So they still don't get it...

My recent post on official forums

The fact that ranged has been favored this Tier and have offered no proof that Melee will be more friendly in 4.2 in a raid makeup.
    The Dev Q&A didnt even shed light on it... just the same BS answer as always
    The continued nerfs of Dks and warriors while buffing rogues
    I would like to point out a couple sites I hope they can take notes from
    http://stateofdps.com/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/

Now while these are not set in stone "this is how things are" its pretty reasonable melee DPS'ers representation is very low.
    Some fights that are cleave friendly certain specs can take advantage of it for a short while but melee numbers are very low.
    Shadow priests and Boomkins damage has been to high for to long
    Mages are now finally in a good place

But WHY are melee always getting punished for being close to the top? EVERY time we become threatening on meters we get nerfed because of some stupid PvP S***
    I mean im a Death Knight I use to do good damage be4 all the unholy changes now unholy is garbage frost is nice for a little while longer. Its just never ending

Why not give us a dps tree built more for pvp and give us our one GOOD dps spec i mean blood dps is sorely missed but yall had to F that up also.

Yall wanted to fix the presences so they "made sense" frost dps plays in unholy prez and unholy dps will go frost prez for hard sustained aoe (because guess what we didnt get the update for our dots to scale with haste DnD included)

Yall tossed frosts dps spec together for cata very minor changes from LK and took forever to buff it any (after unholys got nerfd to hell)

My other post about our Lame a** 2set on PtR was deleted for tyring to shed light on these fail changes.

So after the nerfs where do you think well be? We wont be able to stand toe to toe with someone else that can dish out high damage

Unholy is still bad
    Frost 2h is going down
    Frost DW while ok its stupid to play now

We use to be a dominate physical dps class (BLood) now we are a joke who gets to live with a nice buff for a month or 2 before we get a small overhaul that just totally Fks us over AGAIN.

They also said they wanted to get away from so much white damage because it didnt add to gameplay or w/e they wanted useing yellow attacks to be fun... fury warrior is prime example here. Nerf their new signature strike into the ground and buffed auto attack damage to 45%?

Wow thats some nice design there I have to say

I guess casters/ranged dps get their Xpac now
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Wow, it's sad how far Unholy has fallen from grace after being very good for most of WotLK and Cata.

Ill give my 2 cents on this.

Blood used to be a physical dps class in wrath, but was eclipsed by dw frost at higher gear levels (icc). With the whole change to talent trees in Cata, having all trees capable of dps and tanking wasn't viable, due to mastery. They made blood a dedicated tanking tree because it was also one of the best progression tanking specs back then.

2h frost is getting less than a 2% nerf here (1.12 to 1.1, a 1.8% nerf). This was to bring it in line with dw frost, because with the recent frost strike buff, which affected 2h frost more because of the extra rp.

And I never played unholy so I don't know whats going on with them. Sorry.

Fury warriors received those changes because of balance issues. Raging blow as TG fury was insane, its hard to deny that. Just deathwish+recklessness+raging blow=1shot. A guildy still got a 100k raging blow under cooldowns (given this was pve solo), so it is still a powerful attack. But autoattack damage was buffed to keep damage even while nerfing burst.

And iirc rogues were low for a while...

Also...wasn't a lot of WoW range friendly? I remember lots of encounters throughout bc and wrath being range friendly too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Ill give my 2 cents on this.
    I somewhat fail to see the point you tried to make. Frost dk's deal mediocre damage - gets nerfed. Fury deals damage that is competitive or even surpasses casters on single targets - gets nerfed as well.

Anyways on topic:
    After now a whole evening on ptr heroic testing I am kinda convinced that blizzard got to be kidding me. The ranged bias is borderline ridiculous and the utter lack of mobility is just retarded. But well luckily enough my damage got nerfed as well - so nobody will expect me to perform decent anyways and I can let myself get carried through the next and most likely last tier with this class. I did consider switching right now but since we kinda have a lot of restructuring going on anyways I decided that this wouldn't be a good moment for my guild.
    And yes I really miss blood. Was imho the best spec - themed around the use of a 2h utilizing deathcoil and strong melee attacks which was my impression on how the class was supposed to work. But well my own fault for not realizing how this would work out.

Yall isn't a word.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter alt in the house.... y'all =P

Always knew picking up a ranged DPS as my other 85 was a good choice. I've always hated playing DK dps.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

wrath being range friendly too.
    but the difference between wrath and cata is,you could take in alot of melee and suceed in wrath.try doing magmaw with a bunch of melee dps and see what happens

i was hoping firelands was gonna be more melee friendly.but from what ive heard,blizzard is keeping the trend of making the encounters harsh for melee dps

This thread

QQQ

www.qq.org

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

QQQQQQQQQQ

QQQQ

10+ Year Old Account
    uhhhhhhm, ahahaa? wut?

World of Rangedcraft: Get used to it, it wont change anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    but the difference between wrath and cata is,you could take in alot of melee and suceed in wrath.
    saurfang would like a word with you

let's see. 6 classes with a possible melee spec and another 6 classes with ranged dps spec.
    a total of 10 Melee DPS specs (whether viable or not) opposed to a total of 12 Ranged DPS specs.

of those classes all melee classes have an alternate spec that is not melee only.
    of those classes 3 classes only have DPS specs. (ranged only too)

dunno about you but i think i see a pattern there.

putting all that aside.. i would suggest you stop looking at top parses and focus on your guild or the people you raid with unless you're one of those guilds.
    If you're not at that level you have no right to complain.
    In my last guild we were doing 10-mans with 3 damn DKs (one tank 2 frost) and the 2 frosts were owning meters. not because they were overgeared compared to the rest of the people but because they 1 knew how to play the class and 2 the class is fairly strong in the right hands.

You keep on complaining how its not balanced and stuff. I'll just sit here and watch as you try and find other excuses for your lack of ability.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

Deleted
    Whilst I agree that so far Cata has 'favoured' ranged classes I find the rest of your post to be a huge QQ.

In PvE DKs needed a slight nerf, frost was putting out big number on single target and multiple targets with ease. In PvP something needed to be done about frost, it was silly. Maybe the nerfs have gone a bit too far but we'll see with 4.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshiva View Post
    of those classes all melee classes have an alternate spec that is not melee only.
    Erm, rogue's would disagree
    Last edited by mmoc573f783fc1; 2011-06-09 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Spelling

They should just nerf Howling Blast back to how it was. Either give it a CD or make it only useable in melee range. That spell redefines OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Balore View Post
    Whilst I agree that so far Cata has 'favoured' ranged classes I find the rest of your post to be a huge QQ.

In PvE DKs needed a slight nerf, frost was putting out big number on single target and multiple targets with ease.
    Erm, rogue's would disagree
    I'd be really interested on where you'd draw that conclusion from. As you are probably well knowing already rogues get a ridiculously huge buff the next patch - both directly through certain class buffs and indirectly through a hilariously good t12 bonuses. Not that I really expect an actual answer backed up by something considering the amount of trolling going on here lately.