10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Is it just me or is Draven a tad overpowered?

I haven't played AGAINST one, but every single time I pick him as an AD carry I completely dominate the lane/game.
    It's not that i'm such an awesome player (I barely 'lose' lanes hard, but I definitely don't steamroll them most of the time).
    But with Draven it's a different story. His q costs so little mana, and you can keep harassing with it like there's no tomorrow.

Maybe it's just me, but I have the feeling he's a tad strong.
    He has an extremely high skill cap, hes intended to be very strong if you are good at micromanaging his q, horrible if you are bad at the game.

Deleted
    It's really not that hard catching his q though, if you retreat immediately after attacking, the axe will land behind you (where you're retreating to). Rince and repeat.
    This works wonders in lane at least (either by damaging them or zoning them).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    It's really not that hard catching his q though, if you retreat immediately after attacking, the axe will land behind you (where you're retreating to). Rince and repeat.
    This works wonders in lane at least (either by damaging them or zoning them).
    Its still way more effort than playing say graves.

And you need to make split second decisions on whether or not to catch a badly placed axe or not in team fights.

Draven is really strong in lane phase, a pain to deal with tbh, but I always feel he fades a little after it. Maybe his damage is too dependent on catching your Qs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just always called it the laser.

Never bothered with it's name, or calling it lux ult. Still a rather trivial change that doesn't really mean anything. Kinda odd though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draven is strong in lane. Not so strong any more once midgame rolls around and the other ADs are finishing their IE/PD combo. He doesn't fall off quite as badly as, say, Caitlyn, but he doesn't pull ahead as strongly as Vayne or Tristana either.

--

Okay, quick test, since we're talking about Lux ult...

What is Yorick's ult called? And Nasus' ? What's the name of Zilean's ult? Or, to pick a more recent champ, Hecarim's? Let's pick a more popular champion, what's Shyvana's ult?

Far as I'm concerned, they could just call them all "ult" and no one would notice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Draven is really strong in lane phase, a pain to deal with tbh, but I always feel he fades a little after it. Maybe his damage is too dependent on catching your Qs.
    The damage from the axes themselves isn't the main concern in teamfights. The problem with Draven in that situation is that you need to catch axes to reset the cooldown on your steroid. However, moving too much in teamfights will cause a net loss of damage even if you do catch your axe perfectly safely. You do no damage while running around, and with a near-full build that's very significant.

10+ Year Old Account
    And in lane it's fairly easy to take advantage of if you have a skillshot champ like Ezreal. Just shoot at the spot where his axes will land. Either he takes damage, or he loses his steroid. Win win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Okay, quick test, since we're talking about Lux ult...

What is Yorick's ult called? And Nasus' ? What's the name of Zilean's ult? Or, to pick a more recent champ, Hecarim's? Let's pick a more popular champion, what's Shyvana's ult?

Far as I'm concerned, they could just call them all "ult" and no one would notice.
    Zilean ult is Chronoshift. Yorick is something like uh Omen of X. Shyvana is Elder Dragon Form. Garen is Might of Demacia or something, Cassiopeia is Petrifying Gaze, Ahri's is Spirit Rush, Caitlyn's is Ace in the Hole, Ashe is Enchanted Crystal Arrow, Amumu's is Curse of the Sad Mummy, Katarina is Death Lotus, Brand's is Pyroclasm (I found that one out today so maybe it doesn't count) Annie's is Summon Tibbers, Soraka's is Wish, Cho'gath's is Feast, Darius is Noxian Guillotine, Mundo is Sadism, Ezreal is Trueshot Barrage, Fiddlesticks is Crowstorm, Fizz is Chum the Waters, Fiora is Blade Waltz, Gangplank is Cannon Barrage, Gragas is Exploding Cask, Graves is Collateral Damage, Heimerdinger is UPGRADE!!!, Janna is Monsoon (I think), J4 is Cataclysm, Karma is Mantra, Karthus is Requiem, Kassadin is Riftwalk, Kog'maw is Living Artillery, LeBlanc is Mimic, Lee Sin is Dragon Kick, Lux is and always will be Finales Funkeln, Malphite is Unstoppable Force, Ryze is Desperate Power, Yi is Highlander, Miss Fortune is Bullettime, Mordekaiser is Children of the Grave, Nidalee is Cougar Form, Nocturne is Paranoia, Nunu is Absolute Zero, Pantheon is Grand Skyfall, Poppy is Diplomatic Immunity, Shen is Stand United, Singed is Insanity Potion, Skarner is Impale, Sona is Crescendo, Soraka is Wish, Taric is Radiance, Tryndamere is Undying Rage, Twisted Fate is Gate, Urgot is Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser, Vlad is Hemoplague (I think), Warwick is Infinite Duress.

Yes, the list was in alphabetic form, yes, I did look up the names of champions on the wiki, I tend to forget those (If you want me to make a list, not if you show them to me.), no I did not touch their champion page. I also only play about 5 of these regularly at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    He has an extremely high skill cap, hes intended to be very strong if you are good at micromanaging his q, horrible if you are bad at the game.
    It doesn't really sound pretty good to me that a high skill cap champion is better than others if played at their respective maximums.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-08-01 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yorick's is even getting fixed in the upcoming patch Shyvana's is Dragon's Descent.

Think there might be one or two with a typo in there, but close enough for the most part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    That's unfair, the only reason I don't know their ultimates is because I haven't played them ;<
    I´ve played over 100 games with Shyvana and I don´t know the name of it. I´m pretty sure it has something to do with dragon and angry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    They're changing the name of Lux's ulti from "Finales Funkeln" to "Infinite Light" because it's an "inside joke" or badly translated name of an attack from Touhou (Wikipedia it, too long to explain). And apparently it's "hard to pronounce" as well.
    Ah okay.
    I alway thought it had some random relationship to the world Double Rainbow, which is what she was spawned off in the first place. Thanks.
    I'd prefer it to not be changed, but complainers are going to complain.

Must try bruiser lux build, damn you!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Yorick's is even getting fixed in the upcoming patch Shyvana's is Dragon's Descent.
    I blame too much dotars.

Yorick's ult is Omen of Death. I remembered because all his abilities are named "Omen of <something bad>".

I'm actally surprised at myself for not remembering Zilean's or Nasus' ultis, though...

Yorick's ult is Omen of Death. I remembered because all his abilities are named "Omen of <something bad>".

I'm actally surprised at myself for not remembering Zilean's or Nasus' ultis, though...
    Yoricks are Omen of " Insert 4 horsemen here"

Any champions with a similar feel to Brand and Leona out there? I really like both, and I think there is something similar about them, but I can't put my finger what exactly it is.

The only thing similar about them is that both of them are into chicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment View Post
    Yoricks are Omen of " Insert 4 horsemen here"
    wow... I never noticed that... ><

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    That's unfair, the only reason I don't know their ultimates is because I haven't played them ;<
    I've played them and I don't know them. All that matters is what they do.

Dulliath made a great point by asking that, and I honestly think it's silly that they felt the need to change the name of an ulti because nobody knew what it meant. Hell, barely anyone knows any of the ults name. Let alone know what it would mean.

Deleted

Whenever I think of Nasus or Renekton's ults all I can think of is "Malaria Shield".