10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Is "play every champion as AP" some kind of fad now?

In my last 3 games I've seen AP Rengar, AP Trist and AP Ezreal, fortunately on the other team.
    AP regnar is actually a real thing. The other two are more gimmicks imo, but rengar does work very well as an AP assassin. He essentially does the same thing as AD rengar, but he just does it differently. Once you get DFG, you just ult by someone, dfg them, then hit W twice. At the point they are dead or very wounded.

He is also about impossible to push out of lane too. It's really hard to trade with someone that has an AoE damage aura thing that scales so well. He works fine as AD too, but AP rengar does work. Though the one in the screencap didn't really build that well. You want to get as much AP as quick as possible to beef up your dfg. You think lichbane would make sense, but it is something you would get later, if at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Is "play every champion as AP" some kind of fad now?

In my last 3 games I've seen AP Rengar, AP Trist and AP Ezreal, fortunately on the other team.
    The last 2 are viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    AP regnar is actually a real thing. The other two are more gimmicks imo, but rengar does work very well as an AP assassin. He essentially does the same thing as AD rengar, but he just does it differently. Once you get DFG, you just ult by someone, dfg them, then hit W twice. At the point they are dead or very wounded.

He is also about impossible to push out of lane too. It's really hard to trade with someone that has an AoE damage aura thing that scales so well. He works fine as AD too, but AP rengar does work. Though the one in the screencap didn't really build that well. You want to get as much AP as quick as possible to beef up your dfg. You think lichbane would make sense, but it is something you would get later, if at all.
    The cooldown is really big, so let him waste it, then beat him up during the 12 seconds or so of uselessness. I'm gonna rank him down with AP Trist. Trist can OHKO people with her Ult and Rocket jump as AP but thats it. You gotta wait a long time before you can do your combo again. Same with Rengar. You basically have to walk around outside of the teamfight before you can do your job again. Both can work, but if the opponent catches onto you, and attacks you while you have no spells you're useless.

If his other spells had AP scaling he could be legit AP. But with only that one thing with a fairly hefty cooldown? Don't try it out in a serious environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    The cooldown is really big, so let him waste it, then beat him up during the 12 seconds or so of uselessness. I'm gonna rank him down with AP Trist. Trist can OHKO people with her Ult and Rocket jump as AP but thats it. You gotta wait a long time before you can do your combo again. Same with Rengar. You basically have to walk around outside of the teamfight before you can do your job again. Both can work, but if the opponent catches onto you, and attacks you while you have no spells you're useless.

If his other spells had AP scaling he could be legit AP. But with only that one thing with a fairly hefty cooldown? Don't try it out in a serious environment.
    He doesn't have to have his ult, as he can reach max fury (or whatever his resource is without it) but it does help him get onto his target easier. Though when you compare him to AP trsit, it shows how much better he is than her. Her burst combo has a really long cd. Rengar's is only limited by his W's cooldown, which isn't that long.

Though as for the serious environment, I believe it was dyrus that figured it out. (or the one that made people hear about it) Maybe we're not going to see AP rengar in tournament play, but he was using it at very high elo with much success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dyrus faced against someone using AP Rengar and got destroyed, posted on facebook later. I first saw on Reddit along with a screenshot of someone around 2k ELO with all wins as him.

Any champion can go AP really. DFG + lichbane makes it possible, even if they don't have AP ratios.

Deleted
    The teams I have in my last few games....

I am surprised these people even know how to turn on their computer....

Why are teemo players always assholes?

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    Why are teemo players always assholes?
    The play style of Teemo is built around annoying your opponents. Blinding the enemy carries, running around in circles to buy time for your teammates to come to your rescue, getting across the map mushroom kills...

Same would apply to Shaco.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The play style of Teemo is built around annoying your opponents. Blinding the enemy carries, running around in circles to buy time for your teammates to come to your rescue, getting across the map mushroom kills...

