Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Time to buy some more Quints! And maybe a champ.

Lane Skarner isn't bad, you might be doing something wrong. Starting and maxing Q first makes it easy super easy to farm, though you will run out of mana fast if you spam it. Heal is an okay SS but you would be better with TP, exhaust, or ignite. If you need more survivability throw a few points into W early, because his shield is really good. Because of Q spam Sheen is a really good item to rush after your GP 10 items. I personally wouldn't buy a hexblade. Instead grab Wit's End. Also, don't rush to Trinity. Sheen is fine for early/mid game.

IMO, he is better put in the jungle where you can make the best use of his fantastic farm by counter-jungling the enemy. His post-6 ganks are also free kills unless the person in lane is asleep and you can use this to easily feed your AD carry.
    The problem I have with Skarner is that I do really BAD against ranged champions. Melee is ok most of the time. Will try out Sheen and Wit's End and see if it improves my game.

I can't really jungle with him atm because I don't have full masteries and Runes, have to port back after a couple of mob packs. Will do some more practice on custom games and see if I make any headway. But so far, it's very difficult for me to jungle on him and forced to lane.

I'm thinking of laning with him for a few levels, like 3-4, then go on jungling. Do you think it's a good idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    The problem I have with Skarner is that I do really BAD against ranged champions. Melee is ok most of the time. Will try out Sheen and Wit's End and see if it improves my game.

I can't really jungle with him atm because I don't have full masteries and Runes, have to port back after a couple of mob packs. Will do some more practice on custom games and see if I make any headway. But so far, it's very difficult for me to jungle on him and forced to lane.

I'm thinking of laning with him for a few levels, like 3-4, then go on jungling. Do you think it's a good idea?
    Well, your either laning or jungling. You can't just switch because your either stealing top lane or the junglers farm, and if you start in a solo lane you leave that lane completely open. You also wouldn't have smite in lane. You can counter-jungle from top lane. Push to enemy tower, then steal golems or wolves (depending on side), or even blue or red buff if you feel confident you can get it before the enemy jungler pops up.

And most melee have problems against ranged unless you have a good gap closer. Skarner just kinda runs up to people as his gap closer, so your out of luck there.

Of course if this is pre-30 just do whatever to win games and level up, and you really should start in the jungle till level 20.

Deleted
    I've been asking this from alot of places, so why not here too, what do you guys think are the optimal runes for nocturne jungle? Im using AS marks till 10% and rest marks @ quints flat AD. so what im wondering is, are ARP runes better because he has his inbuilt as and he has his inbuilt AD buff?

Deleted
    So whats everyones thoughts on the 7 rune page bundle? Lately ive been considering it because ive gotten a lot of champs that i like, so i will have to build more rune pages soon, as ive finally hit lvl 30.

Currently got a standard AD and a half finished AP page, but i'd like a support page later on and perhaps a specific one for atleast Poppy and Nocturne.

Would the 7 bundle be worth it? Or should i slowly gain a 3rd support page and keep on with my current setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    So whats everyones thoughts on the 7 rune page bundle? Lately ive been considering it because ive gotten a lot of champs that i like, so i will have to build more rune pages soon, as ive finally hit lvl 30.

Currently got a standard AD and a half finished AP page, but i'd like a support page later on and perhaps a specific one for atleast Poppy and Nocturne.

Would the 7 bundle be worth it? Or should i slowly gain a 3rd support page and keep on with my current setup?
    It's definitely worth it if you have a lot of champs that need specific rune sets, like how I play vladimir, and akali just as a quick example. I've spent on RP on some things i have regretted in the past, but that purchase of the rune pabe bundle will always be my favorite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post

7 page bundle is worth it if you want specialized pages. I personally think 4 is enough for all the roles, 5 if you want to play tanky AP top lane. I currently have 6 for akali. I've thought about getting the bundle, but I don't know what I would use the other pages for, so I've stuck with my current amount.

Well it's down again for me.

Quote Originally Posted by _Fire_ View Post
    Not sure if everyone already knew this but Amumu had his IP cost reduced. Amumu is now 1350 instead of 3150
    Amumu has been 1350 IP since about xin zhaos release XD Well that's when I started playing and he was one of the first champs I bought

Deleted
    Shouldnt there be a patch on EUNE which NA got yesterday?

Deleted
    I have a question about smurf accounts: Are they illegal? I've read some Tribunal reports where people yell out SMURFSMURFSMURFSMURF and reports that overfed person - is that a bannable offense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roos View Post
    I have a question about smurf accounts: Are they illegal? I've read some Tribunal reports where people yell out SMURFSMURFSMURFSMURF and reports that overfed person - is that a bannable offense?
    If it is, Riot has officially done it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    7 page bundle is worth it if you want specialized pages. I personally think 4 is enough for all the roles, 5 if you want to play tanky AP top lane. I currently have 6 for akali. I've thought about getting the bundle, but I don't know what I would use the other pages for, so I've stuck with my current amount.
    Whut, seriously? :O

I have 10 pages, and could very well use more. I've got one for AD carries, two for AP mids, two jungle pages, two support pages, a solo top page and then two that I have for champions that need special runes.

The only reason why I don't get more pages is that you can't have more than 10 mastery pages, and I need more of those even more.

Deleted
    2 Rune Pages, switch runes around if needed, no problems so far.
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2012-06-21 at 04:52 PM. Reason: said mastery instead of rune

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post

I have 10 pages, and could very well use more. I've got one for AD carries, two for AP mids, two jungle pages, two support pages, a solo top page and then two that I have for champions that need special runes.

The only reason why I don't get more pages is that you can't have more than 10 mastery pages, and I need more of those even more.
    I need mastery pages BADLY as well. Don't get why Riot doesn't increase them to 20 pages like they did with runes pages.

IMO, rune pages bundle is the only thing worth buying for RP. I don't even buy champions for RP, but once I hit 30, I will definitely buy a rune pages bundle.

I never spend money on extra virtual items such as pets/mounts in WoW or skins in LoL (I have no problem with people who do so however). But rune pages bundle I feel is a must if you really want to go competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    Once you got a rune page bundle, you just can't go back. I've got 10 rune pages and could easily use more.

What a crazy last few days this has been. Hopefully these patching issues don't push the 100th Champ patch back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post

AS page for the jungle, AD page, support page, AP page, and tanky AP page. 5 pages. You won't have optimal pages for all champs, but you can run almost everyone off those 5 pages.

Deleted
    Hehe, i decided i need more rune pages for support/tank and stuff. then i thought i dont play tanks much so now i have like 3 bruiser pages and mid page

Deleted
    I have 2 pages. AP mid and then a page for everything else :/

I want to have more pages, but i just find there to be more fun stuff to buy.

Is league of legends worth playing?