Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Farm with Q, trade with Q+E.
    Well i thought so.

You guys probably already know that one but ill post it anyways:

Look up " Lady Gragas" I dare you... I double dare you... My eyes T_T

http://elohell.net/chill/141264 here's the link for those that CBA to search

Olaf is awesome against pretty much any top lane, although it doesn't matter who I'm playing as I can't handle playing against a Jayce.

But with Olaf it's like "oh.. you're hurting me.. ouch.. stahp.. I SAID FUCKING STOP R/W/Q/E/Q"

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Look up " Lady Gragas" I dare you... I double dare you... My eyes T_T

http://elohell.net/chill/141264 here's the link for those that CBA to search
    ROTFLAMO...thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    Olaf is awesome against pretty much any top lane, although it doesn't matter who I'm playing as I can't handle playing against a Jayce.

But with Olaf it's like "oh.. you're hurting me.. ouch.. stahp.. I SAID FUCKING STOP R/W/Q/E/Q"
    ya olaf is a pretty strong top laner. It's even slightly difficult for jayce to harass him too. I mean jayce can just sit there and auto like 90% of top laners, but olaf has got some nice axes. If you managed to land the undertow, you can probably get your reckless swings off before he knocks you back.

I really should pick up olaf.

Rengar could possibly beat Jayce, it's a really even lane imo. That lane gets decided completely by the jungler. If rengar gets an early kill, it's gg for Jayce.
    The best way to face Rengar is to have a hero that can either Outburst his trade (Olaf), Slow his AS (Malphite) or evade his autoattacks(Jax). One thing people underestimate is the AS buff he gets after he jumps you. Unless you know can do something about it, don't ever stay and continue trading. It's always Rengar leaps+q -> Use your burst and back out. If you keep doing that he loses a lot of damage potential/forced to heal or just starts dying.
    This is how I handled him prenerf. I have no idea how he is now, but that tactic should remain relatively unchanged.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't think Rengar is going to be beating Malphite, Jax, Yorick, Vlad, Irelia, Olaf, or Jayce...which is pretty much all of the standard top laners.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Rengar is going to be beating Malphite, Jax, Yorick, Vlad, Irelia, Olaf, or Jayce...which is pretty much all of the standard top laners.
    I don't know about Vlad the first 5 levels tbh. He can zone vlad really hard. Irelia is also strong against him, She can stun and slap back/fallback too. Though I couldn't put her before the rest/
    Yorick is just Yorick XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    haven't had much problem vs Rengar. Sure he's annoying but that's it. He has insane burst with full stacks but his sustained damage is below that of other bruisers. If it's draft pick and I see a Rengar, I'll always pick Malph or Jax and if neither one of them is available Jayce. Those 3 have quite an easy time dealing with him.

The thing is that he snowballs very well (get some kills top -> go mid and kill midlane, instantgib the enemy ad carry with 2x Q in teamfights) but isn't that threatening when he's equal.
    I've yet to lose against a Jax or Malph. Malph is relatively irritating because you can't nuke him down, but he can't nuke you down either. And I don't see how his sustained damage is lower since he's generally an autoattack champ with AS increase, snare, armor + mr buff, a get out of jail free card and that's even without using 5 ferocity. I level his Q last too since W brings him tons of survivability. Jax can't win trades, especially not pre 6, and once you get him down once or outfarm him, you should be able to snowball even with his ultimate.

Hes still able to win pretty much every fight in the first few levels but as soon as enemies start to stack more armor he loses momentum and falls off slowly as his enemies can play more aggressive since he does not twoshot people anymore with his q->ferocity->q.
    Well I don't play the typical TF Rengars who mas Q first and be useless after their double Q burst. You still do a massive amount of damage to any squishy and you get a ton of resistances.

I beat a Rengar quite handedly yesterday as Olaf.
    Well your level IS simply higher then mine, but I did win easily against an Olaf yesterday. Dodge Q's, outdamage him hard and out sustain his true damage. Once you get him down once, it should all be in your favor.