Shaco 4 Lyfe brah.
    AP Renger... me and some friends saw it yesterday and we have a really really experienced top laner. He just said " lol we will win this game at 24m guys ". At 10m he was 0/4/0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Shaco 4 Lyfe brah.
    AP Renger... me and some friends saw it yesterday and we have a really really experienced top laner. He just said " lol we will win this game at 24m guys ". At 10m he was 0/4/0
    It takes a while to start rolling. The scary damage doesn't arrive until he gets at least a DFG or a Lichbane.

Remember when I used to say Vayne's boring? Ye scrap that. The problem is, she needs three items to get going and her early game is really boring, slow and clunky. Mid-late game she is the boss. Needs heavy baby sitting early game. From midgame onwards she can take care of herself.

Thinking of getting her next, but I really want Corki as well. Can't decide. Damn IP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Shaco 4 Lyfe brah.
    Played AP Rengar support, 55 ap at level 1, 140 dmg with W. charge from bush and do W, run away... Profit!
    It's like a leona support except you'll be an assassin in the end instead of a tank

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Save up for Vayne, if you start to get too impatient, get Corki.
    Are they not both 6300 or did Corki get a price reduction?

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Corki is 3150 ^^
    Ok, I rarely keep tabs on champ prices after Ive got them. I just recall that a short while ago way too many AD carries were 6300, tristana ashe and sivir being the only 3 that werent.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post

I don't mean the playstyle, yeah that's really annoying, I just mean the actual people are assholes.

Played a few games last night and in all 3 there was a Teemo. Constant chat spam, flaming etc. One of the games was a custom ARAM for all levels, not the usual "30 ONLY!!!111!! NO NUBZ!", so I thought it'd be a bit more relaxed. Nah, this dude was a complete asshole. He had a level 5 Caitlyn in his game who admitted before the game started they were new and had never played Caitlyn either, and had 4 wins total under their belt. Teemo unloads after 5 mins into game, calling her a "feeding ****" and flaming like mad. Everyone else in the game eventually told him to shut up, but I felt bad for the Cait, left before the 10 minute mark.

It's people like Teemo who make the game seem so awful to outsiders.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    I don't mean the playstyle, yeah that's really annoying, I just mean the actual people are assholes.

Played a few games last night and in all 3 there was a Teemo. Constant chat spam, flaming etc. One of the games was a custom ARAM for all levels, not the usual "30 ONLY!!!111!! NO NUBZ!", so I thought it'd be a bit more relaxed. Nah, this dude was a complete asshole. He had a level 5 Caitlyn in his game who admitted before the game started they were new and had never played Caitlyn either, and had 4 wins total under their belt. Teemo unloads after 5 mins into game, calling her a "feeding ****" and flaming like mad. Everyone else in the game eventually told him to shut up, but I felt bad for the Cait, left before the 10 minute mark.

It's people like Teemo who make the game seem so awful to outsiders.
    The worst thing about people like that is, more of them are joining the game daily. Honestly, the amount of people that are like that is just too high.

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Played AP Rengar support, 55 ap at level 1, 140 dmg with W. charge from bush and do W, run away... Profit!
    It's like a leona support except you'll be an assassin in the end instead of a tank
    AP Rengar is surprisingly strong in lane. Not sure if its really viable, though. In team fights he gets blown up rather easy, and having to be in melee range doesn't help here.

Deleted
    So Evelynn, anyone having some fun on her after the reworks? Tbh I really like the idea of her playstyle. Testing her out in a few games, quite fun tbh. Going the AD jungle route atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So Evelynn, anyone having some fun on her after the reworks? Tbh I really like the idea of her playstyle. Testing her out in a few games, quite fun tbh. Going the AD jungle route atm.
    She still needs help, but the rework definitely made her usable, and the recent buffs she has gotten have made her more viable. She still needs a CD reduction on her ult at rank 1 (her main problem and the one Riot refuses to change for whatever reason).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Go AP mid. Rush DFG and blow up lanes.