10+ Year Old Account

Nvidia GF GTX: 560TI 2gb vs 570?

I'm currently building a new PC for myself seeing as my laptop has only been causing me troubles and I have everything else already purchased/on the way but I'm still wondering on one last thing. (Also worth noting that the build will support either version of the card - power wise etc.)

As stated in the topic I'm having a hard time deciding between the two graphic cards Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti 2gb, both are in the same price range so that doesn't make much of a difference (the 560 2gb is the more expensive version of the 560 thats why).

Now, I have read quite a few reviews for the 570 (EVGA if I decided to buy it) and everyone agrees that its a very solid card capable of running everything up to date on max without much hassle, if you want to have a look here's an extensive review.

The 560Ti 2GB (Gainward) is a bit harder to evauate for me as its hard to actually find a review for the 2gb version. Here's a review of the normal 1GB version. The review version however performs similarly (slightly worse) than the 570 counterpart and it was also stated that it may start having trouble with some games which support DX11.

The 570 has a solid lead of about 5-10FPS in all of the tests conducted in all of the reviews, this could however be reduced bearing in mind the second card in question is an upgraded verson of the 560. This brings me to my point: which one would you say is better? Do you have experience (bad/good) with either one? My dad is leaning more towards the 2gb 560, when I'm a bit more inclined on the 570 if only because of the slight lead and slightly better managing of games on max details.
    Last edited by Daerth; 2011-06-08 at 01:22 PM.

Amount of video RAM over 1GB does next to nothing in current games unless you play at resolutions higher than 1920x1200 and shouldn't really be deciding factor.

edit:

Here's Radeon 6960 with 1GB and 2GB models for reference -> http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/293?vs=331

Framerates are exactly identical on 1920x1080 and smaller resolutions, 2GB is slightly faster on 2560x1600.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2011-06-08 at 01:28 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Still go with the 570 if you want better performance. 1.2gb VRAM is adequate on the 570.

Deleted
    I wasn't aware there was a 2gb model o_o

But anyway - I've also been looking at the 560 recently. From what I can see its great value for money and sits in the power range between the 6870 and 6950 Radeon cards (the 1gb model at least)

It also has great overclocking potential, most places will offer a pre-overclocked model for an extra price (or you can do it yourself) because the 560 has exceptionally low operating temperatures making it ideal for overclocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured that the 2GB is more of a "look we put 2gb on it" move, rather than an actual improvement save for some specific cases (like you said gaming at >1920), so thanks for the replies guys Really appreciate it, gonna stick with my preference then and go for the 570!

@Darthmatto here's a link to the 2gb Gainward on amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gainward-GeF...7542132&sr=8-2
    Last edited by Daerth; 2011-06-08 at 02:09 PM.

560 ti overclocked by youreself or 560 ti supercloked alrdy , in either case its a very good and solid video card ... and here its lot cheaper then 570 .

And talking bout 1gb , 2 gb is rlly rlly pointless ... There is a nvidia 3gb gpu which is so damn bad ... it seems like one to show off in stores look a cool pc with 3gb video card !!! nothing more .

imo 560ti