Again, It's just normals I'm talking about and not 2.2k ranked, but up till now I had a fairly easy time against every popular top laner. Maxing dat W > Maxing dat Q

Deleted
    I hate those placement matches. Really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derp singed View Post
    I hate those placement matches. Really.
    I've had some good placement matches to be honest. 8-1-11 Maokai, 13-3-9 Darius and 14-7-14 Graves.
    I guess you just had bad teammates, which isn't that rare in this game :/
    The only advice I can give you is to queue up with someone you trust, so you're not all alone in a world of noobs.
    And you COULD try giving your team orders/guiding them, but there's a high chance they won't listen if you're low elo.

@Led: I agree that maxing W is better for hard lanes. Q is only useful if you can burst people down with it.

In my experience neither Rengar nor Malph can kill each other. It will become a farm lane with rare action when the jungler comes. Jax on the other hand is weaker pre 6 but once he reaches 6, his damage his higher than Rengars and items will only increase the gap. Jax has the advantage of higher sustained damage, a hard cc and 2 damage reducing abilities (E + R. E reduces Rengars W by 25% as well).

But I've got to admit that I've only faced one really good Rengar in a normal. Most others didn't know what they were doing and in ranked, most junglers visited top pre6 because he has no escape without his R and I'm usually playing something with CC. Doesn't need much to snowball top

Concerning the Yorick counterpick to Rengar: Not entirely true. Yorick is very squishy early on. Rengar and a lot of other bruisers can punish him early on.

Deleted
    Quick semi-silly question. Up to 1169 rating now, and my badge thingy is silver. Is that correct? Say if I have a terrible whatever else rest of the season...at the end, would I get the silver counting from that? 1169 seems low for silver but I don't know the rating system THAT well. That and if there's any ADC looking for a reasonably competent Taric or Soraka (Sona coming soon! and not Blizz style soon), to duoqueue on EU west, hit me up as well .

I wouldn't put Olaf, Jayce, Vlad or early Yorick in the "counters Rengar" bucket.

I have been playing rengar top a lot, max W still for dem baits, and bush abuse. It's still retarded strong if you max W-Q-E and you have insanely good wave clear and sustain.

i could never see beating Malph, but I can't see you dying either. Jax and Irelia win that lane after 6.

I still go tanky-CDR on Rengar, in fact my first purchase is usually a kindlegem and with proper CD timing (use W with 4 stacks, followed by a second W @ 5) I can usually kill a rengar with 2 Dorans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    I've had some good placement matches to be honest. 8-1-11 Maokai, 13-3-9 Darius and 14-7-14 Graves.
    I guess you just had bad teammates, which isn't that rare in this game :/
    The only advice I can give you is to queue up with someone you trust, so you're not all alone in a world of noobs.
    And you COULD try giving your team orders/guiding them, but there's a high chance they won't listen if you're low elo.
    Actually i havent played solo queue nor duo queue after the soft reset at all and im not really planning to do so. I just can't bring myself to do those rng based shit matches that basicly decide on which elo youre goin to play for a long ass time depending on how well you did. Sadly there are very few people on my friend list who are roughly at my level. Most of them are either significantly higher or quite a bit lower. I just prefer to play with people i already know but i guess that doesnt work always.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post
    I wouldn't put Olaf, Jayce, Vlad or early Yorick in the "counters Rengar" bucket.

I think Olaf and Rengar can at least go equal. As Olaf builds tanky and can still put out damage, as well has having godlike sustain with W+Zekes, it's a trade to who is the better player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post

I have been playing rengar top a lot, max W still for dem baits, and bush abuse. It's still retarded strong if you max W-Q-E and you have insanely good wave clear and sustain.

i could never see beating Malph, but I can't see you dying either. Jax and Irelia win that lane after 6.

I still go tanky-CDR on Rengar, in fact my first purchase is usually a kindlegem and with proper CD timing (use W with 4 stacks, followed by a second W @ 5) I can usually kill a rengar with 2 Dorans.
    I ma W E Q really, people do underestimate how useful E is for just damage alone. Q is generally just for the AS boost you get. But I'm not tanky CDR. In general it's Mercs, BT, FM, GA and Maw. With W this gives you over 200 armor and around 180 or more MR. But in general you're there to rape people before the game drags on too long.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess I just haven't played against any good Rengar players up topside.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I guess I just haven't played against any good Rengar players up topside.
    Me neither, but I guess that's because I always ban him.

Deleted
    Rengar's got nerfed quite hard, he is still strong but his win% is on 45% right now, so I don't find him worth banning anymore. Much scarier picks out there.