15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Sure, but lack of shield for almost half of her health. It really helps when you get pounded on by enemy team.
    Ya the shield is really Diana's key to being dangerous in the early game - because she can just walk straight up to virtually anyone early on and body block them at little personal risk - so if both mids suddenly rotate bottom to gank - Diana can just march right up to that enemy ADC and they need to back off or get E'd in for the kill: but her shield means she is at little personal risk doing so. Or if your ADC is about to die she can just go stand in the way and pretend she's Leona.

(Side note: even though they're supposed to be enemies, I find Leona/Diana to be a really strong support/mid or support/jungle combo - which is kinda weird)

I would say that Akali is better at picking off single enemies, because with 3 ult charges there is no fucking way you get away from her unless you are Zac of has TP. But if you jump on enemy priority target - you just see pink ward dropped and you silenced/stunned/murdered because you have no sustain to live enough.
    Off course it's fixable in 5v5 environment when you can pick around Akali and give her some sustain
    You can do it with her build too - I'd say the biggest problem Akali has right now is that people still build her glass cannon and want to rely on the massive armor/mr she used to get in her smoke bomb - but she doesn't have that anymore and a lot of people never adjusted.

Try building Rylai's or Spirit Visage on her - Akali has high enough base damage and strong enough burst combos that if she can just stick to her target - she can kill them: even when she's built almost full tank. QSS is also not unreasonable for her if she gets counter-picked - you dash, bomb, they pink you, they stun you, you QSS, you dive their carry anyways

Like Evelynn (my girl), Akali has AP/AD flexibility - so virtually nothing that adds to either of those is bad for her - she has high ratios either way and she gains on-hit magic / spell vamp from doing so.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Ya the shield is really Diana's key to being dangerous in the early game - because she can just walk straight up to virtually anyone early on and body block them at little personal risk - so if both mids suddenly rotate bottom to gank - Diana can just march right up to that enemy ADC and they need to back off or get E'd in for the kill: but her shield means she is at little personal risk doing so. Or if your ADC is about to die she can just go stand in the way and pretend she's Leona.

(Side note: even though they're supposed to be enemies, I find Leona/Diana to be a really strong support/mid or support/jungle combo - which is kinda weird)
    I always found that the fact that they've hinted that the two of them are, or rather were, close to be greatly intriguing. After all, the Moon cannot be seen without the Sun (reflecting Diana ascending after Leona's ascension, pun intended), but even if they're polar opposites, they were still friends, and who better to guard your back than someone who knows you inside and out?

Gameplay-wise, they're kits are both really into the whole "I'm just gonna sit on top of you for days" and "where do you think you're going?" theme. Add in Diana's damage, Leona's CC, and the fact that they're both very sturdy champions, and you get the Chosen duo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    I always found that the fact that they've hinted that the two of them are, or rather were, close to be greatly intriguing. After all, the Moon cannot be seen without the Sun (reflecting Diana ascending after Leona's ascension, pun intended), but even if they're polar opposites, they were still friends, and who better to guard your back than someone who knows you inside and out?

Gameplay-wise, they're kits are both really into the whole "I'm just gonna sit on top of you for days" and "where do you think you're going?" theme. Add in Diana's damage, Leona's CC, and the fact that they're both very sturdy champions, and you get the Chosen duo.
    Ya - plus they have very similar / complementary kits. They both have strong dive/initiates, they both have pbAoE damage in Leona's Eclipse and Diana's shield pop, Diana has one of the best clump tools in the game in her Moonfall (E), and it synergizes extremely well in combination with Leona's Solar Flare (R).

So their potential combo is like... Leona Q's onto the enemy carry, roots them, makes it super easy for Diana to Q them too, Leona stuns the carry, Diana R's them - presumably someone tries to get in and peel at this point - Diana clumps them, Leona Flares them - all the while you have 2 pulses of Pale Cascade and Leona's Eclipse aoeing them: and between Diana's Moonfall clump+snare, and Leona's easy to land Solar Flare snare - they pair extremely well in forcing a fight and then murdering the entire clump simultaneously.

