10+ Year Old Account
    *pokes* Any chance of more feedback on mah Poppy?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the FoN is necessary, Duilliath. You could possibly switch it to something a bit more powerful, like a deathfire's grasp (where the damage increases on a target you ult), which would add a bit more burst power to whomever you target.

And I think that's hilarious that you and Lysah played with an 'extremely high ranked player' when he was "complete garbage," Fiddle. Goes to show people have bad games? :P
    Too many classes, too little time. Completionist yet lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenne View Post
    I don't think the FoN is necessary, Duilliath. You could possibly switch it to something a bit more powerful, like a deathfire's grasp (where the damage increases on a target you ult), which would add a bit more burst power to whomever you target.

And I think that's hilarious that you and Lysah played with an 'extremely high ranked player' when he was "complete garbage," Fiddle. Goes to show people have bad games? :P
    He wasn't complete garbage, he played Soraka and didn't really do much though, Lysah is just a grumpyhead.
    Last edited by Fiddlesnarf; 2011-09-29 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenne View Post
    Yeah he's 18-3 so far in solo queue, I think he might've been just messing around because Soraka in Dominion isn't really that fantastic. Lucky I had my Cass to carry him and Fiddle to victory.

Also, he clearly gets carried in ranked games, yep.

I am pretty grumpy, too.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2011-09-29 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    He wasn't complete garbage, he played Soraka and didn't really do much, Lysah is just a grumpyhead.
    And now we have both sides of the story. Who to believe...?

On another note, I've been playing Irelia way too much in the past 2 days and I've seen that in Summoner's Rift, she's beyond-godlike as a solo-top. Like, it's insane. On Dominion, she's near unstoppable since there's almost always multiple champions near you, increasing your passive up to the maximum - making you a formidable foe when attacking/defending nodes. Just my two cents, though.

I am pretty grumpy, too.
    Aww, cheer up? D:
    Last edited by Xaenne; 2011-09-29 at 06:09 PM.
    Too many classes, too little time. Completionist yet lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Yeah he's 18-3 so far in solo queue, I think he might've been just messing around because Soraka in Dominion isn't really that fantastic. Lucky I had my Cass to carry him and Fiddle to victory.

Also, he clearly gets carried in ranked games, yep.

I am pretty grumpy, too.
    It's hard to not take stock in Ranked due to it being a lot like the old LoL: it's hard to gauge who's actually good or not by looking at ladders and w/l records.

It seems Xerath will arrive quite soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandemar View Post
    It seems Xerath will arrive quite soon.
    This coming Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    FoN adds more runspeed, which is useful. Could grab Zeal -> PD, but that feels really out of place on an AP build.
    Prisilla's Blessing (sp?) is a pretty nice item all around on Dominion. A runspeed use, and bonus cap speed!

Freakin' awesome signature is by JustintimeSS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by desyphur View Post
    Prisilla's Blessing (sp?) is a pretty nice item all around on Dominion. A runspeed use, and bonus cap speed!
    Get Shurelia's Reverie instead. The cap speed is nice, but not really necessary. Shurelia's provides a better movespeed boost, it provides it to your entire team (or, at least, nearby teammates), and also provides two very useful stats: HP and CDR. It's a little more expensive, but only by about 600 gold.

---------- Post added 2011-09-30 at 06:15 AM ----------

How's this look for AP poppy in Dominion?

Should probably swap the order for boots n sheen.
    Go with Trinity Force instead of Lichbane. Cheaper and provides more stats. Your total's coming to 16,600 gold, which is hideously unrealistic for Dominion. You can expect 10,000, maybe 12,000 in a particularly long game.

Don't need Void Staff unless they stack MR. Aside from Galio or temporary buffs, that's not gonna happen in Dom (they might get a Negatron Cloak at most unless they're planning on Odyn's Veil to begin with.)

Consider getting a Rageblade. It's an excellent mix of stats for its cost and I feel Poppy's best as a hybrid. Her Q does magic damage, but it uses your attack damage as a baseline, so AD is never bad. Hybrid Poppy is very, very scary. Should start with boots for mobility, get Sheen and finish Trinity Force, and then make either Gunblade or Rageblade afterwards, depending on base attack speed - I can't remember what her attack speeds look like offhand.

