10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    It's not that I think champions like Ashe and Tryndamere are too good or anything, I know how to shut them down and that they're hard to play against experienced people... It's just how overly simple they are.

I mean, I'm not saying I'm awesome at the game. I think I'm good, but not awesome. So here I am, playing Ezreal AP mid, matched against Ashe. She literally raped my health. I even ran behind minions so they could block Volley, but nope, still hit me. And if she hits me with Frost Shot, unless I get lucky and get away with E and Frost Shot runs out before she hits me again, I'm toast.

Not to mention that if you're chased by Trndamere and he shouts at you, it's game over unless you have some sort of crazy escape.

It's mostly just early-game that I have beef against these champions, since later I can get tools to shut them down, but early-game I have serious trouble with them because they hit damn hard and I can't seem to stop that.

Again, it's just probably me that sucks and can't see the obvious here, but I just don't like these simple champions. They seem to attract jerks for some reason.
    Juke Tryn Shouts. Only thing you can do if you don't have a Slow/Snare/Escape

Your Flux has a longer range than her AA (Also decreases her Atk Spd), and it goes through Minions while Volley doesn't.

A simple champion can have a very high skill cap. I find Ezreal much easier to play that Ashe. Q is a rather easy to hit skillshot and you have the best repositioning skill of any AD carry.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I'm not saying I'm awesome at the game. I think I'm good, but not awesome. So here I am, playing Ezreal AP mid, matched against Ashe. .
    I haven't seen Ashe mid nor an AP Ezreal since 2010.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Indeed, Flux has a longer range than she does, but I had issues hitting it as she was barely out of range (I stood behind minions due to Volley), making me have to move into range just barely and she'd get that and run away.

It also didn't help that I would get hit by Volley sometimes because apparently, my minions wouldn't block them.

I've actually had this discussion before, where I've been proven that Ashe does take skill to play, but I still wonder sometimes... if it's them that's easy to play, or if it's me that just sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if there's only one constant factor....

What you seem to not understand is that simple is not equilavent or relative to "easy to play". A champion being simple in his mechanics and such has nothing to do with you as a player.

Also, keep in mind that ranged ad carries are generally hard to play effectively, because (we ALWAYS assume that every single member of both teams is equally and highly experienced) he is going to be #1 target in most matches. Playing a carry, like Ashe, is hard. You need to keep an eye on 6 players: yours and everyone else in their team.

I know that AD carry is pretty tough, but there is just something about Ashe that I just HATE. It's weird, because I love Graves, I don't mind him or any other carry, it's just Ashe that just infuriates me. Be it her damned wide Volley, her auto-applied slows or her crazy stun ulti.

But then again, I have autism, I think about things differently, and you can't exactly balance a game around one man's petty dislikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    If she keeps her slow running, she will run oom. If she keeps spamming her volley, she will go oom. She has zero escapes. If she mistimes her Arrow or just plain misses it, she's lost a lot of her power for a fairly long time, enough - at least - for one team fight. I'm not kidding when I say she's the single hardest to play AD.

Not in terms of abilities, but in terms of having to get it right. Most other champs are far more forgiving than Ashe.

Deleted
    Any tips on playing orianna very well? I know the basics but would be cool to get some advice from a pro.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanox View Post
    Any tips on playing orianna very well? I know the basics but would be cool to get some advice from a pro.
    My advice? Don't bother. I've never seen a pro stream playing Orianna, and I have seen perhaps one "above average" Orianna in over 1000 ranked games.

Does she have a lot of potential? Yes, I just have never seen it come to fruition.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Well I have been playing LoL for a week now and just turned level 13, so relatively new. I have been practicing against AI in intermediate difficulty. In week 26 rotation I loved Morgana and Varus. Surprisingly fun were Lux and Volibear. Varus needs an escape. The poor guy drops like a fly, although his slow/stun helps. My best came out when I teamed with Janna. Amazing combo that is. Morgana and Lux are pure awesomeness. Volibear was not far behind in terms of fun.

A friend asked me try some characters he had so I took a tour of Ashe, Kasthus, MF, Darius, Ahri, Shaco. Shaco was surprisingly amazing. I tried Riven and sucked but Shaco I pulled off very well. Ashe and Darius are what you would call, traditional characters. Someone that you normally find in a game like this even though Darius is new. They were not so exciting to play. As a matter of fact, I felt I have played Ashe before, even though I have never played DOTA style games before, was weird. Karthas is op (and mind blowing fun), nothing more to say. Ahri was a pleasure, very different and fun, although not a character I enjoyed for long. MF's voice and dialogue were doing things to me so I didn't play her again (fun character though).

