Thread: Arcane PvP

Deleted

Arcane PvP

EDIT: READ THE SECOND SENTENCE. Jeez. This forum is read by 5y.o.'s that can't go more than a single sentence sometimes.

Can someone give in 4-5 sentences the basic way to play a mage in pvp with an arcane spec?

The main idea is to play it in battlegrounds for fun. It is not meant to be a serious spec since in that case I'd go frost which I hear is imbalanced lately in pvp.

I got some items 'incidentally' [while PvEing and getting valor], now on 4-set bonus 365 and 1500 resilience and I thought why not, let's join some pug battlegrounds.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2011-06-11 at 10:05 PM.

Its called frost.

lolz, I suppose it's called frost works if you like control and such, but I get it OP, you like to burst people down pewpew!
    so, just take the talents that support pvp in arcane, and a few control talents in frost and go for it.
    It's not like you can't.
    "OP might be on to somthing. I once walked past an alley and I saw atleast 4 Blizz employees beating a man that had on a Rift T-Shirt. They started shouting racial slurs that had no relevance to the man himself and when they were done... they dropped a 2 month prepaid card on his bleeding, beaten body...." Zonas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugs View Post
    Its called frost.
    Incapable to read the 2nd sentence?

---------- Post added 2011-06-11 at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wylatron View Post
    lolz, I suppose it's called frost works if you like control and such, but I get it OP
    No you don't. Read the second sentence.

Arcane Power.
    Mirror Images.
    Arcane Blast.
    Arcane Blast.
    Arcane Blast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    Arcane Power.
    Mirror Images.
    Arcane Blast.
    Arcane Blast.
    Arcane Blast.
    /thread right there.

No really, that's it. Just hope they don't nuke you so you can keep spamming blasts.

Don't get focused so stay far away and turret your dumb arcane blasts and massacre everyone for 150k a hit.

If they swap to you, good thing your talents are bugged and your pushback clears the whole battleground so you can get back to tunneling your 150k bolts.

Arcane is worse than frost at everything it does except standing at max range, free of any melee, chaining AB.

Bottom line is have fun destroying everyone and everything until they see you.

But really, if they do see you in the back, just pop your clonage spell and enjoy another 20 seconds or so of free casting before they realize who's who.

I'd try the following build:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#oMIrrRhRMRoocbMb:q0szMa

and basically stay at max range behind team-mates.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    EDIT: READ THE SECOND SENTENCE. Jeez. This forum is read by 5y.o.'s that can't go more than a single sentence sometimes.

Can someone give in 4-5 sentences the basic way to play a mage in pvp with an arcane spec?

The main idea is to play it in battlegrounds for fun. It is not meant to be a serious spec since in that case I'd go frost which I hear is imbalanced lately in pvp.

I got some items 'incidentally' [while PvEing and getting valor], now on 4-set bonus 365 and 1500 resilience and I thought why not, let's join some pug battlegrounds.
    Not sure I can do 4-5... but here goes...

Main thing for arcane is to keep distance, pop cd's, and nuke away. don't use AM unless you have to, they give you away. Keep your mana shield on CD. Save invis like a second ice block, immediately after if necessary - remember too that it's an instant invis.

There's really not much to it. You lack a lot of defensive abilities.

Simple strats might be, open with sheep, slow, Ab, Ab, Ab, POM+ Ab, Arc Pow + trinket + Gem, ArB. repeat.

If you're not being noticed, just spam AB til you want a kill and POM the last one so you follow with another 20k+ hit. Mage armor or glyph Frost for mana regen. Use RoF defensively by standing in it, once there, evocate.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by chevvy View Post
    But really, if they do see you in the back, just pop your clonage spell and enjoy another 20 seconds or so of free casting before they realize who's who.
    You realize you just told everyone here that mirror images actually fool you, right?

Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by chevvy View Post
    Don't get focused so stay far away and turret your dumb arcane blasts and massacre everyone for 150k a hit.

If they swap to you, good thing your talents are bugged and your pushback clears the whole battleground so you can get back to tunneling your 150k bolts.

Arcane is worse than frost at everything it does except standing at max range, free of any melee, chaining AB.

Bottom line is have fun destroying everyone and everything until they see you.

You're obviously exaggerating, and doing a bad job at it.

Iv done this a long time now and I can't say how much I enjoy it... Its AMAZING. I mainly do 2vs2 to get capped with a skilled priest so our tact is the following: Il try to keep 1 sheeped all the time, and he will mainly keep me alive as I try to burst as good as possible. I also use full PvE average 356 so I do crit within 40k on low rated people : ) Try it at the lower ratings with a decent healer its close to faceroll. But the second you face skilled/hig rated players change to frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Talamas View Post
    You realize you just told everyone here that mirror images actually fool you, right?

Epic.
    They do... Sometimes. I just had 1 today in a BG. Some dumb warruor started attacking my images. Funny as hell.
    Also, sometimes feign death also fools people.