I like the idea about chromas for the victorious skins, depending on what rank you get.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    I like the idea about chromas for the victorious skins, depending on what rank you get.
    Same but it would nice if we got 5 per year one for each role.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found this comic fairly entertaining - and accurate, if the current Worlds is anything to go by.

10+ Year Old Account
    morde is op
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Yes Akali in the jungle. First clear is dangerous, and if you get invaded it can really set you back (never duel, just run) but when you get to 6 your ganks are godly. Take pink smite, build Ludens Echo, reap souls. I wouldn't try it in ranked though, not unless I was super stoked and had really warmed up.

Last time I tried it I was playing with a couple of friends that aren't amazing, and got super pissed off in the previous game which was a loss. So I picked Akali, turned chat off, and owned face.
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2015-10-05 at 12:51 PM.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want a carry jungle to win the entire game by yourself the best option is Diana by far. She's just way too strong the entire game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    If you want a carry jungle to win the entire game by yourself the best option is Diana by far. She's just way too strong the entire game.
    I think Akali can duel a lot of champions that Diana can't.
    Akali can spam abilities and she doesnt rely on her Q to have 2 dashes like Diana.
    Instead she have 3 dashes without any requirements.
    She can easily 1v1 Diana early/mid game. (late game not so much)

I always build a Rylai's Crystal Scepter on Akali. Good luck escaping that!
    Your enemy either can 1v1 you or die shamefully while runing.

I always go mid with her and once i start roaming with my Rylai's Crystal Scepter i get around 10 kills per game.
    She is a beast mid game. Late game she tends to drop simply because of lack of survivability.
    Diana has much more survival than Akali late game.
    Last edited by mmocb564611563; 2015-10-05 at 05:23 PM.

All this Akali talk and its like nobody understands how ridiculously easy she is to shut down. She has so many counterpicks that can keep her down completely, be it the poke of Xerath/Ziggs etc or the up front damage of Annie/Anivia. And if you cant lane against your opponent and need to roam shes much worse at ganks than many of the other assassin options that have superior gapclosers. Yes when she gets fed she can kill any squishy instantly but GL getting fed against knowledgeable opponents that wont give you any farm or free kills. And have fun surviving after an engage when they have upgraded red trinkets to just continue to destroy you. Been so long since Ive seen an Akali do anything but feed.

If you are lower elo I can see Akali still being viable because people wont know how to stop her, otherwise I would learn someone else

And that is why you take her top against tanks. Farm to lvl 6, get your items, then kill the tank and/or roam. She is terrible mid lane if you first pick, but could work if you pick against some other melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

But if she is top she faces the same problem many mids gone top have which is they cant reliably extend in lane or they are toast. She also would have to kill the tank fairly early because as an assassin bruisers/tanks are her natural counter because she cant combo them fast enough. Like you couldnt take her against Darius Garen or Renekton ever. Other popular tops there would be windows where she theoretically might be stronger but then again its still a crapshoot for most of them especially if they freeze the wave at their turret. I feel her only favorable matchups are other melee assassins and squishy short range tops (Vlad/Teemo)

15+ Year Old Account
    I think we're seeing more squishier and pokier mages lately - and that's something Akali can do well against - Viktor, Xerath, Cassie - as well as other melee assassins as mentioned. It could have just been the Project wave as well - but I've seen a lot of Zeds making a comeback lately: Akali can be pretty strong there.

None of those 3 matchups are in Akalis favor, Cassio maybe being the only one she could win (assuming equal skilled players). Xerath wouldnt let Akali get near him while killing her the entire time. Xerath doesnt like people that will jump around dodging everything (Kat/Yasuo) or get in his face easily, Akali is neither. Personally id love to face Akali as Xerath cause I know its an automatic win lane ever since her ult nerf, before she wouldve been more annoying. Viktor while shorter range so a little more susceptible can still poke her down and drop his stun/ult on himself if she tries to engage, she simply wont be able to survive all that damage. Zed, yes I would favor Akali there.