This week, I have fallen in love with Kogmaw and Sokara. Kogmaw is op, but I don't really care. He is a blast to play. Amazing spells and amazing animations overall. Best thing about him is you can hardly let someone run away and he is not as squishy as Varus. Heal and Flash summoner spells are good enough and even if you die, you get a last chance at revenge. As Sokara I just healed and buffed everyone in the game while doing hardly any damage at all (only on creeps). I don't know if there are more supports like her but there should be. A pure support character like her is amazing, partial supports like Morgana and Lux are good and fun as well, but as a full support Sokara is extremely fun.

I don't have a lot of RP or IP yet and not going to buy a character until I turn but I am definitely gonna get Shaco, Kogmaw, Karthas and Varus.

Also, Karthas is too op as intermediate AI, so is Cassiopeia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    I know that AD carry is pretty tough, but there is just something about Ashe that I just HATE. It's weird, because I love Graves, I don't mind him or any other carry, it's just Ashe that just infuriates me. Be it her damned wide Volley, her auto-applied slows or her crazy stun ulti.

But then again, I have autism, I think about things differently, and you can't exactly balance a game around one man's petty dislikes.
    I´m gonna make a kind of a retarded analogy here to try to explain it to you.

In starcraft there is this unit called the marine, the marine has almost no counter and is probablly the best unit in the game. Marines often get claimed to be OP A-move units which have no counter, but it´s not quite true. The marine is very simple yes, it simply runs fast and does a lot of damage. There are many units in starcraft which have 4 abilities, the marine doesn´t actually have a real one except for a AS/MS steriod. But the marine still has a lot higher skillcap than most other units in the game because of the micro and positioning it can pull off to be one of the strongest units in the game.

Pressing a lot of buttons does not really= skill.

Lets say the caster with 4 spells was Graves and the marine would be Ashe, get what I´m saying?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    My advice? Don't bother. I've never seen a pro stream playing Orianna, and I have seen perhaps one "above average" Orianna in over 1000 ranked games.

Does she have a lot of potential? Yes, I just have never seen it come to fruition.
    Seen SK Ocelote play her while he was still at mid and do really good as her.

@Waterisbest

1) It's KarthUs
    2) Do not label anything OP or UP or what have you
    3) The champions are designed by much more experienced people than you, and have went under 5 months of testing before they come out. If you feel that X needs Y, you need to rethink your gameplay/positioning/w/e.
    4) There are more supports, namely Sona, Janna, Lulu, Alistar, Zilean, Blitzcrank... I think I am missing someone

Deleted
    I´ve seen Froggen do very, very well with Orianna. Seeing him play her in tournaments made me buy her, which I still regret.

She has some amazing utility, but she won´t do well at all in solo queue compared to other mages. You´d be much better of just buying someone like Morgana, Ahri, Ryze or Cassiopiea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    I´ve seen Froggen do very, very well with Orianna. Seeing him play her in tournaments made me buy her, which I still regret.

She has some amazing utility, but she won´t do well at all in solo queue compared to other mages. You´d be much better of just buying someone like Morgana, Ahri, Ryze or Cassiopiea.

I got plenty of mid champions and know that orianna isnt that common, but i really like her playstyle and even if i could do better with less work with other champions, i wanna give her a shot. Does anyone here know what he counters and what kind of team comps i should try to fit her in?

10+ Year Old Account
    Froggen is playing Orianna right now in a tourny. Check the streams.

Deleted
    I got plenty of mid champions and know that orianna isnt that common, but i really like her playstyle and even if i could do better with less work with other champions, i wanna give her a shot. Does anyone here know what he counters and what kind of team comps i should try to fit her in?
    She doesn´t counter anyone tbh, she gets countered by aggresive laners such as Ahri, Kassadin, Leblanc and obviously Cassiopiea like every other mid.

She work well with massive AOE comps such as: Kennen or Vlad, maybe Galio or Shyvana aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    @Waterisbest

1) It's KarthUs
    2) Do not label anything OP or UP or what have you
    3) The champions are designed by much more experienced people than you, and have went under 5 months of testing before they come out. If you feel that X needs Y, you need to rethink your gameplay/positioning/w/e.
    4) There are more supports, namely Sona, Janna, Lulu, Alistar, Zilean, Blitzcrank... I think I am missing someone
    I think he meant to imply on the bot side.

Wow, this thread suddenly boomed with conversation.

Anyway Trollspwn, I appreciate the analogy, but I do understand how Ashe works. I just PERSONALLY think she's stupid. I just don't like her.
    And yes, if she has Frost Shot up, or spam Volley, she will run OOM, but how many shots does she need to kill someone, really?

If I would rephrase my point, I'd mean to say say she, Tryndamere, Yi and others are good against inexperienced people (or as some would say: idiots/noobs/newbies/you get it). And then people own said inexperienced people and think they're good. This inflates the egos of the jerks that play them. For some reason, you don't find nearly as many jerks on other champions. Just those insta-nuke assassins or recommended characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find Graves to be far easier. Way more tanky, Repositioning + Steroid, Mucho Bursto. Pretty darn hard to play him wrong.