@Thallidomaniac: Yes I have but that was a long time ago.

Just by looking at the big whole thing (item builds, cs, summoners), I guess your normal elo is still quite low. It will get better

10+ Year Old Account
    Lux and Shen just scream feeder or first time player.

Deleted
    I really don't understand why everyone is such a slave to the metagame in unranked.

I like it as much as the next guy when we get a good, balanced team, but I really wouldn't mind playing without one either.

I'm talking about "we NEED a jungler" and "we NEED a support". Surely you're better off letting people play what they want instead of forcing them into a role they probably don't like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I really don't understand why everyone is such a slave to the metagame in unranked.

I like it as much as the next guy when we get a good, balanced team, but I really wouldn't mind playing without one either.

I'm talking about "we NEED a jungler" and "we NEED a support". Surely you're better off letting people play what they want instead of forcing them into a role they probably don't like.
    Metagame is awesome when both teams follow it, but sucks if one team does and the other doesn't. Most of the time the team with the jungler will come out on top, but sometimes there are top lanes that just cant win against the two the enemy sent top, and the jungler just sits and farms instead of taking advantage of the overextending duo lane. :| It is quite annoying, cause as a jungler I pretty much have to babysit top, so if bot or mid does bad we are screwed. And when I play top lane unless I'm on a champ that can farm extremely well under my tower, I'm fucked for CS and have to rely on the jungler to relieve the pressure. This whole month I've seen maybe one jungler on the enemy team, while mine always seems to have one even when it's not me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Metagame is awesome when both teams follow it, but sucks if one team does and the other doesn't. Most of the time the team with the jungler will come out on top, but sometimes there are top lanes that just cant win against the two the enemy sent top, and the jungler just sits and farms instead of taking advantage of the overextending duo lane. :| It is quite annoying, cause as a jungler I pretty much have to babysit top, so if bot or mid does bad we are screwed. And when I play top lane unless I'm on a champ that can farm extremely well under my tower, I'm fucked for CS and have to rely on the jungler to relieve the pressure. This whole month I've seen maybe one jungler on the enemy team, while mine always seems to have one even when it's not me.
    From a jungler's perspective, it's difficult to gank a 1v2 lane no matter how overextended they are. Even when you arrive, it's still a 2v2 - if they're awake and healthier than your solo top, they can often just turn around and kill you.

Yea, it can be a 2v1 against the jungler rather easily if a jungler's top laner is too weak to help in a 2:1 lane.

In those situations it's best [IMO] if the jungler is there to allow top lane some breathing room- top B's to base, jungler moves to lane. Then goes to gank other lanes and apply pressure as top returns with a bag of potions/items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    From a jungler's perspective, it's difficult to gank a 1v2 lane no matter how overextended they are. Even when you arrive, it's still a 2v2 - if they're awake and healthier than your solo top, they can often just turn around and kill you.
    As long as my solo top isn't dead, I can easily pull off a successful gank. I've gotten double kills off two full health champs when my solo top is only at 1/2 health. The solo top just has to be paying attention and you're good, because while it's an even fight you most likely have the element of surprise and the entire stretch between the two first towers.

Well I was watching SV stream yesterday in which they run double AD+support lane. Riven got dominated by Corki+Janna top lane, and I would love to see a jungler gank a Corki+Janna lane. After about 8 minutes top tower was dead, Corki+Janna roam into enemy jungle, Skarner totally fucked, double AD carry now on a rampage dropping towers in seconds, was pretty funny to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Well I was watching SV stream yesterday in which they run double AD+support lane. Riven got dominated by Corki+Janna top lane, and I would love to see a jungler gank a Corki+Janna lane. After about 8 minutes top tower was dead, Corki+Janna roam into enemy jungle, Skarner totally fucked, double AD carry now on a rampage dropping towers in seconds, was pretty funny to see.
    Double AD+support lane, especially pre-made, would be a pain. That I can see being trouble ganking, but I'm talking more AD+tank/bruiser or two bruiser lanes. The stuff I've been running into in normals a lot more recently. Those are wicked easy, because you go for the Ranged AD first then the tank/bruiser who has to run slightly farther if he was up close hitting the turret. That is what I call an easy kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I could see a Graves + Soraka and Janna + Kog'maw work botlane, with something tanky in mid. Galio mid would give AD's plenty of time to shred the enemy to bits with his taunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally got perma banned, only took 2 years.

I guess I raged at too many deviant ap trist builds in ranked games.

Does anyone have opinions on dota2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post

No, the 26 page DotA2 thread on this very subforum is actually a secret thread, mislabeled thread in which we talk about the hit game Rise of the Immortals with the occasional praise of Heroes of Newerth.

Go read it, seriously.

Is it just me, or do people tend to get overly proud of what they do in normal games?

I had a PvP game yesterday where me (Nunu) and Pantheon was in bot, against Lulu and Taric. We managed to kill Lulu once, and then they overextended, so we tried to get a gank in with help from our mid Akali. Lulu blew her ulti and Flash, and went "u mad?". Yeah, we killed you once and we haven't died yet, of course we're mad.

They also had a Nasus who would constantly "brag" about how many CS he had in /all.

For Christ sake people, if you're going to brag about your "achievements", do it in ranked. No one cares in normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post

That's too bad.. :/

Deleted
    Not sure if this has been posted before, but these videos are absolutely hilarious:

10+ Year Old Account

A m8 of mine playing blitz. Got reminded of it from the post above me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted before, but these videos are absolutely hilarious:
    Pure fucking epicness right there.. Ultimate trollcrank!

10+ Year Old Account
    Morgana free week. Another week of required banning. Good news is Kog is free and I just planned on buying him to add to my stable of AD Carries. Now I can wait a week.

That Twitch and Nidalee builds.

Im a huge Swain fan, especially as he counters Kassadin, but most Kassadins dont know this. They're like "AP mid, I Kassadin, I kill ALL the AP mids!" And then you Swain his face in and he rage quits at 12 minutes. I also seem to became an expert at not only surviving ganks on Swain, but picking up 1 or 2 kills while doing it, its quite hilarious watching the enemy gank and then half-way through realising "Hmm, our HP is going down faster than his, abort abort!"