more AS. Beware if you like to play him and stack AS: AS caps at 2.500
    - Vayne with her stacking shots has immense fire power in early. You could stack flat AD to increase this benefit, easily scoring 100 damage shots on level 1. However you would also be sacrificing late game viability. As a lot of people nowadays play tanky with high HP pools, stack ArP
    - Jax is a very rune dependent champ and very costly at that. One dodge rune costs about 820 IP. However, with Ninja Tabis and a full color of dodge runes, Jax becomes very difficult to harass as an AD champ, as he receives no damage and becomes a great threat, as he can stun you each time he dodges. If fed and equipped with enough dodge, you become an unstoppable force against physical centric teams.
    - Trynda suffers the same prob as Jax. yet he is very crit dependent, as crits stack his crit damage, crit chance and give him a heal, which increases his early game survivability. However, a full runed, full mastery tryndamere with proper items has about 30% crit chance on the first time, he enters his lane.

As a jungler:
    - As AD Jungler, stack enough armor pen to nullify the jungle creeps' armor.
    - try to stack one color with armor only (jungle creeps deal physical DPS) to maximize your survivability, hence you will be less vulnerable if you have a difficult jungler or you are counter jungled
    - usually flat AP (as AD you will try to stack armor pen against their armor) as an AP champ immensely helps, as they are superior to the scaling ones until level 6 for flat AP. the success of your jungle is decided by then.

source: click me
    Last edited by Flextt; 2011-09-21 at 08:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So why did no one ever told me that Gragas is such a fricking cool AP champ to play?

He's hilarious, good buffs, relative tanky without tanky items, massive (AoE) damage and an ultimate which totally fucks up their team ... or yours.
    try playing him in 3vs3. He's even more powerful there

also, who said ranked is enabled again? OOHHHH YEAH, ranked, here I come! (after my raid tonight...lol)

Deleted
    gaah, when are the servers coming back on T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post

He's beast. Full AP Gragas is probably one of the toughest AP characters to kill, and ranks pretty high on the damage output. Plus, his charge is fantastic for escaping/jumping walls/chasing/slowing/everything.

Plus, Q-R-Q will get your team an ace. heck yeah!

Also, free Rammus week, yay! He's my new favourite tank I think. Hard to kill, deals quite a large amount of damage, and his taunt is magical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Deleted
    Rammus eh?
    Ok.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    He's beast. Full AP Gragas is probably one of the toughest AP characters to kill, and ranks pretty high on the damage output. Plus, his charge is fantastic for escaping/jumping walls/chasing/slowing/everything.

Plus, Q-R-Q will get your team an ace. heck yeah!

Also, free Rammus week, yay! He's my new favourite tank I think. Hard to kill, deals quite a large amount of damage, and his taunt is magical.
    How can any tank be cooler than a crying mummy who has a funny gap closer and probably one of the most gamechanging ultimates? Oh and, he cries for crying out loud (no pun intended) + he has a super cute voice.

Amumu wins everything.

Deleted
    cuz Amumu is Op. nuff said.

Deleted

>.<
    Went to sleep early so I could wake up and make use of my IP boost.

I'm maining annie, and I was just wondering if I have the right idea regarding runes.(i play 3v3 exclusively, and usually solo queue).
    i was going to use t1's until level 20 then step up to t3
    Red - Magic Pen
    Yellow - Armor
    Blue - Magic Pen
    Quint - Magic Pen