15+ Year Old Account

Strange fps drop ingame.

2 days ago my fps dropped to around 10 and it stays like this for 5-10minutes and then occuring again after like 15-30minutes. This only happens in-game. I've turned off all addons so it has nothing to do with that. I've repaired my wow client. I updated my screencard driver.

I repeat this only effects world of warcraft. Anyone have any idea what may be causing this? Or maybe someone else has the same problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    It happens to me too, and when I checked, it seems that the FPS drop coincides with the time periods where my CPU consumption is at 100%. Further research shows that the biggest culprit in those times is my Kaspersky AV.

Maybe that's the problem for you too?

10+ Year Old Account
    My suggestion is to look at all the stuff you have running the background, and close it. If it still continues, turn off your anti-virus/anti-malware programs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amry View Post
    It happens to me too, and when I checked, it seems that the FPS drop coincides with the time periods where my CPU consumption is at 100%. Further research shows that the biggest culprit in those times is my Kaspersky AV.

Maybe that's the problem for you too?
    The first thing I did when this happened to me was to check how much of my CPU was working at the time and it was perfectly normal.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 02:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Krugbuu View Post
    My suggestion is to look at all the stuff you have running the background, and close it. If it still continues, turn off your anti-virus/anti-malware programs.
    My antivirus is not working harder then it used to/usually is so I don't see how it can do it.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 02:58 AM ----------

This is really pissing me off. I've scanned my computer for malware multiple times in safemode & normal.
    Last edited by Imbashiethz; 2011-06-08 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    I repeat this only effects world of warcraft. Anyone have any idea what may be causing this? Or maybe someone else has the same problem?
    Is your setup having heat problems?

I and some from my guild have the same problems. We have no idear whats wrong it can even happend between a reload of the game with no new setups or new programs running.

I also got some weird lag going on the last few days; whenever I'm anywhere outside a raid, I get constant fps drops from 60 to like 5 every few seconds. I can't even stay in Durotar because my game disconnects me. However, when I'm inside raid dungeons, it's perfect and I get no drops even during intense encounters. Not addon related either, I tried disabling them all.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

15+ Year Old Account
    I've also got terrible framerate going on these days, but I suspect my computer is just in serious need of a cleanup. I'm still systematically going through and doing everything I can think of:
    Deleting unused programs
    Defrag (Defraggler)
    Regclean (CCleaner)
    Anti spyware (SuperAntiSpyware)
    Driver updates
    OS scan
    Gonna look into upgrading to DX11 (if applicable)
    Checking through and turning off background applications and system resources

Other than that, it's a laptop and gets pretty hot. It is getting old and crusty, so maybe just over time as components start to get old it affects system performance overall. I'd imagine it could be a combination of things to cause framerate slowdown. Frustrating when you are in an instance and it drops to 1fps... :x
    For the Alliance!

Deleted
    Im not sure, had the same problem but with me it can be my internet connection to cause had some issues with that last few days. But last night i played again (finally) after a few days normally.

Deleted
    I downloaded a trial version of a program named GameBooster. It automatically shuts down all unnecessarily stuff like MSN offline, it also prevents your Virus scanner to intervene with WoW (if you click the option ofc). With a handy slide bar you can easily go back to your standard settings. It really improves your game performance.

I am not a fan boy but I liked this one

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Last edited by Bigsteaks; 2011-06-08 at 07:01 AM.

Deleted
    I had this problem with my old old build, it only happened in the summer of it's last year cause it was overheating.. Check the temps tbh. My computer fried btw, so perhaps you need to clean your computer and get some more airflow to it :P
    Other than that, reinstall everything, drivers all of it(you probably have done this already but yeah) you can always try to reseat the card and or your rams.