Deleted

Once again: what boss should we try next (10HC)

One again I'd like to ask which boss we should try next with our setup and to get tips on the next bosses in general. We've just reached 5/13 HC with Halfus, Atramedes, Maloriak, Magmaw and Chimaeron down in that order with our casual 6 hours per week pace. Surprisingly killing Nefarian sped up our progress a lot since the heroic fights so far haven't been as challenging as expected. I see Valiona & Theralion, Conclave of Winds and Omnotron Defence System as our next possibilities. I'm leaning on going for Valiona & Theralion first.

Our setup is:

Prot warrior (me, geared fury offspec and will be in the raid in any case)
    Prot paladin (no geared enough offspec)

Holy paladin (geared prot offspec)
    Holy paladin (tolerable but not good retri offspec)
    Resto druid (tolerable but not good feral dps offspec)

Assassination rogue (any offspec upon request, so sub for V&T)
    Moonkin druid (feral tank offspec with gear, would go resto if absolutely required)
    Fire mage (any offspec upon request)

In addition we'll generally have two of the below depending on their availability and on how we wish to rotate people. Sometimes they'll also replace someone of the above, but the above can be counted to be there almost every raid. Please don't tell elaborate tactics relying completely on a specific person out of them.

Feral dps druid (geared resto offspec)
    Fury warrior (geared tank offspec)
    Destro warlock (any offspec upon request)
    Marksmanship hunter

So, basically, should we go V&T first? If so, what after then? Any special tips for any of the fights for our comp? V&T seems to be pretty simply the normal mode + tanks running through twilight zone and rogue soloing the adds in twilight zone, but I have absolutely no clue how this setup should do Conclave of Winds. Tips for Omnotron would be nice too.
    Last edited by mmoc4515b91cb7; 2011-06-07 at 09:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you have a rogue so you can cheese both V&T and Conclave. I would say probably V&T first since it honestly is not different aside from your tank getting ported every now and then and slightly more damage if your rogue does his job right.

Conclave will still be easy with a rogue but the rest of the raid has to learn their jobs which would probably result in more wipes than V&T.

I would do both of these before Omnotron probably.

Deleted
    What's the special job for rogue in Conclave?

The rogue has to be on the east platform at all times. He has to avoid the wind blast en the tornadoes. Also on the east platform u get a stacking debuff which increases dmg taken by nature more and more. The rogue is optimal for that place as he can just cloak of shadows the stacks off. Furthermore rogues barely take any fall damage and can keep themselves up with recuperate during the time there's no healer on that platform. Lastly the rogue has to nuke the shield since it needs to be brought down asap or there's a wipe.

Deleted
    I'd probably do V&T > Conclave > ODS in your case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyronus View Post
    The rogue is optimal for that place as he can just cloak of shadows the stacks off. Furthermore rogues barely take any fall damage and can keep themselves up with recuperate during the time there's no healer on that platform
    Ahh, I didn't realize the fall damage reduction + cloak combo