Lichbane is nice, but Trinity Force's mix of stats and utility is impossible to beat for all but a handful of heroes. With TF and hybrid items, your autoswings will hurt plenty and your Q will still hit like a truck. Obviously get a Deathcap whenever you feel it's convenient.

Poppy has pretty low attack speed, even her movespeed is meh. Basic build in SR is TF > PD > gunblade, I'd do the same in dominion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    This coming Tuesday.
    You think that soon? I went back and re-read his ability's, they look pretty freaking amazing. I believe his E is a stun "setup", then his Q hit's everything in range. Might be OP, remains to be seen though.

Depends on exactly how much range he gets from being rooted. If he can shoot tower to tower in mid, then yeah, he's going to be overpowered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Depends on exactly how much range he gets from being rooted. If he can shoot tower to tower in mid, then yeah, he's going to be overpowered.
    Oh don't worry, Riot would never be that stupid...I hope.

Holy bad players picking good champs in dominion batman! I did a 4 way q with some friends, last person picks rammus, this looks like a good game. It is poppy (me), shaco, panth, vlad, rammus vs katarina, kogmaw, karthus, riven, and someone else (I don't remember who). Anyways, off the bat Rammus is afk for about 7 minutes, yet somehow we are miraculously neck and neck on points because karthus AND kog keep trying to only take our bot against me.

Rammus finally starts the game, and the enemy gets smart and only sends kat bot and the rest are pushing and stuff. Rammus...is just terrible. If he fought on a turret at all, he never used taunt. Sadly, he usually did not fight near a turret and would just powerball around until he found someone and just autoattack with his ulti (usually he dies). At the end, the enemy wins with around 50 points left it was soooo frustrating, since it is ONE GUY who messes it up.

Also, kogmaw + karthus bottom is SOOOO ANNOYING, kog ulti has such a long range to poke, and if they bum rush and I somehow killed them, LOLOL KARTHUS LOLOL. They would harass all day until I got low, then rush it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Oh don't worry, Riot would never be that stupid...I hope.
    I don't see what else they can do...if he has basic mage range without his root and then it increases by very much at all he will be able to sit under the tower and nuke people during the lane phase, or sit behind walls for team fights...

How's this look for AP poppy in Dominion?

Should probably swap the order for boots n sheen.
    i always get CDR on poppy as it increases your overall damage.
    i usually go

boots
    sheen
    upgrade cdr boots
    revolver / rabaddon depending on farm/kills status
    glacial shroud

+ blue pot when you can afford spending the 250g

by the time i get there (usually before that), game is already over

Deleted
    Just had a weird game.

Nasus, Mao, Ez, Morg(me), Xin
    vs.
    Akali, Panth, Ashe, Ali, Yi

Our team's top feeds the enemy team by 6 before 10 minutes. At the same time their bottom feeds us 6 kills in 10 minutes. Ali builds Yomumuu's(???) and 0 support items, Yi builds mostly only life steal, our Maokai went AP carry (he had void staff before any other item). The only decent player in enemy team as Akali and Ashe. When it came to team fights we dominated preeetty hard. Exhaust > Akali etc. etc.

But yeah, weird game. Reported all three of them.

Just played my first game ever as Singed and it was in Dominion.

I see now why he is so awesome. People just LOVE to chase other people and it seems no matter if they do or not it's hilarious.

People don't chase you? Just release a steady stream of gas on them while running in circles which usually ends up getting them to chase you.

People chase you? Laugh all the way to the bank as they never actually catch you but lose their whole life bar to your gas and slows. I love how I actually have to stop sometimes and let them catch up, almost to entice them to keep coming.

People decide after losing 3/4 of their hp to turn and give up? NOPE - FLING. Right into the pile of recently placed gas, which usually infuriates them into chasing you more.

He is pure win. Now I understand the troll faced Singed.

Did you bind /laugh to something easily accessible and spam it the entire time you were within range of an enemy? Easiest way to get people to chase you to their deaths.