Akali is very easy to play so she is recommended to beginners, that comes with the caveat that she is also straight forward to play against. Unlike Fizz/Leblanc/Diana etc her ability to make plays is very small and she ends up relying on positioning mistakes by her opponents over all else. Not trying to shit on anyone that likes her and she is still viable in the sense that she can succeed. Im just saying it would be more beneficial to learn others that have less hard counters and have more chances to kill targets
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2015-10-05 at 09:33 PM.

Whats with all the shitty Veigar's in ranked lately, it seems like none of them build cdr or know how to farm with their q properly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Whats with all the shitty Veigar's in ranked lately, it seems like none of them build cdr or know how to farm with their q properly.
    Froggen playing it/it was played at worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    And that is why you take her top against tanks. Farm to lvl 6, get your items, then kill the tank and/or roam. She is terrible mid lane if you first pick, but could work if you pick against some other melee.
    Even with 3 ults she can't kill any tank who actually went for tank items instead of new fancy ones. And remember that her ult damage is spread across 6 seconds span, not across 1 second span like in Dianas' case.

Lets just forget defensive capabilities of both heroes - lets pretend that enemy overextended and Akali/Diana got an edge over enemy and has only ~6 seconds of free ass whooping then she realizes that she is getting baited into Vi Q and she dies because she is scrub:
    Akali (70 AD and 70 AP at level 6): ult (100+35) > E > auto (~50 damage) > Q (75+28) > auto (~50 damage + Q detonation 95+42) > ult > auto > E (30+28+42) > auto > ult > Q > auto.
    (with her AS being ~0,7 attacks per second i assume that it will be 4 attacks over 6 seconds fight, resulting in 200 physical damage after 25% damage reduction, assuming that Akali knows how to cancel backswing animation and doesn't waste a second of her time)
    After these crude and non-realistic calculations i assume she will deal ~1000 damage after 25% mitigation. Which is a lot. Which is also continuous thing because nothing stops her from keeping pressuring enemy by utilizing her ults smartly (except Vi who charges her Q in bush nearby)

Diana (65 AD and 70 AP at level 6): Q (130 + 49) > W (66+42) > ult (100+42) > auto (~45 damage) > E > auto (~45 damage) > auto (~45 damage + 100+56) > ult (100+42)
    (with her AS being 0,8 attacks per second, she can do 5 attacks over 6 seconds fight, resulting in 225 damage after mitigation)
    And her damage will be around 800 after mitigation. Which is also enough to murrdor someone.

But their difference is that Diana can keep going against said Vi in bushes by tanking her damage with her shield, while Akali can only disengage or lay down and die. Also Diana deals more damage in short bursts, while Akali deals more damage longer she sits on her enemy. We also can count towards Akalis' snow-ball-ism via ult resets and AoE damage.

After putting a second thought in it - Akali doesn't seem so bad as long as she can survive her laning phase and if there is someone on her team to help her with surviving enemy CC+burst and to keep enemy CC until she murrdorrs someone. But i think that's more of a marksmans' job. I still think that Diana does her job (read: assassinate people) more reliably and generally better

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    None of those 3 matchups are in Akalis favor, Cassio maybe being the only one she could win (assuming equal skilled players). Xerath wouldnt let Akali get near him while killing her the entire time.
    After playing Xerath vs Akali jungle one time i could easily and reliably land stuns on her face. If you see her approaching - throw it in her direction when she is at ~800 units range. If it's too late - throw your stun and skillshots behind you because that's how her ult works - she punches through you and end on the other side. It was much harder to play against her when you didn't knew where she is going to land after she ults

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    From my experience it's either Veigar players using their cage to initiate a fight or teams who expect Veigar to initiate with his cage are shitty. Don't really care if Veigar went for 0% CDR early/mid game 500 AP or 40% CDR 200 AP
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-10-06 at 04:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    The thing is at World's, Froggen was so good with Event Horizon he was using it to trap poled Fizzes... I wouldn't expect that out of bronze players even by accident ><